• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfdmpig

The fact that this is close when Trump had ZERO groundgame makes me so fucking pissed.

There needs to start being someone like a KKK, but instead of it being white people targeting minorities, it needs to be minorities and non-deplorable white people targeting deplorables.

Otherwise the deplorables become the new normal.

What the hell is wrong with you? You're unhinged. You're going to catch yourself a ban with your calls for violence.

Fuchsdh

The Trump campaigns entire strategy was to suppress any and every "soft" Hillary voter and amp up their guys. Be "disgusted" at the choices and not vote for either. They figured that independents wouldn't punish them that much and it looks like that strategy has worked out for them. Whether it wins them Florida is another matter.

Yep.

Elections don't magically turn people racist. These guys always existed, sadly.

Trump ahead in OH now. And he's still winning VA.

Romney led Va until late in the night. In fact, I think VA was called when Romney was still ahead.

Northern Va is late.

Florida's lead is pretty large. NC and Ohio in Trump's lead right now. And Michigan close.

Not going to be an anxiety free night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I won't be able to afford my doctoral program under a new GOP tax plan :(

jtb

Banned
The Trump campaigns entire strategy was to suppress any and every "soft" Hillary voter and amp up their guys. Be "disgusted" at the choices and not vote for either. They figured that independents wouldn't punish them that much and it looks like that strategy has worked out for them. Whether it wins them Florida is another matter.

And the media was more than eager to play along.

Dangerous tweet too. If she pulls off FL he's going to regret that tweet.

Why? His final model predicted that she would win it by the thinnest of margins.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I seriously can't believe this. Can't live here with President Trump. May need to emigrate for a couple of years. Luckily I've been saving for some kind emergency.
We can lose Florida, Ohio, North Fucking Carolina and Iowa and still take this thing. It's gonna be alright.

newjeruse

I'm waiting for Hillary to take a stand in a single battleground state and she's not doing it. Every single close state is trending Trump.

Kusagari

What happened to the GOTV.

You guys swore by this.

Fuuuuuuck.

Also wtf is that dude chill Jesus.

The GOTV was unprecedented in FL. Hispanic's turned out in absolutely unprecedented numbers.

It was completely countered by rural whites turning out in even more shocking numbers.

BriGuy

I worried myself to the point of throwing up in the sink. Maybe it's early and maybe I'm working myself up into hysterics, but it really, really, really looks like he's checking all of the boxes he needs to, at least from my perspective. I fucking hate this.

Guys, literally zero states that were unexpected have been called for Trump.

This is exactly what I said in 2004. The problem is Trump outperforming overall and states that should be favoring Clinton that are too close to call, and states we hoped might be too close to call being called for Trump quickly.

iammeiam

Mostly what tonight is teaching me is that learning which states are important in the EV count isn't enough, and I apparently should have spent time studying on the key counties so I'd know what swings to expect from here.

Staying optimistic but I'm still incredibly disappointed this wasn't the resounding rejection of Trump's BS it should have been.

You knew those states belonged to Trump long ago. breath brother

I mean when most of the too close to call or too early has Trump ahead...hell hes now ahead in NC. This is getting terrifying. I mean look I apologize on a whole with the overall "nervous" or "bedwetting" but, this morning I was confident with everything coming in and now I am afraid.

Maxim726X

The GOTV was unprecedented in FL. Hispanic's turned out in absolutely unprecedented numbers.

It was completely countered by rural whites turning out in even more shocking numbers.

Umm... No? Hispanic vote up 1% over 2012. That's it.

At least that's what Tapper said.

HTupolev

Seems like most of the red areas in VA have gotten almost everything in. Presumably it will start tightening in Clinton's favor.

Bowdz

Crazy that both campaigns theories are spot on at this point. Large WWC turnout for Trump and large minority turnout for Clinton and yet it looks like Trump's turnout is better. Fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom