• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Pence: Smallest US Navy since 1916.

200_s.gif

Idiot.

HylianTom

Banned
Realistically yes. But also keep in mind that they'd be dealing with a totally different Clinton.

One thing I'll be curious about regarding 2020:
Her approval numbers are pretty solid when she's holding a position.
But those numbers drop when she's pursuing an elected office.

Hillary seeking re-election could test which phenomenon is stronger.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wouldn't make sense to release more oppo now. Better to wait until after the debate so there's no way for Trump to shift the conversation.

I wouldn't bet on anything coming out until after the debate. Remember, the Access Hollywood tape wasn't a Clinton dump.

Eh, to be fair, if it hits tomorrow or Tuesday, it almost guarantees he gets asked about it at the debate. I think that might be a wise move if the Hillary campaign has it.

I just don't even know what it could be right now.

Recent tax returns and n-word tape are what have been hinted. N-word tape would obviously be seriously damaging to all but his base. Tax returns could be seriously damaging because of either A) lack of charitable giving or B) who he actually gave money to.

royalan

I absolutely believe the Clinton campaign has more oppo. Oppo is behind-the-scenes type shit, and if there's one thing the campaign has been masterful at, it's the behind-the-scenes grind of a campaign. And Hilldawg said last week that the campaign was planning for a final two-week blitz after the final debate. They're going to have something to keep Donald distracted.

And hell, if they didn't have more oppo, after last week they sure know where to find some.

Diablos

I absolutely believe the Clinton campaign has more oppo. Oppo is behind-the-scenes type shit, and if there's one thing the campaign has been masterful at, it's the behind-the-scenes grind of a campaign. And Hilldawg said last week that the campaign was planning for a final two-week blitz after the final debate. They're going to have something to keep Donald distracted.

And hell, if they didn't have more oppo, after last week they sure know where to find some.
House Democrats.

We all need to donate to crucial House races. I know Aaron Strife can list them off.

Boke1879

Eh, to be fair, if it hits tomorrow or Tuesday, it almost guarantees he gets asked about it at the debate. I think that might be a wise move if the Hillary campaign has it.

Recent tax returns and n-word tape are what have been hinted. N-word tape would obviously be seriously damaging to all but his base. Tax returns could be seriously damaging because of either A) lack of charitable giving or B) who he actually gave money to.

Yea we have journalists digging through the tax stuff and it clearly shows Donald doesn't give as much to charities as he claims. I'm more interested in who he's given money to.

Also what state was that Donald pulled resources from? PA or VA?

Boke1879

I feel like the tax stuff is boring now and Trump has basically already admitting to not paying the taxes.

I'll admit it wont have the same "shock" value but it should still be reported. You're right he already admitted to not paying taxes, but there could also be more. Who he paid money to etc

Yea we have journalists digging through the tax stuff and it clearly shows Donald doesn't give as much to charities as he claims. I'm more interested in who he's given money to.

Also what state was that Donald pulled resources from? PA or VA?

VA. I don't think he has any path at all if he loses PA too.

I'll admit it wont have the same "shock" value but it should still be reported. You're right he already admitted to not paying taxes, but there could also be more. Who he paid money to etc

Agreed, I think the only thing that can make his tax returns more shocking is if it somehow confirmed speculation he owed a ton of money to Russian investors.

Diablos

I feel like the tax stuff is boring now and Trump has basically already admitting to not paying the taxes.
I think Republicans have turned into the things they hated and then some. Clinton had his issues with women but Trump is profoundly worse. But they have proven this election cycle that they don't own the morality soapbox anymore. Desperate pathetic swine.

That's why nothing matters. Short of murdering someone they won't give up on him.

I think Republicans have turned into the things they hated and then some. Clinton had his issues with women but Trump is profoundly worse. But they have proven this election cycle that they don't own the morality soapbox anymore. Desperate pathetic swine.

That's why nothing matters. Short of murdering someone they won't give up on him.

In order to take the house a significant number of Republicans to either vote Clinton or stay home. I think an n word tape is the only thing that can drive the 2nd. White people seem to at least be able to admit that the n word amounts to racism.

Hopfrog

Newt on ABC talking about the election being rigged by the establishment.

Damn, this conspiracy is so wide-ranging they even had Trump assault all of these women for years in order to rig the election against himself.

kess

"It's a good thing we are not electing a husband or boyfriend"

I don't know what kind of Trump defense that is.

I love how this comes after almost a decade of Moral Majority and Tea Party types equating government functions to a family

Wag

I watched Frontline: The Choice online last night. I highly recommend it to anyone voting this year. Great stuff.

I'm feeling optimistic today.

New oppo hopefully coming out, another debate, Hillary with a firm lead, final few days at my unpleasant job, Battlefield 1 and Skyrim Remastered dropping and a new Red Dead getting announced...this is gonna be a good week.

I love how this comes after almost a decade of Moral Majority and Tea Party types equating government functions to a family

Yeah, I don't want to hear about Republicans being the party of morals after this election. The majority of the party has spent a year doing non-stop defense for one of the most blatantly morally bankrupt people to run for office, which is saying something considering that we've had slave owners as presidents.

Retro

Future Headlines: (GoT spoilers, I guess)
Tiffany Trump burned at stake to appease Lord of Light, Trump: "she was never my favorite."

Trump's chance for victory ended by blonde woman everyone always jokes is actually a man.

Trump appoints Jon Snow as new manager. Trump; "Smart guy, tremendous smarts. He knows everything, back to front, believe me, just ask him."

Something Something Something wall, something something, make the White Scott Walkers pay for it.​

Pyrokai

Oh wow, I had no idea the entire Goldman Sachs speeches leaked.

Doesn't seem like there was anything bad. Am I wrong? Serious answers seeking :p

Grief.exe

Doesn't seem like there was anything bad. Am I wrong? Serious answers seeking :p

Right Wing media is making hay about her talks about open borders and socialized medicine, but this won't really change opinions of her from either side of the aisle.

thebloo

Are you a realist that thinks the financial sector is important and needs thought out regulations written by people that understand it? Then yes, you are correct.

If you want to break up the banks or whatever else in that vein...

The yougov battleground tracker has been extremely close for months, even during the convention bounce, and includes the redder states like AZ and GA. It's now showing a 6 point lead. 6 points in just battlegrounds is pretty nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom