• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it won't. We couldn't work together to defeat this shitstain Trump.
First of all, we could have but Hillary used her deep connections within the party and admittedly high favorables with the Democratic base (particularly blacks) to clinch the nom. Problem is that she is an AWFUL candidate with the wider electorate. She was selfish to seek nomination knowing how much baggage she brings to the table. She has no more room at our table anymore.

Second of all, there is midterms in 2018 and a general in 2020 to defeat Trump. Let's get to work.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Screw you guys who think Hillary is the problem here. The voting populace is the problem. What kind of policies did you want Hillary to put in place? You think the people who voted for Trump actually cares about policies?

This is the exact elitist attitude that led most of you on here to anoint her Madam President weeks ago and completely ignore the fact that, yes, voters might actually feel differently.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
The country is validating every single piece of obstructionist bullshit the GOP has pulled for the last 8 years. 20+ years if you go back to the nineties. Words absolutely fail me.

Boke1879

First of all, we could have but Hillary used her deep connections within the party and admittedly high favorables with the Democratic base (particularly blacks) to clinch the nom. Problem is that she is an AWFUL candidate with the wider electorate. She was selfish to seek nomination knowing how much baggage she brings to the table. She has no more room at our table anymore.

Second of all, there is midterms in 2018 and a general in 2020 to defeat Trump. Let's get to work.

We're not winning a fucking midterm.

What the actual fuck is this post

Literally record minority turnout this election

literally

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Screw you guys who think Hillary is the problem here. The voting populace is the problem. What kind of policies did you want Hillary to put in place? You think the people who voted for Trump actually cares about policies?

Whether or not the reasons for it were legitimate, Clinton was a weak candidate. Her campaign took things for granted and they have failed miserably. They have let a literal racist beat them. Fuck letting Clinton off the hook for that. She's been planning this for a decade and she fucking blew it.

What the actual fuck is this post

Literally record minority turnout this election

literally

Do we really give Clinton credit for the minority turnout, or Trump for doing everything possible to alienate them.

Sibylus

Banned
People wanting to blame HRC or any one person are in serious denial tonight. The country is sick, and as tonight proves... sicker than it has been since perhaps the Civil War.

rjinaz

Does anybody else just feel numb?

Not angry. Not bitter. Not raging. Just numb.

I don't think the realization of what happened tonight has hit me yet.

Yes I do, but I have the luxury of not caring about politics again for another 2 years. I'll just turn the disappointment off because I have nothing to fear.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Dumbass Nicole Wallace says that people are voting for Trump because the American people hate Washington. Ugh.

Measley

But the meltdowns here are making it seem like life is over. The Executive Branch is just one branch of the government - the President isn't a freaking Emperor, people.

A Republican Senate and Congress with a Republican president makes Donald Trump pretty much an emperor.

Angry Fork

Yes, anti-corruption voters elected Donald Trump, whose entire life has been built around self-dealing. What has Trump said he would do about wall street? Almost nothing, just take away the carried interest loophole while giving them a massive income tax break.

People voted for Trump because he's going build a wall and make America great again. Sanders didn't run on any of that. You're taking your beliefs and grafting them on to Trump's supporters without any evidence because it fits your agenda.

I'm sorry but a lot of people didn't vote Trump for the wall shit. Dems repeated that to make sympathetic liberals point and laugh and say haha look how stupid these people are.

A lot of them have been completely abandoned by democrats and neo-liberal economic policies. Their immediate reaction is blow up the system because the establishment doesn't give a shit about them, about democracy, about the working class in this country. Is trump the establishment? Yes, but he's the only one up there saying let's kill these trade deals that have cost you your livelihoods, while Clinton has been flip flopping her entire life.

This was a populist election and torpedoing Bernie was the dumbest thing dems could've done. And this shit fucking sucks because the immediate reaction from dems is not going to change but to blame everything on racism or crazy leftists. All the good things Obama did (even though they could've been much better) may be destroyed due to dem party arrogance about this being a shoe-in.

Crocodile

Bernie or Biden would have won this race. Sorry.

There a lessons to take away from this no matter what happens but I don't think "what happened if someone else had run" is really useful. Biden didn't run because his son just died and primary voters liked Bernie but liked Clinton more. There are too many unknowns here. "Cultural Backlash" is what is succeeding in here.

TheFatOne

Don't know of this went through earliest but had a panic attack earlier. Was pretty scary but eventually was able to recover. Going to stop looking at results now for my own sanity.

If things go poorly and trump wins all is not lost and we can eventually recover. The damage done will be great but we can overcome it. Take it easy poligaf.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Turnout for Clinton is as expected. Turnout for Clinton is at record highs among minorities

Trump is turning out insane numbers of rural whites

Thats

fucking

it

And yet on Saturday night when I brought up the idea that Democrats need to start appealing to rural whites, Adam et al flipped out.

If Trump wins, I am starting to think he wins no matter what.

Republicans came home as they always would.

Bigots were enthralled to vote for someone and they hadn't voted in years.

What Dem candidate changes that. Why would Bernie? Racism brought them out from nowhere. Nothing else.

LOL at people thinking Bernie would have won.

You really think with the votes going to Trump that an even more liberal candidate would've won?

All of the institutions meant to safeguard this kind of candidate winning failed.

This is a nightmare. Burn it all down.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sorry guys Bernie deserves blame for this
Hillary deserves blame for this
Gary Johnsln and Jill stein
Idiotic voters deserve blame for this

We got we deserve, Fuck everyone who voted for this piece of shit

Totakeke

Whether or not the reasons for it were legitimate, Clinton was a weak candidate. Her campaign took things for granted and they have failed miserably. They have let a literal racist beat them. Fuck letting Clinton off the hook for that. She's been planning this for a decade and she fucking blew it.

What mistakes did her campaign make other than rely on polling like everyone else including the Trump campaign believed in? I'd rather buy the argument that Bernie would be a better candidate than that she had major flaws in her campaign.

A republican president hands the republican controlled government a hardcore republican supreme court justice.

The rational man behind Trump, Pence, just loves conservative and religious social engineering.

It's very true, the president isn't god and that's a horrible misconception people have. But the damage that can be done by the supreme court is massive and can last for generations.
There is nothing they wouldn't be able pass and nothing to stop them

Incredibly scary

sphagnum

Banned
If we could crucify Bernie for his flaws as a candidate, which we did and should have, then HRC has to be critiqued in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom