• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosseyes

Banned
There's no "growing" anything, it's just apathetic dumb liberals not showing up, and the angry rural guys actually getting off their asses and voting for once.
They're showing up today. Record numbers from both sides in Florida.

The deplorables might just be greater in number.

Crocodile

Number 3rd party votes are just so weird to me, especially in swing states

I also which numbers would just come in quicker :/

Also LOL Texas "dream" (like a super fantasy) is dead

EDIT: Minnesota too close?

Paul Krugman ‏@paulkrugman 1m1 minute ago
A terrifying night, and not just because Trump might win. It turns out that there is a deeper rage in white, rural America than I knew 1/

Even if Hillary wins, this is so true. The Urban-Rural divide, especially among uneducated white and educated white is scary.

The thing that gets me about it being so close is that Trump's campaign had fucking nothing, and Clinton's had everything.

I still think she'll win. But I don't know anymore. And that scares me.

TheFatOne

Texas will forever be my white whale. Still feel good about Florida, but think I'm going to have to abandon the thread. Making me too nervous. Thought the hispanic vote could hold of the racist vote. Thought it would be a couple of point, but this is closer than I thought. Going to go walk my dog for a bit to just chill.

They're showing up today. Record numbers from both sides in Florida.

The deplorables might just be greater in number.

The Trump campaigns entire strategy was to suppress any and every "soft" Hillary voter and amp up their guys. Be "disgusted" at the choices and not vote for either. They figured that independents wouldn't punish them that much and it looks like that strategy has worked out for them. Whether it wins them Florida is another matter.

The fact that this is close when Trump had ZERO groundgame makes me so fucking pissed.

There needs to start being someone like a KKK, but instead of it being white people targeting minorities, it needs to be minorities and non-deplorable white people targeting deplorables.

Otherwise the deplorables become the new normal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL Nate Silver throwing shade at Wang on Twitter.

Emarv

Silver so petty

Nate SilverVerified account
‏@NateSilver538
This doesn't seem like an election in which one candidate had a 99% chance of winning tbh

Strimei

NoVa looks mostly in on the Guardian report...

I can't load it right now, but look, personal experience, as I used to live in Fairfax and before that Arlington for almost my entire life.

They take ages. I can't load up the guardian's thing right now so can't compare but give it some time. I remember things looking close back in 2012 and biting my nails as I waited for Fairfax to report.

Nate Cohn:
There's no battleground state where Latino voters could do more for Clinton. Yet every gain she made was canceled out.

Harry Enten:
Clinton's up in Philly, but she is behind Obama's pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom