• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of telling people to organize and shit?

The turnout is up. The bigots in rural and suburban counties found their authoritarian bigot to follow.

What could have been done to stop him? This isn't an issue of turnout. It's an issue of EDUCATION AND RACE.

Crocodile

I can't believe the Republican Senate not doing its job for months in confirming a SC justice has a chance of paying off.

Also I think no matter what happens, Morning Joe will be insufferable tomorrow morning :p

In the absence of labor struggle, where people understand that their enemy is their economic overlords automating and shipping their jobs away with nothing to replace them, latent racist white people turn to scapegoating anyone else. This isn't difficult. It's not about the truth. It's about perception.

The difference between the Clinton and Trump message is "racism + sexism" and "I'm an outsider". The Democrat policies are actively better for the working class. You can't divorce how well Trump is doing in rural areas with the "cultural backlash" element.

Christian

Real question: if I have a cat and a dog and I want to move to Australia, can I take them with me if they're evaluated for shit like rabies?

FiggyCal

Banned
kzysBeF.png

Does anyone buy this?

Angry Fork

Thinking Bernie would have done better really confuses me.

Trump is literally winning because of record turnout from rural voters that no one saw coming. What the hell was Bernie going to do to those voters?

Those rural people want an end to neo-liberal trade deals and an end to washington corruption. Those people were interested in Bernie. Some of them are racist xenophobes who would've gone Trump regardless, sure, but a lot of them were disenfranchised, poor, working class people.

Dems have to stop blaming them and adopt an anti-corruption/wall street platform that would explain to them the real enemies are bankers, not immigrants.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I hate that when MI's looking a bit more hopeful, WI comes in and looks ready to shit on the floor.

Esiquio

I can't tell you that she's going to win, but we will survive this. The Earth isn't going to blow up tomorrow and the potential disasters to come can be mended. Obama did it once and we can do it again so long as we keep fighting.

But the meltdowns here are making it seem like life is over. The Executive Branch is just one branch of the government - the President isn't a freaking Emperor, people.

Not be Hillary Clinton?

Yea, but what does that do for rural voters who are voting for a POS like Trump? He energized his racist base to a degree that no one saw coming.

What does a Bernie pick do to stop that? Hillary has like record turnout in minority voters. What else was she supposed to do here that Bernie would do?

atr0cious

Why would he be impeached?
Trump university trial starts on the 28th, his pedo trial starts on December 16th, he's being investigated for fraud over the trump foundation and probably Russian ties by the fbi, not to mention the other business lawsuits he'll be apart of since he announced. It'll be easy to dump him. And pence may not cow tow to Russia, but the supreme court judges, possibly 3 of them, will fuck America for the rest of our life time, which a candidate in 2020 will have to deal with. So global warming, Iraq deal, abortion, gay marriage, clean energy, are all gone. Evangelical's god truly doesn't exist.

Trump is literally winning because of record turnout from rural voters that no one saw coming. What the hell was Bernie going to do to those voters?

He outperformed Michigan polling by like 20 points. He had the ability to win much of the white working class vote that is handing this to Trump

kmag

But the meltdowns here are making it seem like life is over. The Executive Branch is just one branch of the government - the President isn't a freaking Emperor, people.

They're going to have the house and the senate as well though. He's just going to sign any shit that comes from the tea party controlled house.

My future is completely fucked. I am barely on my feet. My insurance is going to get ripped out from underneath me. Student loans are suffocating me and the Supreme Court is lost for the next several decades.

It's over.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For the people doubting if Bernie would have done better: He would have won.

Why? He's a white man. Much of the Midwestern rural vote tonight was because they didn't want a woman leading them.

sphagnum

Banned
I can't believe the Republican Senate not doing its job for months in confirming a SC justice has a chance of paying off.

Also I think no matter what happens, Morning Joe will be insufferable tomorrow morning :p

The difference between the Clinton and Trump message is "racism + sexism" and "I'm an outsider". The Democrat policies are actively better for the working class. You can't divorce how well Trump is doing in rural areas with the "cultural backlash" element.

I'm not divorcing that. I'm exploring it. I don't think people are AS prone to turning to the far right when they feel they are getting by just fine.

Anfony O

Guys so just out of curiosity, can I have someone who's knowledgeable of the current situation tell me what clinton needs to win in order to beat trump now? and are the odds stacked heavily against her or is it still a toss up?

"Dear DNC,
If you don't give us the candidate we want, we'll give you the President you deserve."

bernie supporter friend's facebook post

want to reach through the screen and choke them

You think a red House, Senate, and Judiciary will stop him? Seeing this turnout, you think they'll stand up to him?

Whatever he wants, he gets. Whatever the GOP wants they'll get.

Bernie appealed to the same demographic that gave trump the winning. It was really obvious. The enthusiasms wasn't there.

Ugh. I fucking hate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom