• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Whelp, my worldview is in tatters right now.
Data science = flawed
Current understanding the political campaigns = wrong
Polling science = flawed
Views of the country = wrong

I need to do some soul searching tonight. I'm so damn guilty of not seeing the reality of the world around me.

Can we blame any of this shit on Voter ID?

There was a lot more at play here than racism, I'm sorry dude. Portraying all trump voters as just racist neo-nazi's makes it easier to blame them but it's not that easy. The dems must change, not into xenophobia-lite, but into an economically populist party.

The things lots of people hate Clinton for (corruption, hypocrisy, dishonesty, wall street shit, etc.) are still the driving forces of the party and they must be purged.

No. Clinton's turnout is fine in these states. Trump is blowing it out of the park in rural areas.

GOP reliable voters turned out as always.

So did most Dem voters.

The difference is the racist white voters who mostly didn't vote before voting in places like Florida, NC, etc.

How do the "perceived baggage" weakness of Hillary Clinton makes sense when it's Donald Trump on the other side. How much baggage does that guy have that never mattered?

Not even the worst part.

Perceived baggage from Clinton (FUCKING EMAILS THAT MEANT NOTHING) over the real fucking baggage Trump had.

Baggage that would have sunk any other candidate in history.

Look at the percentage of talk on emails over actual policy. Over the actual effects of Trump's policy.

NONE

Trump could win on stoking fears of minorities, hatred of the other side, and lies on lies on lies. GOOD LUCK ON 25MILLION JOBS

IA going to Clinton would make no sense based on how it's going in other midwestern states, but a lot of the metropolitan precincts haven't been counted yet.

It's over. It all comes down to the closet racists. Somehow we forgot how many there are.
It's lulz, this orange buffoon is going to be the president of the most powerful nation on earth.

Sianos

Benchmark Politics keeping the hope alive.

Benchmark Politics
‏@benchmarkpol

Currently a 50k vote difference in Wisconsin. Madison is good to make up 100k, depending on other counties.

CwyvPTRVIAAXQoG.jpg

Benchmark Politics ‏@benchmarkpol 5m5 minutes ago

Only a 30k vote difference in Michigan. Detroit alone can make up about 130k difference.

CwyuWc_UAAAJhzp.jpg

there is still hope...

it isn't over until it's over

as was said in mother 3, no crying until the end

Tsuna

Ugh

Well on the bright side it looks like Minimum Wage Increase won in AZ.

Also Paul Penzone defeated Joe Arpaio for Sheriff which shocked me

Maybe there is some hope in AZ turning blue (but I try not to get my hopes up)

Grief.exe

This tweet is hitting me hard and I'm white.

TC
‏@tchop__StL

Looking like the Civil Rights Act is gone. The Disability Rights Act is gone. Roe is gone. The ACA is gone. 60 years of progress. Poof.

rjinaz

Ugh

Well on the bright side it looks like Minimum Wage Increase won in AZ.

Also Paul Penzone defeated Joe Arpaio for Sheriff which shocked me

Maybe there is some hope in AZ turning blue (but I try not to get my hopes up)

Thank you for making me smile right now. Good bye racist turd.

Crocodile

Let's all be clear, Trump's policies (whatever they are) aren't economically populist. If he wins than the Paul Ryan budget is probably what is going to pass through Congress which sure as hell won't be economically populist.

Even though gay rights will probably unfortunately take a big hit, I think trans rights may be okay. I think Trump has secretly supported trans rights but suppressed them during the campaign. I guess we'll find out in January. Try to find some optimism folks, its all we have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom