• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but lets be real. for ANYONE else. Half the shit Trump has been accused of would have been enough to bury a candidate. My biggest fear after Trump is that a lot of this shit is normalized and shrugged off.

Definitely. But you're all killing yourself over OPPO OPPO OPPO. At this point, that stuff will only take hold with this electorate if there's actually a recording.

Sucks? Sure. But this will not change anyone's vote. I'm not being callous. Again, he's gross, but if you're looking for something to depress Republican turnout (which is the point of OPPO OPPO OPPO), you need something that can be watched or listened to.

That's the general consensus, but Reid at one point was amenable to the argument that mid-session rule changes could be done, and then dare SCOTUS to rebuke him.

4-4 tie would be a poetic end to that gambit, don't you think?
SCOTUS has already unanimously said Senate rules are purely it's own in canning. It'd be a 8-0 decision. And likely wouldn't even be taken up. SCOTUS isn't going to tell the Senate what it's rules are besides if laws violate the Constitution.

Iolo

"There are no tanks in Baghdad. Donald Trump is winning this election."

UpJh2m2.jpg

Got an email for Hillary saying Trump is +2 in Florida according to the Bloomberg poll. She says don't get complacent and give money to help
Welcome to campaign fundraising. :p

Anyway, this lawsuit is actually really interesting. The RNC is going to have to argue that Trump is not a part of the RNC, and what he says is no reflection on them. This could cause an interesting argument. I can't figure out how your nominee calling for policing polling locations isn't in violation of the consent decree.

wutwutwut

SCOTUS has already unanimously said Senate rules are purely it's own in canning. It'd be a 8-0 decision. And likely wouldn't even be taken up. SCOTUS isn't going to tell the Senate what it's rules are besides if laws violate the Constitution.
Yeah, Congress is only accountable to the people (lol).

Sucks that 2016 is going to go down as the year the most horrible kind of man
almost
won the presidency, but politics gotta politic.

Maybe it'll just be good for everyone to take a break after this mess goes down.

Boke1879

Jason Chaffetz
@jasoninthehouse
I will not defend or endorse @realDonaldTrump, but I am voting for him. HRC is that bad. HRC is bad for the USA.

Remember when he was one of the first to openly reject Trump after the tape and even went on the news to do so. Now look at him. Lol such spineless cowards.

Remember when he was one of the first to openly reject Trump after the tape and even went on the news to do so. Now look at him. Lol such spineless cowards.

Such garbage. He's doing it for pure gain among what's left of the GOP House after the elections. There's no harm at all to tossing Trump under the bus as a Utahn.

mo60

Sucks that 2016 is going to go down as the year the most horrible kind of man
almost
won the presidency, but politics gotta politic.

Maybe it'll just be good for everyone to take a break after this mess goes down.

I wouldn't call getting destroyed by 7%+ almost won the presidency.

Magni

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually votes for her. He wants the chance to investigate her over and over.

Interesting piece on jill stein. She holds investments in placers she opposes.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-says-another.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Can't believe I wasted life skimming that. That was one of the stupidest hit pieces I've seen on someone who isn't even worth the time. She doesn't control the investment options that are offered to the public and obviously doesn't have the authority to completely avoid interacting with all the things she criticizes just like you, me, or the author. I mean c'mon...

Bowdz

More than any other reason, I want one of the mythical oppo tapes to drop to see what cowards like Chaffetz would do. Do they re unendorse or just weasel through? Nothing would crack me up more than go have GOPers endorse/unendorse/reendorse/reunendorse in the same two month period.

Dierce

These assholes are absolute garbage. There just isn't any rational explanation for how they can believe the things they do because putting myself in their shoes this constant stream of hypocrisy and projections that they exhume is unbearable for any reasonable human being.

You have to either be a psychopath or a fictional villain to think like they do.

I'm conflicted on if the n-word tape exists, but this thread should be wanting it just to see the impossible "I don't endorse but will vote for Trump>I do endorse Trump>I rescind my endorsement>I rescind my rescindment of my endorsement>I rescind my recindment of my recindment of my endorsement" cycle from Jason Chaffetz.

NeoXChaos

I'm conflicted on if the n-word tape exists, but this thread should be wanting it just to see the impossible "I don't endorse but will vote for Trump>I do endorse Trump>I rescind my endorsement>I rescind my rescindment of my endorsement>I rescind my recindment of my recindment of my endorsement" cycle from Jason Chaffetz.

whose the most likely next senator and Gov when Hubert and Hatch retire?

jtb

Banned
The thing that baffles me the most is that... what exactly do they gain by towing the line? It's pathetic. You don't get the benefits of supporting Trump, or dumping him. You get the toxicity of both and none of the upside of either.

Dierce

The thing that baffles me the most is that... what exactly do they gain by towing the line? It's pathetic. You don't get the benefits of supporting Trump, or dumping him. You get the toxicity of both and none of the upside of either.

I think they want the media to go with the narrative that the republicans are falling in line and will vote for their candidate no matter what. It is despicable and cowardly.

Diablos

Wow. Remember when he was on the phone saying he can't vote for Trump after the tape? What a wimp.

Maddow just raised a good point on her show. If for some reason this election would go to the Supreme Court, it should come as no surprise as to why Trump called out Justice Ginsburg at the third debate. It's because ultimately he and the Republicans would want her to recuse herself because of her comments about him. I think that's what it's all about. Holy crap, I never even saw that.

whose the most likely next senator and Gov when Hubert and Hatch retire?

The Republican primary will be Love vs. Chaffetz when Hatch finally retires. Could see Huntsman winning the seat against either one as an independent though.

Not sure about governor. Everyone loves our Lieutenant Governor, but he's a squishy moderate-sounding technocrat who may not get through a primary.

Wow. Remember when he was on the phone saying he can't vote for Trump after the tape? What a wimp.

Maddow just raised a good point on her show. If for some reason this election would go to the Supreme Court, it should come as no surprise as to why Trump called out Justice Ginsburg at the third debate. It's because ultimately he and the Republicans would want her to recuse herself because of her comments about him. I think that's what it's all about. Holy crap, I never even saw that.

there is no plausible scenario where this was ever going to the supreme court.

Trump is just a jackass that can't control his mouth. there is no "master plan" to sucker the a supreme court justice.

How would this election ever go to the Supreme Court? And Trump is not cunning enough to plan for such a scenario.

Dierce

She wont do it though. It is just an ethical question and Justice Ginsburg more than anyone knows what is on the line. It will be a tie and fall back to the lower courts.

If the Republicans end up trying to stop a recount it will fail, I imagine that would be the main reason it would reach the supreme court in the first place.

Iolo

I think in the case of Chaffetz, they are getting increasingly nervous about losing Utah, and don't want a revolt against them from within if it happens.

I think in the case of Chaffetz, they are getting increasingly nervous about losing Utah, and don't want a revolt against them from within if it happens.

This is about how I see it. The GOP doesn't fear Never-Trump voters. They've bet by '18-'20 those folks will want a chance to win. They fear a third of the base crying about 'stabbed in the back' and vowing to burn it all down. They'd rather have Trump's voters angry, inside the tent pissing out, than outside pissing in.

smurfx

get some go again
Ugh, I wish people would stop pretending that investing in index funds, a sensible choice and the one most people investing should make, somehow means that you personally support each individual company that has a stock belonging to the index. I think it's on net harmful to push people away from index investing.

Also no one cares about Jill Stein.
eh she's the type who would use that against clinton so i think it's fair game.

Reading about Hillary's eMAiILzzZSS, I do think Cheryl Mills is a liability. Not because she's a lying murdering sociopath or anything, but because she gave crap advise to Hillary on how to address the email story. Neera Tanden and Podesta both shared frustrations about her, and it's probably true that she got Hillary in hot water in the past as well.

Anyways, I wonder how their group lunches are going these days now that everything is out in the open. Cheryl knows everyone hates her guts. Hillary knows a few of them are frustrated with her. Huma knows she's sublime and beyond reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom