• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Any nightly news updates today? What were the stories?

If something doesn't come a week or so before the election, then they don't have anything. That is the deadline in my opinion.
I agree with that timeline. Anything more and she pushes it to close to the proper amount of voter awareness to whatever it is.

HylianTom

Banned
If there is a remaining juicy item or two, I'd bet anything that Team Clinton is saving something just in case they need to distract from a wiki-related embarrassment.

Think of it as insurance..
- something potentially momentum-stopping is released by Wikileaks
- Team Clinton, in response, drops the information
- media goes for the shinier, more salacious object (following the principle that SEX is more attention-grabbing than classification minutiae/Goldman-Sachs details/etc)

Key-Shake-VT.gif

*Look at the keys! Look at 'em!*

All the white, male Republicans in my family have turned on him. My FiL called him a "vile degenerate".

I've noticed a shift with some of my family as well, not just because of the first debate and the tapes, but also that damn Robert De Niro video, lol. It made the rounds.

Zukkoyaki

I wonder how Team Alucard is holding up this days. The major national polls are showing Clinton with a near double-digit lead with three weeks to go and Wikileaks could open up a restaurant with the number of nothingburgers they've been serving.

Joeytj

Banned
Glenn Thrush of Politico is experiencing what can only be described as a pile-on right now after an e-mail to Podesta leaked showing him sending him an article for approval.

Trump tweeted it of course.

Hope this teaches the media of not making a big fuss out of every batch of Podesta emails out there. Nothing so far has been of the public interests outside of typical political chatter. Trumpers are making a big deal out of every adjective, subject heading and curse word in those emails, trying to make something out of it.

Giving a campaign a heads up about an article is common. Far too common, yes, but there's no evidence in that email that they changed the story because of it. And asking the subjects of a story for a response is a journalistic principle, which these dummies know little about.

Why are you guys so obsessed with this "killer oppo"? Even if she doesn't have it, she's still winning by high single digits.
It's not about Clinton, really. She's definitely got this. It's about depressing R turn out as much as possible to secure the Senate and run-up the margin in the House at this point.

shiba5

Why are you guys so obsessed with this "killer oppo"? Even if she doesn't have it, she's still winning by high single digits.

Because I want Trump thoroughly destroyed and all the cowardly GOP who allowed this slug to threaten our democracy along with him. Salt the fucking earth.

Emarv

Glenn Thrush of Politico is experiencing what can only be described as a pile-on right now after an e-mail to Podesta leaked showing him sending him an article for approval.

Trump tweeted it of course.

Of course the GOP doesn't understand how journalism works. I'm sure Glenn will be giddy to be drug into this election by Trump himself.

Because it's the difference between confirmed Senate and maybe House vs narrow Senate.

Iolo

I wonder how Team Alucard is holding up this days. The major national polls are showing Clinton with a near double-digit lead with three weeks to go and Wikileaks could open up a restaurant with the number of nothingburgers they've been serving.

With a side of Julian fries

Yeah but Trump can totally win by winning all of the Romney states* and picking up Ohio**, Florida*** and Pennsylvania****!

*Already a tall order given Clinton is winning North Carolina and possibly Arizona
**Maybe
***Nope
****Are you fucking serious lol?

Cyanity

Banned
All the white, male Republicans in my family have turned on him. My FiL called him a "vile degenerate".

Just overheard my dad who believes in the Illuminati and thinks Obama is a Muslim talking about how much of a piece of shit Trump is. Both of my parents were going to reluctantly vote R to prevent Hillary, but they've both since woken up to the monster that their party has put forth as a candidate. I'm proud of them (even if they're still wrong about everything else).

HylianTom

Banned

At this point, I'm confident that we don't really need any other drops in order to win the Presidency and the Senate. Trump has been more than adequately damaged, and the disparity in on-the-ground operations will see to it that the job is done as far as both goals are concerned.

The timing of drops is more of a fun spitball topic..

(But if there is any sort of magic information out there that suddenly makes the bowels of the earth open up such that seats like Rubio and McCain are immediately vulnerable.. I WANT IT.)

User1608

Banned
At this point, I'm confident that we don't really need any other drops in order to win the Presidency and the Senate. Trump has been more than adequately damaged, and the disparity in on-the-ground operations will see to it that the job is done as far as both goals are concerned.

(But if there is any sort of magic information out there that suddenly makes the bowels of the earth open up such that seats like Rubio and McCain are immediately vulnerable.. I WANT IT.)
This is where I am at too.😃

Trump has not led a single all October national poll this month besides the USC/LA Times poll.

Not one. At least according to 538. You can extend this to post Debate #1.

I honestly think the 1st debate and follow-up will go down as the worst performance ever.

Iolo

It would be funny if, for all the talk of nuclear oppo bombs, what did Trump in was just his behavior at the first debate, and Hillary's successful psychological warfare.

Emarv

Trump has not led a single all October national poll this month besides the USC/LA Times poll.

I honestly think the 1st debate and follow-up will go down as the worst performance ever.
He's going for the hat trick!

Trump is going to be sitting next to Hillary in the 3rd debate. We all know the election is over and Hillary is the president, but I really wanna see how he interacts in a sit down setting.

At this rate probably. She seems to be in the low 50s in a lot of one on one polling.

Ok, so in 2012 both Huffpost and RCP had Obama at a 1.5% lead but he won the election by about 4%. Can we assume something similar for Clinton (winning by more than polls say) without getting into "unskewing" territory. Also what are the reason for an under count in polling? From my understanding minorities were under counted in polling in 2012 (ie Spanish speaking communities were under represented in polling in places like Nevada and Colorado) thus leading to Obama's greater than expected victory.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just to recap the national polls that were released the past couple of days.

CBSNews - Clinton +9
NBC/WSJ - Clinton +11
ABC/WaPo - Clinton +4
Monmouth University - Clinton +12
George Washington University - Clinton +8

He's led Rassss
;-)

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Trump is going to be sitting next to Hillary in the 3rd debate. We all know the election is over and Hillary is the president, but I really wanna see how he interacts in a sit down setting.

I doubt he would try to spit on her, but he might.

People keep telling me to keep my expectations in check for the senate. But should I really?

I care MOST about the Supreme Court because then it's one less thing to worry about for (hopefully) decades. But it really feels like a toss up still. I hate that.

Slayven

Pretty much, and i might add it fun watch the surrogates double talk

jbug617

Banned
I just wonder if Chris Wallace will allow Trump to talk over her every time she talks. Zingers worked for him in the 2nd debate and most of that came from butting in during her answer.

Two things:

1) Murphy is landing a few blows against Rubio. I don't know that it makes a difference, but he has landed a few solid hits. He just hit him really, really good over LGBT issues and immigration issues.

2) Hillary would have worn Rubio's skin as a suit for fashion week.

jiggle

Just to recap the national polls that were released the past couple of days.

CBSNews - Clinton +9
NBC/WSJ - Clinton +11
ABC/WaPo - Clinton +4
Monmouth University - Clinton +12
George Washington University - Clinton +8
But she can't cross 50 though
Trump wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom