• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Well Melania is now Trending on twitter. Donald is truly a coward to hide behind her, but I don't think this get the desired result from them.

Zackat

so the horse race is back on the menu now?

I'm not talking about the polls, those are pretty sweet.

HylianTom

Banned
Man, today's polls are amazing.

We've taken a candidate with notably bad favorability numbers and created a scenario where a 10% win is within the realm of possibility.

I still can't get over this.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I was super busy at work and just took a look at the new polls posted at 538. Wow oh wow this thing is turning historically bad for Trump. Remarkable.

Well Melania is now Trending on twitter. Donald is truly a coward to hide behind her, but I don't think this get the desired result from them.
#BillyBushMadeMeDoIt

So, at the very least, more than a few people are calling bullshit.

Much like everything else, their attempt to handwave this is making it much worse.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The Twitter reaction is quite negative and sarcastic. I don't think this helps Trump with anyone but those already convinced he's beyond reproach.

The first trip I make in the Delorean is back to when Andrea Mitchell got dissed by Hill once upon a time, and stop it. It's the only thing that makes sense with her constant whining about the eeeeeemaaaaails.

For all the talk about Trump and women voters, male voters seemed somewhat turned off by him, as well.

Polls have shown the male voter gap tightening between hillary and trump for a while now.

Boke1879

The Twitter reaction is quite negative and sarcastic. I don't think this helps Trump with anyone but those already convinced he's beyond reproach.

Just saying it was "boy talk" and saying it private as a way to brush this off is terrible, and I'd be fucking furious at CNN if all their guests just agreed to it as such after they went in hard last week.

If anything this gets on more pass. It's brought up for a day and then pushed to the way side after the debate.

Hillary is up by 8 points or so right now and will probably get an extra point bonus from her ground game. If she leads by 12 or more heading into the election day, she might get an extra 2 point bonus from the bandwagon effect (so +3 all together).

She needs to win by 16 to get 471 EVs.

silver-landslide-map-3.png

shiba5

Melania has a perpetual deer in headlights look. Like she's legit scared or something. She needs to let loose.

I've long thought Trump's exes are legit terrified of him, and I bet she is too. I mean would you say anything bad about him if you were in his inner circle?

Emarv

Seriously, if there's more oppo, this week is the week to drop it. She's up by at least +8 and making a push for swings. There's a chance he stabilizes a little again after Wednesday night. This needs to be where they begin the final push to keep him around 35 for the remainder of the race and open up the new swing states.

Any nightly news updates today? What were the stories?

Seriously, if there's more oppo, this week is the week to drop it. She's up by at least +8 and making a push for swings. There's a chance he stabilizes a little again after Wednesday night. This needs to be where they begin the final push to keep him around 35 for the remainder of the race and open up the new swing states.

If something doesn't come a week or so before the election, then they don't have anything. That is the deadline in my opinion.

Boke1879

IF there is more. It'll come out later this week or the next. She's clearly making her push by expanding the map.

shiba5

For all the talk about Trump and women voters, male voters seemed somewhat turned off by him, as well.

Polls have shown the male voter gap tightening between hillary and trump for a while now.

All the white, male Republicans in my family have turned on him. My FiL called him a "vile degenerate".

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hillary is up by 8 points or so right now and will probably get an extra point bonus from her ground game. If she leads by 12 or more heading into the election day, she might get an extra 2 point bonus from the bandwagon effect (so +3 all together).

She needs to win by 16 to get 471 EVs.

silver-landslide-map-3.png

If she's not in double-digits now, it's not conceivable to me that she'll get there by November 8.

But there's a scenario where turnout makes it happen I guess.

Perhaps this is a little too optimistic but I think a lot of third party voters who lean Clinton will have a come to Jesus moment in the voting booth and vote for Clinton while Trump won't get the same benefit. This will leave Trump with 37-39% of the vote while Clinton scores 51-53% giving her an impressive double digit popular vote margin.

Glenn Thrush of Politico is experiencing what can only be described as a pile-on right now after an e-mail to Podesta leaked showing him sending him an article for approval.

Trump tweeted it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom