• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This "HillaryGropedMe" hashtag may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen trending on Twitter. Just beyond idiotic.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Right Wing media is making hay about her talks about open borders and socialized medicine, but this won't really change opinions of her from either side of the aisle.

You bet Chris Wallace will be bringing up Hillarys speeches on open boarders. No way he doesn't.

Things I would not be surprised to see before the end of the election:

A tape of Trump hitting on an underage girl.

Middle aged white women defending him by wearing shirts that say things like...

"Tell me if my daughter's sexy Trump!" And "Be my son in law in 10 years Trump!"

Two House polls coming from SurveryUSA for KSTP ABC affiliate in MN-2 and MN-3 today and tomorrow. Forgot which is releasing when. Just rewatched where I got the info as it is online.

Sunday(tonight) 10PM
MN-3
Bonoff(D) vs Paulsen(R-Inc).

Monday 10PM
MN-2(Klein Retiring Republican)
Craig(D) vs Lewis(R).

Wait.

Trump's nickname for Bill Clinton is "Wild Bill"?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

tumblr_inline_n1id01UIXg1r1emlm.gif

Dem pollster/strategist
Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 27m27 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
1/ Few thoughts on remaining weeks of this race. First, Clinton is ahead. By a lot, in both popular vote and electoral college.

Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 27m27 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
2/ Dem strategy is partially at fault for the current wide gap between Clinton lead and downballot Dems.

Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 26m26 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
3/ For much of the race, Dems avoided tying downballot GOP to Trump. Research showed it was ineffective, wasn't helping full slate.

Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 25m25 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
4/ I think that calculus has changed. Clinton is so far ahead that her place on ballot is secured, need to use her strength to lift ticket.

Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 24m24 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
5/ Case needs to be made that it's not enough for Trump to lose, that GOP deserves blame for enabling his rise.

6/ Good news: clear the downballot calculus has shifted - it's why every Dem senate campaign came out this week with ad tying Trump to GOP.

7/ Tools in place for Dems: coordinated campaign is huge asset, and it's clear Clinton doing stronger job lately making case for Dem slate.

Matt McDermott ‏@mattmfm 23m23 minutes ago Raleigh, NC
8/ Bottom line: Clinton win all but secured, remaining weeks about further growing that margin and tethering downballot GOP to sinking ship.

Stannis slander will not be tolerated.

God I hate the show's portrayal of him (although the actor was great).
Dont know about the books, but Stannis was absolutely amazing in the first few seasons. After he arrived to Castle Black is when things went to shit. All throughout the show he is shown as a tactical, persevering, unfazed, cold and stoic leader. Then he becomes a LEEEROYYYY JEEENKINNNS at the end. That was incredibly jarring.

I loved the character. Stannis The Mannis. Wish the stupidity did not happen.

kadotsu

Banned
The CNN interview with Maher had one very true quote IMO regarding the scrutiny HRC gets:

(Paraphrasing) Hilary is like the black driver in a white neighborhood and the GOP are the cops. They keep pulling her over but they have to let her go every time.

Revolver

Why is Tapper just letting Giuliani go on and on and on about how he knows from experience that Democrats in inner cities rig elections? CHALLENGE THAT SHIT

CNN is worthless. Turning back to MSNBC.

I had to turn that shit off. Giuliani just sat there spewing out racist conspiracy theories and Tapper barely pushed back. He's usually better than that.

He did have one good moment when Rudy was going on about the witness that disputed the plane story, "The former pimp guy?"

Cyanity

Banned
The CNN interview with Maher had one very true quote IMO regarding the scrutiny HRC gets:

(Paraphrasing) Hilary is like the black driver in a white neighborhood and the GOP are the cops. They keep pulling her over but they have to let her go every time.

This is perfect

rjinaz

WRONG.

:p

(I watched the first season. I didn't like it.)

You're not alone. Too dark for my tastes.

That said, I still watch it because I like the fantasy tv genre. Buuut, I end up fastforwarding through a lot of it. I think I mostly watch it because I do like a couple of characters anyway.

Dont know about the books, but Stannis was absolutely amazing in the first few seasons. After he arrived to Castle Black is when things went to shit. All throughout the show he is shown as a tactical, persevering, unfazed, cold and stoic leader. Then he becomes a LEEEROYYYY JEEENKINNNS at the end. That was incredibly jarring.

I loved the character. Stannis The Mannis. Wish the stupidity did not happen.
He was burning relatives at the stake and enabling Melisandre's black magic to assassinate his brother. He was pretty ruthless in doing anything to achieve power. Davos was a good check on him for a while, but even he couldn't do much to stop Stannis from being something of a giant douche. Great actor though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Clinton win all but secured until Wikileaks releases the transcripts of her telling Ben Ghazi to die...

I think I'm going to cry when they announce she has been elected president...

If the Clinton campaign knew about the tape for a while and has even more devastating oppo I'm very confused as to why it was their idea from the beginning to not link Trump to downballot Republicans. It's fine to try and court moderate Republicans but if you don't link the opponents to him why would they ever leave their own party. The 2006 wave came from tying Republicans to the disaster that was the Bush administration.

He was burning relatives at the stake and enabling Melisandre's black magic to assassinate his brother. He was pretty ruthless in doing anything to achieve power. Davos was a good check on him for a while, but even he couldn't do much to stop Stannis from being something of a giant douche. Great actor though.
I agree. But all that burning heretics at the stake for the Lord of Fire stuff was done for a reason. Yes, he was after power. He sacrificed everything. But to go marching to Winterfell with no army was completely unbecoming of this calculating man.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If the Clinton campaign knew about the tape for a while and has even more devastating oppo I'm very confused as to why it was their idea from the beginning to not link Trump to downballot Republicans

I still think it's a bad idea. The deplorables have shown they like the contents of the tape.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Watched that little fucking toad Newt Gingrich this morning talking about how there are two Trumps. Little Trump is "stupid" and "big Trump" is some sort of important movement. He also said the election was rigged, they cut to footage of people threatening to assassinate Clinton, and Paul Ryan's scolding reminder that America is not crooked - and he literally switched from "There was a guy in CA who voted 24 years after his death!" to "The election is only rigged at the institutional level, not the ballot box."

You miserable little sack of rodent feces.

Holmes

Clinton win all but secured until Wikileaks releases the transcripts of her telling Ben Ghazi to die...

I think I'm gonna run screaming up and down the street, get no sleep that night and regret everything at work the next day.

I still think it's a bad idea. The deplorables have shown they like the contents of the tape.

But the deplorables aren't enough by themselves to do anything. And you aren't going to be able to depress their vote. I guess there will be a good retrospective after the election but it doesn't seem like the original strategy worked very well.

If the Clinton campaign knew about the tape for a while and has even more devastating oppo I'm very confused as to why it was their idea from the beginning to not link Trump to downballot Republicans

Because places like the Senate still run in collegiality. They didn't want to burn bridges they may need to cross to get cloture on SCOTUS nominations, for instance.

The internals I am sure show short coat-tails, but I don't see a huge jump in ticket-splitting, reversing recent trends. That paradox leads me to believe that polls are missing marginal voters that may put a not-insignificant number of House seats in play.

If the Clinton campaign knew about the tape for a while and has even more devastating oppo I'm very confused as to why it was their idea from the beginning to not link Trump to downballot Republicans. It's fine to try and court moderate Republicans but if you don't link the opponents to him why would they ever leave their own party. The 2006 wave came from tying Republicans to the disaster that was the Bush administration.
I don't think that the campaign knew about the tape.

Even in the case of Machado, that information was out in the public sphere for months prior to the first debate.

I somehow doubt they have a bunch of info and have decided to hold it for strategic purposes.

Things I would not be surprised to see before the end of the election:

A tape of Trump hitting on an underage girl.

Middle aged white women defending him by wearing shirts that say things like...

"Tell me if my daughter's sexy Trump!" And "Be my son in law in 10 years Trump!"
The other day I tried betting my friends $10 to their $100 that there would specifically be evidence showing Trump donated to NAMBLA that would come out before the election. No takers! That would've been an easy $10 for them!

Paches

Same reaction when they announce Trump as next pres?

Totakeke

But the deplorables aren't enough by themselves to do anything. And you aren't going to be able to depress their vote. I guess there will be a good retrospective after the election but it doesn't seem like the original strategy worked very well.

The fact that some Republicans had to re-endorse Trump show that they have more to gain than lose by associating themselves with the deplorables.

Boke1879

Well after the tape it seems this is an easy strategy to do now. Now that we see the GOP is still tied to Trump it'll be interesting to see how damaging future oppo is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom