• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

I think it's because most people had no idea how horribly backwards and racist America still is. It's a terrifying dose of reality. This is what y'all voted for. This is the reality of your country. You gotta deal with that.

Blaming HRC is completely foolish. That this many people would vote for DONALD FUCKING TRUMP in spite of all the shit he's said and done is so completely mindboggling that it defies comprehension right now.

kirblar

LOL at people thinking Bernie would have won.

You really think with the votes going to Trump that an even more liberal candidate would've won?

All of the institutions meant to safeguard this kind of candidate winning failed.

This is a nightmare. Burn it all down.
The fundamental issue is that Clinton should not have run. We knew that from the start, regardless of the final result.

It wasn't her policies. It was literally her.

Plus, if someone avoids the "bad" news enough and just simply goes by "Hey, that's Trump! I remember him from x. Lemme vote for him!" That could simply be it - likeability.

I mean, Arnold won out of sheer recognition. Especially rurual areas, that might play a big role.

And then add on top of that negative news of Hillary and you got a bad mix in the countryside.

Whether or not the reasons for it were legitimate, Clinton was a weak candidate. Her campaign took things for granted and they have failed miserably. They have let a literal racist beat them. Fuck letting Clinton off the hook for that. She's been planning this for a decade and she fucking blew it.

Do we really give Clinton credit for the minority turnout, or Trump for doing everything possible to alienate them.

Does it matter? In response to the statement I bolded, it's irrelevant.

The fundamental issue is that Clinton should not have run. We knew that from the start, regardless of the final result.

Y'all need to come down to reality and accept the following: America is way more fucking racist then anyone ever thought.

Maddness

I can't believe we're looking at a potential Trump future as President and wasn't someone supposed to become a mod if Trump won? Man the overconfidence is just devastating.

jonjonaug

Sorry guys Bernie deserves blame for this
Hillary deserves blame for this
Gary Johnsln and Jill stein
Idiotic voters deserve blame for this

We got we deserve, Fuck everyone who voted for this piece of shit

Personally I think Trump voters deserve the blame more than any of those.

sazzy

If the markets crash, isn't it going to have a runaway bulldozer effect which reaches far into these states which are voting for Donald?

Grief.exe

Benchmark Politics keeping the hope alive.

Benchmark Politics
‏@benchmarkpol

Currently a 50k vote difference in Wisconsin. Madison is good to make up 100k, depending on other counties.

CwyvPTRVIAAXQoG.jpg

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 5m5 minutes ago

Only a 30k vote difference in Michigan. Detroit alone can make up about 130k difference.

CwyuWc_UAAAJhzp.jpg

bachikarn

People wanting to blame HRC or any one person are in serious denial tonight. The country is sick, and as tonight proves... sicker than it has been since perhaps the Civil War.

I'm not blaming her but it may be fair to say Biden or Bernie may have appealed to those shit heads. That may be the reality of this country. You need someone who at least won't energize those people.

We thought we made progress after Barack was elected, but we may have overestimated how much progress we actually made.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
People wanting to blame HRC or any one person are in serious denial tonight. The country is sick, and as tonight proves... sicker than it has been since perhaps the Civil War Civil Rights Era.

It's headed in the direction of your original post though :(

Chumley

Banned
If the markets crash, isn't it going to have a runaway bulldozer effect which reaches far into these states which are voting for Donald?

It's going to be another recession. And the people who voted for him are going to be confused why and still blame the Democrats and minorities.

sazzy

Ryan LizzaVerified account
‏@RyanLizza
He would control all 3 branches of gov and know that he was right when everyone else was wrong -- super-empowered and supremely confident.

If Trump wins, I am starting to think he wins no matter what.

Republicans came home as they always would.

Bigots were enthralled to vote for someone and they hadn't voted in years.

What Dem candidate changes that. Why would Bernie? Racism brought them out from nowhere. Nothing else.

Maybe some of them wouldn't have flocked to Johnson or Stein after the Bernie beatdown?

tuffy

Thank you for writing this. It honestly gives me a little bit of hope and something positive to take out of this whole thing.
I share your feelings, believe me. Though things are likely to be worse than they are now for awhile, people forgot how bad life was under George W Bush and for how long. But disasters caused by legislation can be fixed by more legislation, Supreme Court justices aren't a rubber stamp, and I try my best to keep events in perspective.

Averon

I don't think Hilary is completely to blame, but it is also silly to think that her baggage (whether it was deserved or not) did not do her harm.

You guys keep saying "record minority turnout" but other places (admittedly it's like, CNN and Politico) are saying that she has depressed turnout among African Americans and women compared to Obama in 2012.

Diablos

Benchmark Politics keeping the hope alive.

Benchmark Politics
‏@benchmarkpol

Currently a 50k vote difference in Wisconsin. Madison is good to make up 100k, depending on other counties.

CwyvPTRVIAAXQoG.jpg

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 5m5 minutes ago

Only a 30k vote difference in Michigan. Detroit alone can make up about 130k difference.

CwyuWc_UAAAJhzp.jpg
Ehh. Rural counties are the champions of this election for Trump. Doesn't feel like enough.

If we could crucify Bernie for his flaws as a candidate, which we did and should have, then HRC has to be critiqued in the same way.

Crucify? Seriously? Again, no one has ever gone after Sanders at all. If you want to bash Clinton fine but accept that no prominent politician in America has received less vetting than Bernie Sanders.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Brexit should tell you this is entirely irrelevant. In fact even if the economy crashed all it would do for those who did vote for Trump for "the economy" would double down. They instinctively believe a crisis will mean extreme action, and Trump would promise as much with his "great deals" and trade war threats and all that. They'll just give him more time and support.

Pretty much everyone in mainstream academia were wrong. This is a remarkable night. Horrible, but remarkable.

FWIW, Silver's model looks wrong too. He hedged against it with pollster error, which looks right, but the model was wrong.

All the polling was wrong. All the models were wrong. Plain and simple.

The media, the bigots, all of them...this is on all of them.

I am in such a stunned position right now. He's a racist, misogynist, sexual predator, tax evader, know nothing.

HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HOW OUR GOVERNMENT WORKS OR FOREIGN POLICY WORKS. HE'S A SOCIAPATHIC MORON.

And he's likely our next President.

What am I supposed to think. This is such a disaster.

BriGuy

If Trump wins, he's there for 8 years (if not longer). You'd better believe all of those voter ID laws will go into effect, and even if the white rural vote doesn't come out again in full force, the percentage of disenfranchised minorities will more than cover the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom