• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
I hate trying to search for specific PoliGAF posts because there are so many of them, but let's just take a moment to remember those posters earlier this year and late last year who mocked those of us that called Donald Trump a fascist, white nationalist candidate..

Cyanity

Banned
Sorry I meant the terms were n/(2^(n+1))

Yes, I was aware, and the math checks out. Raise that to the -(n+1) power. you are left with n^-(n+1) in the numerator, and 2 in the denominator. You can separate constants from the sum, and are left with 1/2 sigma 1/n^(n+1). As n approaches infinity, the sum of 1/n^(n+1) = 0, so you are left with 1/2

I'm just an engineering undergrad though, so I'm probably wrong lol

I think the only other thing I need during this election is for Wikileaks to get truly desperate and post a completely fake email that blows up like the Associated Press tweet and watch them get caught in the process.

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/10/democrats-were-worried-about-rand-pauls
we don't want to marginalize the more extreme candidates, but make them more "Pied Piper" candidates who actually represent the mainstream of the Republican Party. Pied Piper candidates include, but aren't limited to:

• Ted Cruz

• Donald Trump

• Ben Carson

We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously. [sic, though the word "take" seems clearly implied between "to" and "them"]
more will need to be done on certain candidates to undermine their credibility among our coalition (communities of color, millennials, women) and independent voters. In this regard, the goal here would be to show that they are just the same as every other GOP candidate: extremely conservative on these issues....

• Rand Paul -- What to undermine: the idea he is a "different" kind of Republican; his stance on the military and his appeal to millennials and communities of color.
Marco Rubio, Scott Walker, Jeb Bush, Bobby Jindal, and Chris Christie were the other Republicans worrying the memo author.
Quite a reveal!

Let us all remember that John Wilkes Booth thought he would be lauded as a hero for killing Lincoln. He didn't understand why everyone hated him and why he wasn't praised for his heroism.

Booth has simply carried out what ... secession politicians and journalists have been for years expressing in words ... who have denounced the President as a "tyrant," a "despot," a "usurper," hinted at, and virtually recommended. --San Francisco Chronicle

It only takes one deluded person.

Cyanity

Banned
The only thing this country has going for itself right now is the sheer stupidity of Trump supporters. I bet the FBI has them so compromised it isn't even funny.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The way Trump talks about Mexico makes it sounds like a great place to immigrate to.
Well yeah. They take all our money from their great trade deals and send us the rapists and criminals. It's low poverty and crime! great taco bowls too.

wutwutwut

Actually I just need to divide it by the total number of kids born, which is the sum of (n+1)/(2^(n+1)) from 0 to infinity = 2. So the answer is actually just half.

shiba5

The only thing this country has going for itself right now is the sheer stupidity of Trump supporters. I bet the FBI has them so compromised it isn't even funny.

I worked for a different 3-letter agency, but I've been giving serious thought to applying to the FBI because I feel it's my civic duty to help protect the country from these people.

wutwutwut

Yes, I was aware, and the math checks out. Raise that to the -(n+1) power. you are left with n^-(n+1) in the numerator, and 2 in the denominator. You can separate constants from the sum, and are left with 1/2 sigma 1/n^(n+1). As n approaches infinity, the sum of 1/n^(n+1) = 0, so you are left with 1/2

I'm just an engineering undergrad though, so I'm probably wrong lol
I don't think you can raise each term to a power separately like that. They changes the progression.

The overall answer (ratio of two sums of sequences) does appear to be 1/2 though. That's a little counter intuitive.

Cyanity

Banned
It's becoming quite apparent just how much of a nothingburger these Podesta emails are. I wonder if the media will keep pretending that they are actually serious, or if they'll wake up from their Trump-induced stupor and start denouncing wikileaks?

speaking of the leaks, i'm gonna post this without any comment aside from "wow, this sure sounds like someone with bad judgment"

Cu0-Oe6VIAAhwqk.jpg

PBY

Banned
Random q

Assuming myself, middle aged dude, wanted to be Hill for Halloween - there's no gender appropriation type issue I'm overlooking right. That's cool? I'd be very sincere, no irony in this costume.

I don't mean to whistle past the graveyard but, I don't know. Which of these seems more plausible:

- Trump immediately moves to delegitimize the election and spends the next four years fomenting and feeding civil unrest and rebellion, the spearhead of a virulent populist movement, singularly focused and motivated for another shot at the Presidency in 2020

- After literally the biggest and grandest personal humiliation of his entire life and career, Trump fucks off for a while and then maintains he wasn't even trying to win, he never wanted to be President and occasionally tries floating the idea that he never actually ran.

Nobody except FOX has the slightest obligation to cover him after Nov. 8th, except to report on his upcoming university fraud case, sexual assault case(s), tax evasion case, foundation fraud case, ad nauseum.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I hate trying to search for specific PoliGAF posts because there are so many of them, but let's just take a moment to remember those posters earlier this year and late last year who mocked those of us that called Donald Trump a fascist, white nationalist candidate..

I find the shitposters that keep going "You call everyone a nazi!" pretty weird since this is literally the most unbashed racism that's been seen in America for decades. This isn't some cute thing to laugh off.

shiba5

Random q

Assuming myself, middle aged dude, wanted to be Hill for Halloween - there's no gender appropriation type issue I'm overlooking right. That's cool? I'd be very sincere, no irony in this costume.

Oh god, now I'm afraid I'll get trick-or-treaters dressed up like Trump.

Salvadora

Realistically, how could there not be violence?

Clinton has been portrayed as the (literal) devil and entire political system has de-legitimised to these people - and her election the office of President will only confirm that.

It would shock me more if there wasn't, sadly.

Random q

I think, when it comes to costumes, just about anything is okay as long as it's done sincerely. It's only when people dress as things ironically or in jest that questions of insensitivity arise.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't mean to whistle past the graveyard but, I don't know. Which of these seems more plausible:

- Trump immediately moves to delegitimize the election and spends the next four years fomenting and feeding civil unrest and rebellion, the spearhead of a virulent populist movement, singularly focused and motivated for another shot at the Presidency in 2020

- After literally the biggest and grandest personal humiliation of his entire life and career, Trump fucks off for a while and then maintains he wasn't even trying to win, he never wanted to be President and occasionally tries floating the idea that he never actually ran.

Nobody except FOX has the slightest obligation to cover him after Nov. 8th, except to report on his upcoming university fraud case, sexual assault case(s), tax evasion case, foundation fraud case, ad nauseum.
Preeetttty sure this is just PoliGAF liberals clutching their pearls again about shit he's been saying since August.

His supporters are mostly rich white people. They're not going to commit to political violence. The suggestion is insane. His "downtrodden" supporters will go back to doing meth.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Preeetttty sure this is just PoliGAF liberals clutching their pearls again about shit he's been saying since August.

His supporters are mostly rich white people. They're not going to commit to political violence. The suggestion is insane. His "downtrodden" supporters will go back to doing meth.

Are we going to ignore the violence at his own rallies then?

basically, this

there's probably gonna be a number of lone wolves inspired as a result of his rhetoric, but there's not really gonna be anything on a systematic scale

think of militia rhetoric in the '90s, amp that up an order of magnitude, and you've got this situation

Some political violence occurring after Trump's loss is a fair concern after three Trump supporters were just arrested for planning a major terror attack against Muslim Americans.

The FBI is good at catching right-wing terrorist organizations before they do stuff and most of Trump's supporters are not physically fit at all so a major insurrection like the Taliban is unlikely, but I would expect some terror attacks in November and December from Nazis.

Christian

Fingers crossed that the continued, attempted de-legitimization of the system by these knuckleheads keeps the right home forever. Since, ya know, they have absolutely NO CHANCE of winning. It's all rigged!

basically, this

there's probably gonna be a number of lone wolves inspired as a result of his rhetoric, but there's not really gonna be anything on a systematic scale

think of militia rhetoric in the '90s, amp that up an order of magnitude, and you've got this situation

So we'll get two or three successful bombings of federal buildings instead of just one? Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better

rjinaz

I'm printing out a paper Trump mask and wearing that. That's it. Not sure there is anything to dress as that would be much scarier, especially to women.

So we'll get two or three successful bombings of federal buildings instead of just one? Well, that makes me feel a whole lot better

well, closer to ten. we're talking about orders of magnitude here!

it's still gonna be fucking terrible, don't get me wrong

it just won't be this society-ending series of events that people ITT seem to be working themselves into a tizzy over

I got 4 hours of zero politics at the oldest's b-day party. Nothing but screaming kids hyped up on sugar, Chuck E Cheese and candy.

Which is kind of like a Trump rally if we replace "sugar" with "racism," "Chuck E Cheese" with misogyny and "candy" with cocaine (or maybe meth?)

Bowdz

Hillary should put Trump on notice during the debate by bringing up the fact that he threatened to sue, and said we was suing, the NYT but hasn't followed through with it. Tie it to his waffling in Mexico on the wall and basically call him a coward for not following through on things.

Get under his skin.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Random q

I think that as long you as avoid reproducing stereotypes that effect transwomen, you're fine.

Are we going to ignore the violence at his own rallies then?

Thugs have punched protesters before and thugs will continue to punch protesters in the future.

Any violence associated with this is reprehensible. And no, I would never guarantee that no asshole or group of assholes somewhere won't try something. But I think we're talking about some long-term, organized domestic right-wing Trump terrorist movement here, which, just nah.

Iolo

it's still gonna be fucking terrible, don't get me wrong

it just won't be this society-ending series of events that people ITT seem to be working themselves into a tizzy over

Maybe, but our democracy and peaceful transition of power depends on the willingness of the people to accept the results and work within the system. Calls of "rigged" undermine our very foundation. I'm less worried about violence than with America continuing to work.

spunodi

Actually I just need to divide it by the total number of kids born, which is the sum of (n+1)/(2^(n+1)) from 0 to infinity = 2. So the answer is actually just half.

This is totally OT but what particular math thing are you describing so I can look it up? I'm intrigued.

All these leaks are just further confirming why I love hillary.

I was an idealist when I first voted for Obama but these years have taught me realism and the value of incrimentialism/pragmatism. Clinton embodies this.

She's gonna be really really good

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe, but our democracy and peaceful transition of power depends on the willingness of the people to accept the results and work within the system. Calls of "rigged" undermine our very foundation. I'm less worried about violence than with America continuing to work.

My preference would be for the alt right to withdraw from the system (or to continue to attack it while not participating in it). The problem is that they've actually channeled their insanity into voting. That's why America stopped working.

I'd love it if these people just said burn it all down and went away forever.

All these leaks are just further confirming why I love hillary.

I was an idealist when I first voted for Obama but these years have taught me realism and the value of incrimentialism/pragmatism. Clinton embodies this.

She's gonna be really really good
I was 100% pro-Obama in 08. Part of me wants to know what would've happened in a Clinton-Obama presidency. Arguably Obamas inexperience hurt him the first few months of his presidency

Ironically, our democracy would probably start working better if these people stopped working within the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom