• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
You guys told me not to worry and trust in Sam.

What the hell guys.

What the fuck.

Edit- that's just my anxiety. So worried about this country. Fuck.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have 4 young children. I have never been more scared in my life for their future.

Makai

CwyqwCoXgAE38E7.jpg

Kid Heart

same. too all the white people who aren't batshit crazy, i love you.

I'm sorry man. I legit don't blame you if you hate my group right now. My state pulled through, but the rest of the Midwest doesn't look like it wants to. I seriously wish you guys the best as I know I'll be fine, but I'm seriously worried about the rest of you all.

I think one of the things that people miss is how good Republicans are at entrenching and protecting power when given the means to do so.

We'll get other chances, but nothing of relevance.

I said it before-this was an existential election. There's no plan B. There's nothing left.

geomon

The Alt-Right is on the verge of controlling all three branches of our government. It really can't get much worse than this.

Also, gerrymandering and voter suppression (especially in red states) will ensure that Democrats will never have a large majority of either the House or Senate ever again. Conservative Supreme Court will continue to destroy the Voting Rights Act, will embolden the Citizens United ruling, and vigorously attack the reproductive rights of women.

Angry Fork

How do the "perceived baggage" weakness of Hillary Clinton makes sense when it's Donald Trump on the other side. How much baggage does that guy have that never mattered?

Trump's baggage in their eyes made him more of an anti-establishment, rogue, authentic character in a political environment dominated by politicians who talk correctly but lie all the time. Clinton's baggage were basically all legitimate criticisms of how shitty a person she is, and they're all tied to her decisions as a politician. She may not say "grab him by the dick", but she sure as fuck supported TPP until it was politically unsavory for her to do so. The latter matters a lot more to the average angry voter.

Liberals kept thinking pointing out Trump's stupid crazy statements would make people realize how dumb he is but it just makes people like him more because he's so anti-politician when 90% of the country hates politicians.

Totakeke

Trump's baggage in their eyes made him more of an anti-establishment, rogue, authentic character in a political environment dominated by politicians who talk correctly but lie all the time. Clinton's baggage were basically all legitimate criticisms of how shitty a person she is, and they're all tied to her decisions as a politician. She may not say "grab him by the dick", but she sure as fuck supported TPP until it was politically unsavory for her to do so. The latter matters a lot more to the average angry voter.

Liberals kept thinking pointing out Trump's stupid crazy statements would make people realize how dumb he is but it just makes people like him more because he's so anti-politician when 90% of the country hates politicians.

Yes, fuck optics, fuck the media, the internet is also a mistake.

Con_Smith

Banned
My mind is extremely lost right now. Fuck white America really did it. It took 8 years of a black man doing good to say fuck everything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
On the bright side, we might get Trump vs. Warren in 2020 after all.

Rural white voters showed up in droves to keep a white woman out of the White House. Running another one this soon is not a good idea.

I had to put on the Laker game for a bit. I can't enjoy it in any way but I need at least a 5 minute break from all of this.

I feel so uneasy right now. Almost feel like throwing up. not even joking.

Dierce

Joe Arpaio lost might be the only way I don't suicide.

Please, don't and that goes to anyone here that might be having such thoughts. Keep in mind that we are still standing and there are millions of us who dream of a better future, of a better world.

We will still stand but we must be united. Every last one of us.

zelas

This tweet is hitting me hard and I'm white.

TC
‏@tchop__StL

Looking like the Civil Rights Act is gone. The Disability Rights Act is gone. Roe is gone. The ACA is gone. 60 years of progress. Poof.
Gay people are fucked too. The supreme court mattered more than anything else...

The FCC isnt going to be the people's champion anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom