• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Primary voters are more politically engaged than the general electorate though.

Still, she's likable enough.

2016-09-27-1474979668-6880086-Pantojahuffpo092716fig3.png

That's what I keep coming back to. I think that Virginia was always going to be Hillary's best swing state because of its Establishment Demographics, but it's still wild to think about how fast it's swung.

NOVA coincidentally had a lot of growth over the past decade. It's one of the fastest growing regions and it's also not some small podunk metro area in the middle of nowhere that tend to top these 'fastest growing areas' list.

http://statchatva.org/2016/01/27/po...s-reversing-decades-old-trend-estimates-show/

That ad could have been a lot better, felt kind of lazy.

Should have gone:

Jones: "I think she's going to show up to the debate on drugs."
Trump: "We should have a drug test before the next debate."

To provide actual proof that Trump is listening to and parroting Alex Jones.

Trump has taken this "Hillary took coke before the second debate" conspiracy from Alex Jones so it's a good idea for an ad, but they didn't do it that well.

Piecake

Someone firebombed a Republican hq in NC, which is terrible.

However, given what happened last time someone claimed to be attacked by democrats, I am not making any assumptions about the culprits.

Well, considering that it was a Republican HQ and not a Trump HQ, and that Trump has been stoking hatred against mainstream Republicans, I'd actually put money on it being a Trump supporter than a democrat. I woudln't be surprised if it was a democrat though.

Boke1879

Well, considering that it was a Republican HQ and not a Trump HQ, and that Trump has been stoking hatred against mainstream Republicans, I'd actually put money on it being a Trump supporter than a democrat. I woudln't be surprised if it was a democrat though.

Yea we don't know and I"m not going to theorize, but I will say. There is one presidential candidate who's words inspire this kinda of shit.

Gotchaye

Should have gone:

Trump has taken this "Hillary took coke before the second debate" conspiracy from Alex Jones so it's a good idea for an ad, but they didn't do it that well.

Yeah it really needed Trump's own words rather than just Trump saying nice things about Alex Jones.

That's what I keep coming back to. I think that Virginia was always going to be Hillary's best swing state because of its Establishment Demographics, but it's still wild to think about how fast it's swung.

What's also interesting is how GWB won New Mexico in 04 as well. It was less than a percent but still. Trump is down by 13 points there now lol.

Boke1879

Can we not veer into conspiracy here? Let's not speculate, especially about how our opponents are crazy/devious enough to self-arson their office. Disavow violence and move on.

To be fair that's what I was doing. We don't have any idea who did this.

smurfx

get some go again
oh i finally know where the thread title came from. thought somebody let adam come up with a bad title or something.

Vahagn

Should have gone:

I mean it could have been better done. But it shows him to be unhinged. That "Frigging frogs gay" thing where he looks completely unhinged is such a visually effective moment.

The drugs thing - eh, no one's taking that seriously.

What's also interesting is how GWB won New Mexico in 04 as well. It was less than a percent but still. Trump is down by 13 points there now lol.
It's not even a real swing state! And Colorado could be there too.

I'd honestly be pretty worried about this as a Republican heading into 2020.

Diablos

Can we not veer into conspiracy here? Let's not speculate, especially about how our opponents are crazy/devious enough to self-arson their office. Disavow violence and move on.
I'm so glad you said this before CNN was about to quote my post! Whew!

The mountain west is weird moving forward. That is the only area in the nation that will be more religious 30 years from now whereas everywhere else will be significantly less religious (without a lot of extra immigration).

Not sure how the GOP rebuilds their relationship with the LDS church while simultaneously trying to make their party more appealing to white atheist millennials (which has to be their top priority for the future).

He's voicing concern about baseless speculation. That's valid and constructive. He also did it in the most polite way possible.

This thread is filled with baseless speculation on many topics.

My post's speculation also isn't particularly baseless - we have numerous examples in this thread of Trump supporters threatening violence in other cases or to other parties.
If someone has an issue with the ideas in my posts, they can argue them with me or they can report me to a mod, and I have no problem with either of those things. On the other hand, I don't appreciate this type of policing, whether polite or impolite, and I think that I expressed that in the politest way possible.

Slime

Banned
oh my god

Hillary put out a new ad featuring Alex Jones that, yes, uses the "friggin frogs gay" quote.

This Is Incredible

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/787748100324503552

My brother listened to this guy briefly in the mid-00s (Bush era made a lot of well-meaning people temporarily insane, he's fine now), and the shit he spewed was amazing. My brother stopped listening when he went on a rant about how modern Jews are actually Turkic wizards who practice satanic magic from Babylon, or something.

I'm sure Hillary's camp could dig up even nuttier/more offensive stuff if they dug deeper. Nothing Alex Jones says is sane.

Next Monday, I'm going to a GOTV rally at a brewery here in Loudoun for our local Dems and VA10 rep.

Even though I'm by myself, I can't turn down a rally with beer.

If Cheeto is down to 29 in VA, then next step is we take out Comstock in VA10.

PKrockin

Let's leave the false flag theories to the conspiracy theorists. I'm comfortable with agreeing that this was probably done by some anti-Trump guy, condemning it, and noting that despite the fact that violence can happen on any side, Trump is the one who endorses violence and his supporters have a clear pattern of violence, whereas Clinton does not.

Trump is confusing the white women numbers with overall women and I'm honestly not sure he knows that non-white women count as women.

Finally, in the new ABC News/Washington Post Poll, Hillary Clinton is down 11 points with WOMEN VOTERS and the election is close at 47-43!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/787760670590791680

Trump is very mad that Paul Ryan says the election will be fair.

The Democrats have a corrupt political machine pushing crooked Hillary Clinton. We have Paul Ryan, always fighting the Republican nominee!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/787756849453989889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom