• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg
Probably isn't actually black.

EDIT: Or not. Post looked hella suspect.

Velcro Fly

Michigan has like 20% reporting

It will be one of those situations where the bigger counties sway things more than all the rural stuff coming in early.

Maledict

So yea:
- Obama's stuff all overturned as if he never existed
- fucked SCOTUS
- goodbye to progress

Dems fucked this up so hard.

They ran probably the best election campaign operatus in history. They had an amazing convention, and enthusiasm amongst democrats is high - people are voting FOR clinton, not against trump.

No-one realised exactly *how* bad rural white america was.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The reports we got during the primaries were that the Clintons were quite propense to freakouts, so... yeah.

Two. Fair to assume that the party would go into overdrive trying to boost turnout at all costs for the midterms.

Yeah right, they won't have more money to spend than they had this time, and people won't get out to vote as much. I doubt Trump could even lose in four years unless the Republicans REALLY want him out.

So yea:
- Obama's stuff all overturned as if he never existed
- fucked SCOTUS
- goodbye to progress

Dems fucked this up so hard.

It's not Dems.

It's white people. Not all white people, obviously, but enough that they care more about ruining the lives of brown and black people and urban women than anything else.

Honestly, it makes sense. The world is becoming more global and these folks are being challenged to not see the world as revolving around them.

This is going to be a bad next decade, though. It's going to be rough.

Jenov

How could people vote for a man who admits to freely being able to grab women by the pussy just because he's rich and casually incites racial hatred and division? Like, MILLIONS of people are voting for this man. My faith in humanity...

Grief.exe

North Carolina is looking horrible. Around a 200K vote lead for Trump right now according the the NC SBE.

Code:
Donald J. Trump	 REP	2,123,263	50.55%
Hillary Clinton	DEM	1,914,641	45.59%

These numbers are ahead of what the AP has.

Last I looked, the rural areas were 100% counted, while the population centers were around 20-30%.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It's not Dems.

It's white people. Not all white people, obviously, but enough that they care more about ruining the lives of brown and black people and urban women than anything else.

Honestly, it makes sense. The world is becoming more global and these folks are being challenged to not see the world as revolving around them.

This is going to be a bad next decade, though. It's going to be rough.

The sad part being, the actions taken over the next decade will probably put the US in a much worse situation moving forward.

It looks like it's down to MI and WI.
I still strongly expect Clinton to have NV, so it's those two states.

Joeytj

Banned
Well, looks like Hillary will hold on to VA. But fuck WI and MI, not looking good.

Florida is tightening ever so slightly, but I don't think it will be enough.

Kusagari

Pollsters everywhere are going to be flailing after this.

Just wrong poll after wrong poll nationwide. Look at what's happening in GA after numerous close polls.

HTupolev

So wait is McMuffin our best hope now or what?
McMuffin can't save it. Plurality doesn't win the electoral college, only absolute majority does. If nobody gets a majority, the vote goes to congress, which has GOP control.

He'd have to actually split the vote such that Clinton takes Utah.

tuffy

Last I looked, the rural areas were 100% counted, while the population centers were around 20-30%.
Is that enough to make up the difference? Urban areas with Clinton-favoring demographics reporting later seems like kindof a big deal, but I don't have a good feel for what sort of split to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom