• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gore doesn't get enough credit for conceding the 2000 election.

The man is a gentleman and a patriot. He could have and had the fuel to go fucking nuclear, but he didn't.

Regardless of the mistakes he made that put him in that position in the first place.. he chose the country over himself and I respect him so much for that.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's called desperation.

I'm worried now about quidproquoghazi. This is the October surprise trump was waiting for. FUCK

Good thing the far left is mostly just full of people who want to complain! Because, I hate to break this to people, this is not a far left country. Period. Full stop. Candidates in the future will be as quote unquote moderate as Hillary is, because that's where the electorate is.

The main difference between the far left and the far right is that the right actually votes!

2016 represents a shift in how issues are framed though. Hillary has addressed and called out racism, sexism, xenophobia etc relentlessly while past candidates (even Obama) had to talk about those topics with kid gloves. She's had to renounce some of her statements from the 90's because the dog whistles that even dems employed 20 years ago don't fly any more. Just as Bill ushered in an era of democrats campaigning (and sometimes governing) like diet republicans, republicans will be forced to campaign like diet democrats going forward, at least on social issues. I think the dems are in for a string of successes comparable to what the GOP enjoyed from '68-'92. During that time, no one in either party wanted to be seen as "soft on crime" (dog whistle alert!). From 2016 (specifically after Donald loses) until 20xx, no one is going to want to be seen as anti-diversity, or uninclusive.

So, overall, I think this sets us up for someone who is a bit more of a brazen leftist in 2024.

Every time melania does an interview i get the impression that she doesnt give a shit about any of this and is just saying what people tell her to say

kevin1025

Banned
The only thing more coached than Melania Trump right now is a Superbowl team.

(That was my one and only attempt at a sports analogy.)

The media + Clinton conspiracy is the weakest shit ever. Just embarrassing how feeble conservatives are who spread that kind of nonsense. It's amazing this is trotted out alongside the widespread voter fraud thing. Bunch of babies

mo60

It's called desperation.

I'm worried now about quidproquoghazi. This is the October surprise trump was waiting for. FUCK

Nah the october surprise was trump's sexual history playing a huge role in the remainder of the race and Julian Assange's internet getting cut by Ecuador.

Ecotic

Melania is awful at interviews. A lot of it is due to the difficulty in speaking a second language I'm sure, but she comes across as so unemotional and empty. It's very obvious to the viewer that she's a trophy wife and that Donald didn't want a marriage of equals.

If this interview is going as poorly as people are saying in here, I get a pit in my stomach imagining Donald's reaction to her making him look so bad.

Republicans are panicking about the House now.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/house-republicans-firewall-election-229910

The top House Republican super PAC had always planned to spend big to protect GOP lawmakers in Democratic-friendly districts. But Donald Trump’s free fall is forcing American Action Network and its sister PAC, Congressional Leadership Fund, to also shell out millions in red-leaning districts that weren’t even in play until this month.

Their suddenly urgent mission: Build a firewall to prevent a Democratic takeover of the House.

With Trump fending off allegations of sexual harassment, and his tanking numbers threatening to pull down once-safe GOP lawmakers, this is what 2016 now looks like for the pair of related conservative outside groups: They're dropping $500,000 million on TV ads in deep-red Utah to protect Rep. Mia Love, whose Mormon-heavy district has recoiled from Trump’s vulgar comments about women. They’re spending another $700,000 in Tucson, Arizona to protect freshman Rep. Martha McSally, a retired Air Force colonel who’s comfortably led her Democratic challenger all year. And they're working to shore up conservative-leaning districts in the Central Valley of California, western Colorado, upstate New York and Michigan.

The vast majority of the groups' money is still being spent on competitive races. But the pair of groups is also now engaged in a a pre-emptive attempt to stanch the bleeding caused by Trump and preserve Speaker Paul Ryan’s historically large majority. Officials say they hope to prevent Democrats from expanding their map, and allow the National Republican Congressional Committee to focus its resources on the toughest races.

Inside the GOP leadership there's also been a shift in thinking. Lawmakers and aides at the NRCC and atop the party's leadership structure predicted single-digit losses before they left for their election-season recess. Now, these aides and lawmakers say losses could be 10 to 20 seats, leaving the GOP with a slimmed-down majority. However, many of them concede that a 20-seat loss could easily become 30, and thus the majority.

Squire

Banned
"Her English is better than Donald Trump's!"

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

She agreed to do the interview. Therefore, critiques of her are fair. But god damn I wish no one in the campaign had forced her to do this.

I hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom