• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Exactly. This is not a new quote from him. He means that the US will be a fiery hellscape after Hillary is elected so there will be no more elections.

Is it true that Kaine did a rally in FL and only 30 people showed up?

Also, why is it good news that there have been more GOP votes in FL so far?

It seems like a small venue.

400x225

Iolo

Exactly. This is not a new quote from him. He means that the US will be a fiery hellscape after Hillary is elected so there will be no more elections.

Is it true that Kaine did a rally in FL and only 30 people showed up?

Also, why is it good news that there have been more GOP votes in FL so far?

The 30 people was the overflow outside ;) He was visiting the people who couldn't get in.

Donald Trump Live!

The Rigged Disaster Tour
Special guest: Sarah Palin

Tuesday 25 January 2017
Comerica Theatre, Phoenix, AZ

Thursday 27 January 2017
City Bank Auditorium, Lubbock, TX

Friday 28 January 2017
Aztec Theatre, San Antonio, TX

Monday 31 January 2017
Metroplex, Little Rock, AR

Wednesday 02 February 2017
Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL

Thursday 03 February 2017
Fillmore Miami Beach, Jackie Gleason Theater, Miami Beach, FL

Friday 04 February 2017
Florida Theatre - Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL

Saturday 05 February 2017
The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC

Monday 07 February 2017
The Ritz, Raleigh, NC

Saturday 12 February 2017
Kings Theatre, Brooklyn, NY

Is it possible that the lack of ground game and infrastructure for Trump will be even more pronounced on election day than we are seeing in early voting?

Omg a family changed the channel to fox news. Didn't know you could change it.

Trump rally on.

Twist: they're shit talking trump in spanish. The grandparents are clearly from Spain (besides skin color the lisp gives it away). Talking about how he talks big but had no balls and that other nation leaders would eat him alive.

I was about to engage but I'm finally leaving the waiting room.

Thanks for the well wishes!

I'm calling it now: Hillary Clinton wins and she wins BIGLY! It will be tremendous! We are gonna win so much that we're not gonna want to win anymore!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Omg a family changed the channel to fox news. Didn't know you could change it.

Trump rally on.

Twist: they're shit talking trump in spanish. The grandparents are clearly from Spain (besides skin color the lisp gives it away). Talking about how he talks big but had no balls and that other nation leaders would eat him alive.

I was about to engage but I'm finally leaving the waiting room.

Thanks for the well wishes!

LOL

Hope everything goes well dude.

Is it possible that the lack of ground game and infrastructure for Trump will be even more pronounced on election day than we are seeing in early voting?

They've got one hit of hopium left for FL, and that's the idea that Dems have targeted and motivated their most reliable voters to such an extent that on Election Day they won't have enough in-person voters to compete with a mass of White men who will come out in hordes from the swamps and retirement communities to overwhelm everyone in a Ben-Gay and Bud Light scented tsunami.

This is obviously a fantasy, but it's what they've got left

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Were dems really leading in early voting in 2012 in Florida?

We can overcome that mail old fuck people lead?

Joeytj

Banned
It affects most Americans. How would that not be a big story?

(I know I'm late, but I'm just catching up to the thread)

Not politically. They even already debated this and Hillary won the argument in most polls. Obamacare needs fixing, bla bla bla. Bye.

@taniel: Colorado: 9% of all registered voters have returned ballot.

Turnout rate is 11.7% among Ds, 9.5% among registered Rs, 6.6% among others.

Hard to make a comparison since this is the first prez year with all mail in, but in 14, Dems returned their ballots much later than the GOP. This is ominous for Republicans.

Bannon's puppet Trump is rolling out his, "OMG Clinton is going to burn us all in a nuclear maelstrom!" gambit.

On Syria's civil war, Trump said Clinton could drag the United States into a world war with a more aggressive posture toward resolving the conflict.

Clinton has called for the establishment of a no-fly zone and “safe zones” on the ground to protect non-combatants. Some analysts fear that protecting those zones could bring the United States into direct conflict with Russian fighter jets.

"What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria," said Trump as he dined on fried eggs and sausage at his Trump National Doral golf resort. "You’re going to end up in World War Three over Syria if we listen to Hillary Clinton," Trump said.

"You’re not fighting Syria any more, you’re fighting Syria, Russia and Iran, all right? Russia is a nuclear country, but a country where the nukes work as opposed to other countries that talk," he said.

Trump said Assad is much stronger now than he was three years ago. He said getting Assad to leave power was less important than defeating Islamic State.

"Assad is secondary, to me, to ISIS," he said.

Russia has never had a POTUS candidate as dedicated to their foreign interests, as Trump. Sad!
putin_dancing.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-exclusive-idUSKCN12P2PZ

Trump halts big-money fundraising, cutting off cash to the party
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has effectively shut down his high-dollar fundraising operation for the rest of the campaign, a highly unusual move that deals another serious blow to the GOP's effort to finance its get-out-the-vote operation before Election Day.

Steven Mnuchin, Trump's national finance chairman, said in an interview with The Washington Post on Tuesday that Trump Victory, a joint fundraising committee between the party and the campaign, held its last formal fundraiser on Oct. 19. The luncheon was in Las Vegas on the day of the final presidential debate.

"We’ve kind of wound down," Mnuchin said. "But the online fundraising continues to be strong."

While Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is headlining her last fundraiser Tuesday night in Miami, her campaign has scheduled 41 other events between now and Nov. 3 featuring high-profile surrogates such as her daughter, Chelsea, running mate Tim Kaine and the entertainer Cher, according to a schedule sent to donors this weekend.

Mnuchin said the Trump campaign decided to keep the candidate's final weeks focused on taking his message to the voters in person rather than on raising money. There may be a handful of events in coming days featuring Trump surrogates, including his son Donald Jr., according to people familiar with the internal discussions. But Mnuchin said "there is virtually nothing planned."

"We have minimized his fundraising schedule over the last month to emphasize his focus on political [events]," Mnuchin said. "Unlike Hillary, who has been fundraising and not out and about, he has constantly been out and about."

But Trump's decision effectively turns off one of the main spigots to the Republican National Committee, which collected $40 million through Trump Victory as of Sept. 30. The party has devoted a large share of the funds to pay for its national voter mobilization program to benefit the entire Republican ticket.

That's hilarious, and means the GOP has even less to help down-ballot candidates. He really is in Scorched Earth mode. He and Bannon are totally going to try to take a chunk of GOP voters and hold the Party hostage unless they're given what they want. What is that? I guess we'll find out in '18. LOLZ
I am curious what he really wants?

He doesn't want to run again and he doesn't give two shits about the party. What does Trump want in the end outside of a possible Trump TV?

Joeytj

Banned

He doesn't want to run again and he doesn't give two shits about the party. What does Trump want in the end outside of a possible Trump TV?

He wants to save face, and if he can't win the election, he'll find a way to come out on top of something be it the Republican Party, a big chunk of the electorate, a possible Trump TV, etc.

More than anything else, I believe he wants the illusion of control. He wants to feel like his decisions lead to a conclusion that he determined. Since winning is not an option, all that remains is the scorched earth.

Because it will feel like something he controlled, he will feel victorious, and he has a whole bank of excuses already as to why he had to do it. Unfair media treatment, poor support from the party, social corruption, whatever.

He has redefined his notion of victory to standing on top of whatever smoldering heap remains from his campaign. If he doesn't benefit, nobody can.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Perhaps they have finally established that the type of people turning up to rallies are his only supporters and he is trying to maximize the number of people he reaches in person in order to build as big a fanbase as possible for downstream monetization. Write off the election while extracting maximum value.

Or perhaps he is trying to double down on his "watch the polling booths and intimidate people" strategy which is a message he kind of needs to deliver in person and get people fired up. Election day shenanigans is pretty much the only thing that could rescue him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom