• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my early mail-in ballot today.

+ 1 For the Queen and the democratic party here in Arizona. I'd love to see this shit state turn blue.

Saw another Wikileaks dump on Hillary's speeches rise to the top of CNN's website and almost pooped a little. But reading the excerpts, it's... nothing? Like I struggle to see how any somewhat reasonable person could take offense to anything there. She cautions Wall Street to be more civic minded and laments that we couldn't swing a better working relationship with Russia back during the "reset." There's nothing even remotely controversial there, but it's going to be played up to something equal in scope to Donald's misdeeds, isn't it?
Saw the article, read through it, and guess what it says near the end

Comments largely in line with public positions

Clinton collected at least $1.8 million for at least eight speeches to big banks, according to figures released by Clinton's campaign and tax documents she released earlier this year.

And while the transcripts show a more blunt, less reserved Clinton, much of what the former secretary of state said to Goldman Sachs and other groups appear generally in line with some of what she has said publicly.

In another 2013 speech, Clinton dismissed the idea that President Barack Obama would have been able to accomplish more if he had schmoozed with Republicans in Congress more often.

"I know that he spent a lot of time early on in the first term with the Republicans in trying, as you recall ... it turned out that the Republicans' side, particularly in the House, couldn't deliver," she said.

chefbags

Great tweet re: debates

fwHkrFq.png

The debate format has run its course. Time for something useful to take its place. I'm not sold on three hours but one hour each would be an experiment I'd like to see.

I approve of this. Better than the shit show we see from Trump that takes away time from the issues.

Pyrokai

Football is dumb. Went to a housewarming party and everyone watching the Wisconsin/Ohio State game. I don't usually care or even know who Wisconsin plays each week, but at the least, I hope Wisconsin wins because of the stupid insistence of people to refer to Ohio State as The Ohio State. The fuck out of here with that shit.

Omg I'm so there with you. And I live in Columbus!!! It drives me crazy. Like I know it's the name of the school but fuck off. It sounds awful and conceited. I'm also at a gay bar to try to escape the obsession but even they have the game on. No music. Wtf?! Bitch, I went here to escape this!

Can't wait for it to end. Ruining my Saturday. Usually these are during the day.....

Anyway, for for Hillary yaaaaaay

Revolver

Saw another Wikileaks dump on Hillary's speeches rise to the top of CNN's website and almost pooped a little. But reading the excerpts, it's... nothing? Like I struggle to see how any somewhat reasonable person could take offense to anything there. She cautions Wall Street to be more civic minded and laments that we couldn't swing a better working relationship with Russia back during the "reset." There's nothing even remotely controversial there, but it's going to be played up to something equal in scope to Donald's misdeeds, isn't it?

I heard someone on CNN this evening saying that in a normal election year these leaks would be campaign ending, but since Trump is blocking out the sun people aren't paying attention. I haven't read everything in the leaks but from what I have read I don't see how any of this would be a death blow to a campaign.

Totakeke

fwHkrFq.png

The debate format has run its course. Time for something useful to take its place. I'm not sold on three hours but one hour each would be an experiment I'd like to see.

But debates are not for "elites". It's for the common denominator to get "informed" about the political candidates that they are eligible to choose from.

Watching last nights real time. Ugh, didn't realize Andrew Sullivan had such a hate boner for illegal immigrants. Really surprised he's not for Trump since he's on exactly the same page as Ann Coulter. Bernie actually did a good job shutting that British asshole up on multiple things.

"Paying lower prices for drugs will stifle innovation"
"We need to do enforcement first on immigration"

This guy needs to go away for a couple of years again.
Andrew Sullivan helped kill clintoncare and promoted eugenics and your surprised he hates immigrants?

I heard someone on CNN this evening saying that in a normal election year these leaks would be campaign ending, but since Trump is blocking out the sun people aren't paying attention. I haven't read everything in the leaks but from what I have read I don't see how any of this would be a death blow to a campaign.

Who the fuck said that?

But debates are not for "elites". It's for the common denominator to get "informed" about the political candidates that they are eligible to choose from.

Yeah, that's a silly idea for the debates. Either do something in the oxford style with like 20 minutes a topic, or just treat them as joint press conferences like they are and give the candidates the questions ahead of time so they can give however detailed a response they want to for their allotted times.

Eusis

fwHkrFq.png

Kind of expect that the Clinton one would be mostly sensible, probably educational for her as well, and with valid options even if they may not be options we agree with.

Donald Trump would be comedy hour.

Protein

Banned
What happened with that giant list of "here's all the reasons Trump's awful" links? I want to post it on Facebook so my mom's boyfriend will stop posting pro-Trump links to my timeline.
Search my posting history. It's complete for the most part but I might make an ot after the third debate.

HylianTom

Banned
I loved Hillary's answer to the "what do you like about Trump?" question.

"He's so generous..
I mean, he gifted me the election last Friday.
"

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
i would favor the a 2 hour grilling interview so I don't have to see Trump be a creepy invasive fuck to Hillary.

It's kinda logical, do any other countries do something similar?

i would favor the a 2 hour grilling interview so I don't have to see Trump be a creepy invasive fuck to Hillary.

It also takes away your crutch of attacking the opponent. Sure, you can technically still do it, but it's going to be a lot more desperate than a debate where part of the appeal is to be a bit combative.

Cyanity

Banned
Trump's fruit hangs the lowest. He's got the lowest hanging - I mean, have you seen his fruit? No but you'll see it, it's low. His fruit hangs low. It wobbles to and fro. Believe me. We're gonna make fruit great again.

Debirudog

It also takes away your crutch of attacking the opponent. Sure, you can technically still do it, but it's going to be a lot more desperate than a debate where part of the appeal is to be a bit combative.

That's definitely what emboldens Trump to be such an ass, especially when he has his deplorables to back him up. Unfortunately, people enjoy seeing two candidates being combative to one another.

Pixieking

Banned
Washington Post-ABC News poll: Clinton holds four-point lead in aftermath of Trump tape
Nearly 7 in 10 respondents believe Trump probably made unwanted sexual advances, and a majority say his apology for boasts about forcing himself on women on a hot-mic videotape was insincere. Nonetheless, the controversy appeared to have had only a minimal impact on his overall support.

Shocking! Trump's base don't give a flying monkeys about his predatory behaviour. I think this is why he keeps on referring to it as "locker room talk" - for his base, it looks macho and take charge. Because god knows they don't know or care what a woman thinks or says.

johnsmith

remember me
Andrew Sullivan helped kill clintoncare and promoted eugenics and your surprised he hates immigrants?
I had no idea he existed in the 90s or had any sort of influence in the pre-internet age.

... Yeah. Just read up on his past stuff. Gross. I guess now that marriage equality isn't the only thing he talks about he's back to being a racist asshole.

Bowdz

Washington Post-ABC News poll: Clinton holds four-point lead in aftermath of Trump tape

Shocking! Trump's base don't give a flying monkeys about his predatory behaviour. I think this is why he keeps on referring to it as "locker room talk" - for his base, it looks macho and take charge. Because god knows they don't know or care what a woman thinks or says.

Which is why if the Clinton campaign has really damaging oppo that can utterly destroy Trump, they need to drop it at some point before the election.

Cerium

You want to know the truth? I don't think Hillary has any more nuclear bombs. I don't even think the Access Hollywood tape was her doing. I think that was entirely organic and happened the way they said it happened. If anything else drops it'll be from the media feeding frenzy and probably not the direct hand of Hillary.

NeoXChaos

You want to know the truth? I don't think Hillary has any more nuclear bombs. I don't even think the Access Hollywood tape was her doing. I think that was entirely organic and happened the way they said it happened. If anything else drops it'll be from the media feeding frenzy and probably not the direct hand of Hillary.

yeah well we will find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom