• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that America was better than this and I was so wrong.

America has elected as president a man who dedicated many of his rallies to saying this:

On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Oh well," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake

Now she wrapped him all cozy in a coverture of silk
And then laid him by the fireside with some honey and some milk
Now she hurried home from work that night as soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived
"Take me in, oh tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake

She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in, by now you might have died"
Now she stroked his pretty skin again and then kissed and held him tight
But instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite!
"Take me in, oh tender woman
Take me in for heaven's sake
"Now I saved you," cried the woman
And you've bit me, even why?
And you know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Ah shut up, silly woman," said that reptile with a grin
"Now you knew darn well I was a snake before you brought me in

About Muslims.

Is there a possibility for protection and evacuation of American Muslims if necessary?

I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry about everything. You don't deserve this, no one deserves this.

Crocodile

*Republicans make sure the government doesn't work*

*Voters get mad at Washington*

*Voters put more Republicans into office*

??????????

How does that make sense? America plz.

This is the first time my depression has ever hit the point where I feel legitimately suicidal.

"The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice" (may be misquoting)

I know things are looking bleak, but don't lose hope. Things will get better. It might take a while, and they might get worse first, but they'll eventually get better.

I keep thinking I'm going to loose my shit but remember guys some of us lived through Bush. This is going to be as bad or worst but we made it out stronger than before I mean we survived a second depression sure we might be on our way to another but we know how to handle it. We shall overcome.

smurfx

get some go again
i can't imagine changing demographics are going to help us that much in 2020. unless trump fucks up in major ways he might win reelection. his base of racist is gonna demand blood in order to keep voting for trump so minorities are gonna get hit hard in many ways.

I'm going to lose the right to marry, and there's no way in hell anything will be done about police reform or gun violence. I need to get out but I have no money to do so. I have nothing now.

zero_suit

Everyone take a deep breath. We are not going to act like republicans when Mcain and Romey lost. Those people made absolute asses of themselves with their doom and gloom about how America was going to be a third world country. It this a little more scary, yes but we are too close at the moment to objectively view it. Let's keep some dignity people.

Trump is a complete dumbass, and the GOP will go along with whatever he proposes.

Diablos

Diablos was right
Was I?

My biggest concern tonight was we'd lose the Senate. I was worried a bit after Comey but things seemed to bounce back. Starting to think that given the polls being unbelievably off the mark that he might have pushed just enough enthusiasm in states like Florida for Trump.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Okay, I've had enough. I shut of the MSNBC feed. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but doesn't look like that's gonna be the case.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the worst night I've had in years.

No minimum wage increase, no immigration reform, higher minimum age for social security, the worst people in power in Washington, this bad all around

sazzy

What are the chances that EC is tied and House elects Clinton, with a compromise worked on behind the scenes?

The House HAS to know electing DOnald is insanse.

i can't imagine changing demographics are going to help us that much in 2020. unless trump fucks up in major ways he might win reelection. his base of racist is gonna demand blood in order to keep voting for trump so minorities are gonna get hit hard in many ways.

Trump could easily cause another Great Depression by starting a trade war with China and that will affect things...

So all the freaking out has me wondering, is it too early to start forming a left-wing militia movement?

Blue Dawn?
CARIBOUS!

I don't actually know what would constitute the opposite of a wolverine....

Kusagari

We've lost moderate whites in places like WI and MI.

Without them our path forward is extremely tiny for the foreseeable future.

PInk Tape

Banned
Stop blaming HRC for this ffs. It's not going to fix or change the outcome of this shit so just deal with it. We can't be fighting with each other right now; we need to stand together.

Hey he might give us a great foreign (or domestic) entity to go slaughter that's the reason for all our problems.

Probably. That is the GOP way of doing things after all *shrug*

Trump up 5,000 per CNN John King ATM in NE-1. Trump by all indications will win ME-2.

Hillary needs NE-1 or ME-2(a split) and NH for 269-269(a loss). She needs all 3 for 270.

Wisconsin fucked the nation, the world and all of eternity.

I guess the best to hope for now is that he fucks up enough to push a democratic wave election like in 06 and at least gain control of the House.

dabig2

Welp, I was wrong (as so many others were). Brexit was real folks.

Fuck this country and everyone in it. And especially fuck you, Midwest. Time for me to legitimately abandon ship. My work contract is up in February, so I'll look into escaping north. I should just go ahead and tell my job to cancel my Secret Clearance application.

Maddness

So what's next? Rudy as Attorney General? Ben Carson for Surgeon General? Ted Nugent Secretary of State? Alex Jones Secretary of Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom