• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

So, the Project Veritas Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

I'm just 5 minutes in and it's really not that much. Some guys working for a company claiming to be paid by another company that's supposed to be paid by the DNC. And so far the claim is that they "get people into Trump rallies to get reactions".

I mean, ok, that's not a good thing. But 10+ people have been crashing Democratic rallies yelling "Bill is a rapist!" and not one of them got punched in the face.

Zukkoyaki

Personally, I feel very confident that putting 35% tariffs on Chinese goods would lead to a recession.
Yup. It should be common freaking sense that massive tariffs on major trade partners would be awful for the global economy. I also see that a common defense is that it would bring jobs back to the U.S. people are out of their minds if they think companies won't just move to the next cheaper option.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, the Project Veritas Video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY

I'm just 5 minutes in and it's really not that much. Some guys working for a company claiming to be paid by another company that's supposed to be paid by the DNC. And so far the claim is that they "get people into Trump rallies to get reactions".

I mean, ok, that's not a good thing. But 10+ people have been crashing Democratic rallies yelling "Bill is a rapist!" and not one of them got punched in the face.

Of course it's nothing, it's from James O'Keeffe! Even if it was something you couldn't trust it since it would be edited to hell and back to make it look bad because it's from James O'Keeffe!

thebloo

Of course it's nothing, it's from James O'Keeffe! Even if it was something you couldn't trust it since it would be edited to hell and back to make it look bad because it's from James O'Keeffe!

I know. But some people were curious and I'm bored, so I'm doing the "leg work". And I know the MO of these guys, but I'm taking it at face value for now. And it's still nothing!

Example: one of the plays of this organization would be to go to Trump rallies wearing Planned Parenthood t-shirts. That's it. That's enough to have someone blow a gasket.

Dierce

Yup. It should be common freaking sense that massive tariffs on major trade partners would be awful for the global economy. I also see that a common defense is that it would bring jobs back to the U.S. people are out of their minds if they think companies won't just move to the next cheaper option.

Not to mention they also want lax environmental regulations. Given the state of healthcare in this country, if the EPA gets decimated we are looking at devastating consequences but alas, the mutated human offspring will vote republican.

shiba5

I know. But some people were curious and I'm bored, so I'm doing the "leg work". And I know the MO of these guys, but I'm taking it at face value for now. And it's still nothing!

Example: one of the plays of this organization would be to go to Trump rallies wearing Planned Parenthood t-shirts. That's it. That's enough to have someone blow a gasket.

Hell, you can be a black person wearing a Trump t-shirt and they blow a gasket.

Barzul

So Melania Trump is going to be on AC360 tonight....hope he grills her on what she really thinks about all this stuff and not let her just give obviously prepared statements.

jmdajr

Is there any real science behind people lying about who they will vote for? "But when they get behind the curtain!"

I guess when that's all you got, that's what you roll with.

Hell, what about all the people not admitting voting for Hilldawg!

Boke1879

So Melania Trump is going to be on AC360 tonight....hope he grills her on what she really thinks about all this stuff and not let her just give obviously prepared statements.

I doubt he grills her TOO hard. But it'll be interesting to see how she responds to a question about the allegations. Does she say they are lying? this could open up a new can of worms but we'll see.

thebloo

The new 538 article on Trump and the economy is aggressively stupid.

So, one of the paragraphs says:
The risk is that by making confident predictions about inherently unpredictable outcomes, experts will erode their credibility even in areas where their forecasts are on sounder footing.
For a case study, look across the Atlantic, where economists made similarly dire predictions about what would happen if the U.K. voted to leave the European Union. Sure enough, markets tanked in the immediate aftermath of the “Brexit” vote. Since then, however, markets have rebounded, and the major British stock indexes are above their pre-Brexit levels. The British economy as a whole, meanwhile, has held up well since the vote; the unemployment rate actually fell in the first post-Brexit report, and other indicators have been similarly positive.

But the pound is still in the toilet. And that's usually bad for a first world country.

Vestal

I think this is a huge mistake on their part....

Bring it.

Meanwhile, in Mike Pence news

Dan Gallo ‏@dangallo 21 minutes ago Brookhaven, GA
Pence, who yesterday said he'd "absolutely accept" election outcome, is now getting closer to Trump rhetoric on a "rigged election."

Cu_Q7ZCVYAINNmM.jpg

Cu_Q96EUAAA708x.jpg

thebloo

She'll say something like this:
This is not something that we can ignore. It’s not something we can just sweep under the rug as just another disturbing footnote in a sad election season.
It is cruel. It’s frightening. And the truth is, it hurts. It hurts. It’s like that sick, sinking feeling you get when you’re walking down the street minding your own business and some guy yells out vulgar words about your body. Or when you see that guy at work that stands just a little too close, stares a little too long, and makes you feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

Dierce

Even by losing orange turd is causing unprecedented damage to this country and our democracy.

Putin must be very ecstatic when he hears his ignorant turd going around making absurd claims about American democracy when the same has been said, with proof, about his very own elections.

Pixieking

Banned
So, one of the paragraphs says:

But the pound is still in the toilet. And that's usually bad for a first world country.

Moronic. Using the first data available after the referendum to say Brexit isn't bad, when the real destruction will be noticed in the data from this past month (with Theresa May showing her hand), and when the country actually removes itself from the EU. The fact that today's news says the government is willing to consider paying money for Financial Passporting means its obvious the repercussions haven't yet been fully realised.

Anyone who simultaneously wants Anderson to go hard on Melania for Trump's actions but also thinks Trump bringing up Bill's accusers is wrong needs to evaluate a few priorities, I think.

She is not responsible for the actions of her husband. Spouses are off limits (with the exception of Bill for obvious reasons). It's a sign of how dire the situation is that the campaign is even putting her out there, but there is no reason to want or expect them to drag her.

When they go low, we go high.

Boke1879

Optics wise. Melania is just as much a victim in this situation. I mean it's clear Trump was cheating on her or had no problems doing so. Again she won't be grilled and she'll probably try to appeal and portray Donald as a man who respects women.

But Anderson most likely will ask her thoughts on these allegations. I have no clue how she will answer it. But it could bring everything back into the forefront again. Again I have no idea why the campaign is trotting her out here like this.

McCain's comment cements my feeling that the GOP will learn jack shit when they lose the election.

What's happening to Joe Heck in the NV senate shows why its going to be so hard for the GOP to return to normalcy. Any step away from the crazies and 10 - 20% of their support vanishes and the Republicans lose their down ballot dominance. This is the main reason why I think will have a much better chance of re-election that her popularity would indicate.

Dierce

McCain's comment cements my feeling that the GOP will learn jack shit when they lose the election.

They are not going to change for a number a reasons, but mainly because their base is filled with the most deplorable individuals in this country.

My fear is that they will come up with a candidate for the presidency with all the same ideas that orange clown has except with a working brain. We must be prepared for that eventuality, the republican establishment will in no way denounce nationalistic populism.

Chris R

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was on purpose.

It might be. Johnson is also not in the pamphlet.

They also moved offices and might have just not received their forwarded mail. Several people (including Murkowski) have dropped their state party posts because of Trump. Lots of infighting in the party, with half the people not wanting to support Murkowski this election and voting for the "Libertarian" (aka Tea Party) candidate Joe Miller. No idea why 538 hasn't updated the Alaska Senate race, it's going to be tighter than it should be.

I don't even think that it's fair to go after her for defending her husband or saying that these women are lying or anything. When you're trying to hold your marriage together, you go through the stages of grief like anyone else, and she's probably in denial and understandably so considering how shitty it is to have someone talking about cheating on you while you're pregnant with his (and your) child.

It might be. Johnson is also not in the pamphlet.

They also moved offices and might have just not received their forwarded mail. Several people (including Murkowski) have dropped their state party posts because of Trump. Lots of infighting in the party, with half the people not wanting to support Murkowski this election and voting for the "Libertarian" (aka Tea Party) candidate Joe Miller. No idea why 538 hasn't updated the Alaska Senate race, it's going to be tighter than it should be.

Murkowski has been at war with her own party for about a decade now. I ran into her while she was meeting with voters in a bookstore about nine years back, and she was not happy about the GOP at all back then.

Mael

Since this is a thread about politics and during an election season.
Can we talk about how the US influence politics in the rest of the world too?
Like in France, apparently to try to get a more legitimate mandate when presenting a candidate the Republicans (yes the Right is called that now here) they go through the primary process.
This year is special because even people who are not part of the party can vote in the primary.
They even held a debate with the 8 candidates (and dear god was that BS on sticks I didn't expect to hear everyone going all trickle down on me during the debate but here we are).
I lost 2 hours yesterday watching the replay of this shit and I feel like venting since Clinton is already nearly elected and all.

Observation that gets lost in Hillary's historic candidacy: a pretty decent number of Democratic senate candidates are women and if most of the close races are won by Democratic women, significantly closer to half of the Democratic senators will be women.

Duckworth/Hassan/Cortez-Masto/Ross/McGinty bring the count up to 19/52ish

Barzul

I guess I'm just salty at how Republicans keep trotting that Hilary insulted women of Bill's infidelities (as opposed to what being lovey dovey??), I almost want to hold Melania to their standard.

Oh, the Melania interview is pre-taped? Going to drag the interview during at least the hour.

Dan Merica ‏@danmericaCNN 2h2 hours ago
Hillary Clinton has arrived at the Doral Arrowwood, a hotel near her home in New York, for a third straight day of debate prep.

Debate prep or sulfur treatment? You're not fooling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom