• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it another ten years and Virginia will be as blue as Delaware and Maryland. I hope North Carolina and Georgia aren't too behind.

Georgia wasn't even supposed to be a possibility until 2020, IMO. The fact that we're talking about it this election is insane.

I ultimately think she'll lose Georgia, but if the margin is like, 1-2%, yeesh. It's probably going to be Trump's second largest electoral win after Texas and it's on the edge of going blue.

Grief.exe

New York should apologize for gifting us with Giuliani.

Hey, we gave the country two of it's best presidents. We deserve a mulligan, Texas on the other hand has no excuse for Cruz.

It would actually be interesting to have an inforgraphic sorted by states with each President they have produced, then compare that with how many jobs, percentage GDP they have added/subtracted from the US economy.

Loxley

tNNCw36.png

Man I completely forgot about this dude, along with half of the other Republicans from the primaries.

Should Hillary's team release the next tape before the debate to try to get Trump to melt down during the debate or after so that news coverage can't be taken off the next tape?

So I decided to visit hillaryis44.org out of some sick curiosity, as I remember it was one of the nastiest Pro-Hillary and anti-Obama site from 8 years ago, which was pushing and peddling every conspiracy theory at the time. I asked myself, could such a nasty site actually be FOR the right choice this time? Predictably, the answer is no, and the site is now a pro-Trump such in such a pathetic and deep twist of irony. Just goes to show that for a large number of people, hatred is the only common thread about which candidate they support, and have literally fuck all to do with a single real issue. They never gave a fuck about Hillary the 1st time, it was just a convenient way to shit on Obama.

kadotsu

Banned
Should Hillary's team release the next tape before the debate to try to get Trump to melt down during the debate or after so that news coverage can't be taken off the next tape?

She should do nothing that creates a WWE-like atmosphere when it comes to the Fox News led debate. Make it the most boring it can be, then hit hard after to have the last word before the election. (The real battle right now is the Senate anyways)

NeoXChaos

World-Herald presidential endorsements

1932: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Democrat

1936: Alf Landon, Republican

1940: Wendell Wilkie, Republican

1944: Thomas Dewey, Republican

1948: Thomas Dewey, Republican

1952: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Republican

1956: Dwight D. Eisenhower, Republican

1960: Richard Nixon, Republican

1964: No endorsement

1968: Richard Nixon, Republican

1972: Richard Nixon, Republican

1976: Gerald Ford, Republican

1980: Ronald Reagan, Republican

1984: Ronald Reagan, Republican

1988: George H.W. Bush, Republican

1992: George H.W. Bush, Republican

1996: Bob Dole, Republican

2000: George W. Bush, Republican

2004: George W. Bush, Republican

2008: John McCain, Republican

2012: Mitt Romney, Republican

2016: Hillary Clinton, Democrat

wow

Teggy

Someone firebombed a Republican hq in NC, which is terrible.

However, given what happened last time someone claimed to be attacked by democrats, I am not making any assumptions about the culprits.

Bowdz

Those more knowledgeable than me can correct me, but if the Clinton campaign are the ones sitting on a pile of oppo, then they need to release it through the media to help keep their hands "clean". By doing so, I doubt they can time a release so precisely (unless it is something akin to Machado). We know that NBC sat on the Access Hollywood tape for a week (and might have done so for longer if WaPo didn't also "stumble" onto a copy) after it came to their attention.

It looks like most polls conducted pre/post debate showed a considerable stemming of the damage to Trump polls with Republicans largely because of his debate performance. I'd say complete the debate and try to bait Trump into going down some rabbit hole again and then start feeding any additional oppo to the media. Don't let Trump have another opportunity to rebound from any more damaging revelations. Don't give him a chance to rally the base around him.

The way to maximize Clinton's margin of victory, take most Senate seats, and possibly take the House is to bring home some Sanders supporters who are leaning 3rd party and to depress moderate Republican turnout (with the added bonus of further escalating the GOP civil war). I think the first can be achieved with a solid debate performance, strong surrogate performances, and their GOTV effort while the second can best be achieved by a late revelation that causes similar panic to the Access Hollywood tape.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
have NC Republicans been heavily backing Trump, or trying to distance themselves? I could totally see one of Trump's disciples doing it out of some insult to Trump.

dramatis

However, given what happened last time someone claimed to be attacked by democrats, I am not making any assumptions about the culprits.
To be frank, if Trump keeps his rhetoric up about Republicans, I wouldn't be surprised if they became victims too.

With Republicans it probably is a bit more personal, because the Dems are the enemies, but the Republicans are traitors.

Diablos

Honestly I am more inclined to guess that it's a crazy group of Trumpkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom