• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they have to do the rules change at the beginning of the years session?

That's the general consensus, but Reid at one point was amenable to the argument that mid-session rule changes could be done, and then dare SCOTUS to rebuke him.

4-4 tie would be a poetic end to that gambit, don't you think?

HylianTom

Banned
I'm hoping for at least 51 senators, just in case we lose the 2017 special election in Virginia to fill Tim Kaine's seat. The GOP will be ultra-motivated to take back the Senate, especially if SCOTUS is still on the line.

Ah, here it is. Gross and yet utterly unsurprising: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...entice-and-playboy-model-brande-roderick.html

Married Donald Trump Kept ‘Proposing’ to Celebrity Apprentice and Playboy Model Brande Roderick
Donald and Melania were already wed at the time. That didn’t stop him from insisting over and over that he wanted this Celebrity Apprentice ‘as his wife,’ multiple sources say.
Asawin Suebsaeng
ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

During the 13th season of The Apprentice, Donald Trump infamously told celebrity contestant and Playboy Playmate Brande Roderick that it “must be a pretty picture, you dropping to your knees.”
That was the oral-sex joke that made it to air on NBC; what didn’t was two seasons worth of Trump telling Roderick he wanted to “marry” her and talking about how badly he wanted to “fuck” the Playboy model with the “perfect body” and gorgeous “tits,” three former Apprentice employees tell The Daily Beast.

Boke1879

Just confirms Trump is disgusting like we already knew.

That said shit needs to be reported and I'm not one to handwave this shit. I understand this election has different standards, but I won't sit back and call this shit boring. That type of shit normalizes all of this. The shit is disgusting. Even if it doesn't get play or move the needle.

Turnout in Madison WI is breaking records:
With more than a week of early voting left in the City of Madison, a new record for the number of absentee ballots issued and returned has already been broken.

As of Tuesday, the City Clerk had issued a total of 35,497 absentee ballots and had 31,421 returned to be counted, shattering the previous records of 32,012 issued in 2008 and 29,199 returned in 2012.

The city has also established another new record with 26,527 absentee ballots cast in person at early voting locations. The previous high was 18,752 ballots cast in person in 2012.

"I would not be surprised if we had 40,000 absentee ballots cast in person," said City of Madison Clerk Maribeth Witzel-Behl.
In large part thanks to the court ruling that led to expanded early vote period.

You guys need to stop hyping yourself up for every piece of news and then shit on it because it's not some world ending megaton, especially when the reports are things that deserve to be written on.

Ecotic

This is why Garland must not be confirmed. Republicans need to pay dearly for not confirming Garland and talking about this 8 - Justice crap.

Hillary needs to nominate a 43 year old judge. Make it a District Court judge just to rub it in. A firebrand liberal.

Can people PLEASE stop saying this tape or not this stuff needs to come out.

I dont like how this stuff is getting dismiss now because of no tape or audio.

I mean, I don't want to dismiss it! It's gross! He's foul! But in terms of impact, one of the reasons the Access Hollywood tape had an affect was that there was audio.

It's the difference between Alicia Machado saying Donald called her Ms. Piggy or Ms. Housekeeping and then then actually having tangible audio of said conversations.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A motion has been laid upon the table to ban the word nothingburger. Do I have a second? I have a second. Without opposition the motion is ad----NO TPP! NO TPP!

Still funny.
Don't know when it will stop being funny, but that expiration date is not here yet, lol.

I mean, I don't want to dismiss it! It's gross! He's foul! But in terms of impact, one of the reasons the Access Hollywood tape had an affect was that there was audio.

It's the difference between Alicia Machado saying Donald called her Ms. Piggy or Ms. Housekeeping and then then actually having tangible audio of said conversations.

So? Why is it even being judged on that standard? This is like reading gaming side during E3.

So? Why is it even being judged on that standard?

I'm talking purely in terms of political impact. I don't think this is that controversial.

Imagine if there was no tape of Romney saying the 47% line.

EDIT: The *This being that recorded audio or video has more of an impact than otherwise.

Iolo

Reporting on this Trump stuff is good and necessary; it will all be used in future lawsuits. It just won't affect the election like GOP strategist Rick Wilson so plaintively claims.

Are California'a votes gonna take like two weeks to fully count again like they did in the primaries? i know it won't matter for federal elections but just for some of these close propositions

Boke1879

I'm talking purely in terms of political impact. I don't think this is that controversial.

Imagine if there was no tape of Romney saying the 47% line.

I get that, but lets be real. for ANYONE else. Half the shit Trump has been accused of would have been enough to bury a candidate. My biggest fear after Trump is that a lot of this shit is normalized and shrugged off.

Boke1879

Reporting on this Trump stuff is good and necessary; it will all be used in future lawsuits. It just won't affect the election like GOP strategist Rick Wilson so plaintively claims.

Yea I was thinking about this earlier. A lot of this isn't even about destroying Trump the candidate. Trump the brand and person will be ruined by this down the line.

Isn't the man going to court for supposedly raping a 13 year old girl? I mean I hope that's not true, but I'm shocked that hasn't gotten any attention.

Also thanks for letting me know what lawsuit was being discussed.

jbug617

Banned
Got an email for Hillary saying Trump is +2 in Florida according to the Bloomberg poll. She says don't get complacent and give money to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom