• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious what he really wants?

He doesn't want to run again and he doesn't give two shits about the party. What does Trump want in the end outside of a possible Trump TV?

He wants RNC contracts for his hotels, to lease his voter and contributor-files, and he wants to be feted as a King-maker within the Party and by CableTV. That's my best guess. Bannon just wants to be seen by the Internet Nazis as a giant-killer who brought the cucks to their knees.

They've got one hit of hopium left for FL, and that's the idea that Dems have targeted and motivated their most reliable voters to such an extent that on Election Day they won't have enough in-person voters to compete with a mass of White men who will come out in hordes from the swamps and retirement communities to overwhelm everyone in a Ben-Gay and Bud Light scented tsunami.

This is obviously a fantasy, but it's what they've got left

Excuse me?

It's Neosporin and full throated Budweiser around here, bigot.

Seriously though, Polk county going for Hillary is weird.

14681849_10103679760268105_2027059991461593992_n.jpg

I did my part

He wants to save face, and if he can't win the election, he'll find a way to come out on top of something be it the Republican Party, a big chunk of the electorate, a possible Trump TV, etc.

More than anything else, I believe he wants the illusion of control. He wants to feel like his decisions lead to a conclusion that he determined. Since winning is not an option, all that remains is the scorched earth.

Because it will feel like something he controlled, he will feel victorious, and he has a whole bank of excuses already as to why he had to do it. Unfair media treatment, poor support from the party, social corruption, whatever.

He has redefined his notion of victory to standing on top of whatever smoldering heap remains from his campaign. If he doesn't benefit, nobody can.
That I thought of.. but I'm thinking of something tangiable outside of fluffing his ego. Something that he can hoist as a trophy and say ta-da.

Perhaps they have finally established that the type of people turning up to rallies are his only supporters and he is trying to maximize the number of people he reaches in person in order to build as big a fanbase as possible for downstream monetization. Write off the election while extracting maximum value.

Or perhaps he is trying to double down on his "watch the polling booths and intimidate people" strategy which is a message he kind of needs to deliver in person and get people fired up. Election day shenanigans is pretty much the only thing that could rescue him now.
That's possible.. but I think he's given up on winning and is going to try and destroy those who "stabbed him the back" and save his ego.

But there has to be a trophy besides his ego fluffing.

He wants RNC contracts for his hotels, to lease his voter and contributor-files, and he wants to be feted as a King-maker within the Party and by CableTV. That's my best guess. Bannon just wants to be seen by the Internet Nazis as a giant-killer who brought the cucks to their knees.
I think that might be the answer.. but do they think the GOP would let him in like that after he's show how toxic he is?

That's possible.. but I think he's given up on winning and is going to try and destroy those who "stabbed him the back" and save his ego.

But there has to be a trophy besides his ego fluffing

He probably hates doing the fundraising and so he's not going to do it anymore, that it hurts the RNC is probably just icing on the cake.

Maybe if FL becomes reliably blue, the crankier olds will stop retiring here.

No they won't, because they can still pay shit all in property taxes, shit up the roads, ruin my grocery stores, and provide a net negative to the state 8 months out of the year when they don't live here, and coast on the fact that we're a tourism based economy.

So what we need to do, is build a wall, and get the tourists to pay for it.

Then let Lockheed take over the state. :^)

I am curious what he really wants?

Simple, attention.

He's like the depiction of GOD in Preacher comics.
He's going to lose and lose badly. The worst run campaign for the worse possible person to ever attempt to run for office.

This is him attempting to flex power over people and get whatever he wants.

This is kind of messed up.

No tears for the GOP but seriously, could we ask for a better and more clear punishment for the continual right-sliding denial of reality the GOP have been pushing for years?

They brought this fucking golem to life and now he's trying to kill them all.

Tells me two things. His money has dried up. Also that he's petty. He doesn't care about downballot republicans and it's so nice to see them getting screwed over as well.
Not convinced the money has dried up. I think this is him trying to fill his pockets or just outright punish the party for his own failings.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(I know I'm late, but I'm just catching up to the thread)

Not politically. They even already debated this and Hillary won the argument in most polls. Obamacare needs fixing, bla bla bla. Bye.

Yeah, I wasn't meaning it would be a big story "politically." Just that a rise in premiums would qualify as national news.

I think that might be the answer.. but do they think the GOP would let him in like that after he's show how toxic he is?

They can't stop him if the RNC believes his voter/contributor files are worthwhile. I don't think they are, but Reince will have to make that call, if he survives past this year.

He could reasonably blackmail the Party if a large chunk of his voters are as cultish as they seem. The RNC can't have 20-30% of their voters disgusted with the Establishment and enthralled by Trump, and stay a relevant national party. That's why I think Trump gets a seat at the grift table as long as he stays relevant to the base.

No they won't, because they can still pay shit all in property taxes, shit up the roads, ruin my grocery stores, and provide a net negative to the state 8 months out of the year when they don't live here, and coast on the fact that we're a tourism based economy.

So what we need to do, is build a wall, and get the tourists to pay for it.

Then let Lockheed take over the state. :^)

Once we drain the Floridan Aquifer and half of Central Florida falls into a 300ft sinkhole, where will Lockheed launch their satellites from?

But I like your ideas, and I want to subscribe to your newsletter

+1 for God-Queen McNasty

Feels good to avoid the mess it might be on election day (polls were busy but no lines). I can't wait to vote again and again every single day for the next two weeks to rig the election against Trump!

Top Democrats steamed that party letting Rubio skate
Many Democrats see things the other way. Reid (D-Nev.) is advocating for the party to make an 11th-hour reentry into Florida, Democratic sources said. Barack Obama has also taken a keen interest in the race, traveling to Florida to knock Rubio last week. He'll return Friday in Orlando.

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) has been pleading with former President Bill Clinton to get Democrats more interested in the Florida contest, sources familiar with the matter said. Bill Clinton himself believes Democrats gave up on the race prematurely and is urging Florida donors to support Murphy.
Democrats' internal polling in the state ranges from placing Murphy within striking distance to as much as 10 points down, according to people who have viewed those polls.
“I understand it’s not Chuck Schumer’s job to worry about presidential politics,” said Steve Schale, who managed President Obama’s 2008 campaign in Florida. But “we’re all going to look a little dumb if Rubio wins by 80,000 votes and announces for president in two years.”
Schumer and Reid fighting against each other here.

And why the fuck is Schumer buying ads in NY (I've seen them on TV myself):
In theory, Schumer could transfer more money to the DSCC; he had $20 million in his campaign coffers at the start of October. But he’s currently spending on ads in his own reelection campaign in the pricey New York market and has already transferred more than $6 million into Senate races.

Joeytj

Banned
Yeah, I wasn't meaning it would be a big story "politically." Just that a rise in premiums would qualify as national news.

The rise itself is big news, but in practice it won't actually mean much for most Americans who already have insurance or about to get it. California will only see a 13% rise, for example, and that's the biggest state in the country. Others will be able to avoid paying the hikes thanks to the federal subsidies, while millions of others won't be affected by the hikes because they are insured under their employers.

Obviously, that still leaves millions who will get a sticker shock of premiums, but that won't even be a problem mostly until after the election, if you are worried about the political implication.

Trump and the Republicans will try and make this an "October surprise", but it will barely live on to tomorrow. Colin Powell's endorsement is also big news today. And whatever new crazy thing Trump does, says or comes out about him.

So Chuck Schumer is blowing through campaign cash by running ads for himself in expensive NY market, which is a lock for him. Money which he could lend to Murphy/downballot.

In theory, Schumer could transfer more money to the DSCC; he had $20 million in his campaign coffers at the start of October. But he’s currently spending on ads in his own reelection campaign in the pricey New York market and has already transferred more than $6 million into Senate races.

CvpSFS-XEAAApNr.jpg

CvpSFS-XgAAC6cw.jpg

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/democrats-marco-rubio-florida-senate-230298#ixzz4O8YrYgox

Edit: Beaten like Murphy on election day

They can't stop him if the RNC believes his voter/contributor files are worthwhile. I don't think they are, but Reince will have to make that call, if he survives past this year.

He could reasonably blackmail the Party if a large chunk of his voters are as cultish as they seem. The RNC can't have 20-30% of their voters disgusted with the Establishment and enthralled by Trump, and stay a relevant national party. That's why I think Trump gets a seat at the grift table as long as he stays relevant to the base.
If they do that.. that is a permanent albatross on their neck though because he's going to say the shit he's saying and it will be worse if they let him have a seat at the grift table. The Democrats can paint them as the Party of Trump completely if they let him stay instead of burning their bridge with him.

Not that I'm complaining if they do.. but that seems like the worst move that they could do.. wouldn't it?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The rise itself is big news, but in practice it won't actually mean much for most Americans who already have insurance or about to get it. California will only see a 13% rise, for example, and that's the biggest state in the country. Others will be able to avoid paying the hikes thanks to the federal subsidies, while millions of others won't be affected by the hikes because they are insured under their employers.

Obviously, that still leaves millions who will get a sticker shock of premiums, but that won't even be a problem mostly until after the election, if you are worried about the political implication.

Trump and the Republicans will try and make this an "October surprise", but it will barely live on to tomorrow. Colin Powell's endorsement is also big news today. And whatever new crazy thing Trump does, says or comes out about him.

I'm not worried about anything, and I agree with you. I was merely arguing for the story being worthy of being covered on TV. Somebody mocked CNN for trying to make it a top story. I just think that a government-organized health care system having an increase in premiums would qualify for some time on TV, that's all. Had nothing to do with being a lengthy story that would be politically damaging.

Blader

Hopefully Kander and Ross win their races, otherwise pulling money out of FL will have been all for naught. I have to imagine their internal numbers on Murphy were bad enough to justify re-allocating that money toward NC and MO instead.

Why Schumer is wasting money on his own seat, who knows :lol

Plinko

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 2m2 minutes ago

top GOP pollster: "What we're seeing is Johnson and Stein trending down, and going to Clinton."

Yes. Oh, yes.

Going to be fun with Schumer as majority leader. We're going to miss the days of Reid which is hilarious considering the vitriol that came his way only a few years ago.

Cyanity

Banned
If they do that.. that is a permanent albatross on their neck though because he's going to say the shit he's saying and it will be worse if they let him have a seat at the grift table. The Democrats can paint them as the Party of Trump completely if they let him stay instead of burning their bridge with him.

Not that I'm complaining if they do.. but that seems like the worst move that they could do.. wouldn't it?

Trump won't have a seat at shit once all 200 of his election-year lawsuits are processed and his ass is rotting in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom