• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosseyes

Banned
NYT's site has been getting the trends right all night as they moved and it's fucking depressing.

None of the midwest outside of Illinois will be left standing.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa... all lost.

Mr.Mike

I know people are really upset, but the problem here is half the country, not whatever small factions of the left.

In the absence of labor struggle, where people understand that their enemy is their economic overlords automating and shipping their jobs away with nothing to replace them, latent racist white people turn to scapegoating anyone else. This isn't difficult. It's not about the truth. It's about perception.

But do please stop trying to cast absolutely everything as some Marxist immiseration of the people gone wrong.

Well, I've started looking into places to emigrate to. That's not a joke, either. I probably won't, but Melbourne or Dublin are looking pretty nice right now (I was thinking England back before Brexit). The thing is, I'm not really that concerned about Trump leading us into nuclear war; he's buddy-buddy with the other major nuclear threat in the world (which should have been hugely alarming to conservatives, but racism trumps logic). I AM concerned about him leading us into Civil War. Honestly, even if Hillary wins at this point, the tensions in this country have me shook. We either end up in a war with a foreign nation everyone can see as a common enemy, or we fight each other, and both of those are horrifying to me. We can't sustain this level of animosity between countrymen, and there's no outlet that isn't terrifying.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I really hate how MSNBC doesn't tell us what the percentage of people voted already like CNN does.

Trace

Banned
I'll be petitioning the Canadian government to build a wall around Wisconsin/Michigan. How could they fuck it up this bad?

NYT's site has been getting the trends right all night as they moved and it's fucking depressing.

None of the midwest outside of Illinois will be left standing.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa... all lost.

How did this happen? All he did is tweet and fly in and say the dumbest shit I've ever heard

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bill Clinton was concerned Hillary didn't campaign enough.

I remember our conversations in here about how she disappeared for weeks at a time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Steve Kornacki's giving a bit of hopium by saying there are still hundreds of thousands of votes to be counted in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom