• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
"Don't blame Clinton."

Obama has sky high approval and generic D and generic R are neck and neck. It's obviously Clinton's fault. Like, don't pretend it isn't.
They're not. If they were, we wouldn't be in this mess of all three branches of government under Republican control.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Honestly I think it's mostly going to be the other way around.

That's the real point here.

Trump is a moronic clown that got them back in.

Pence is the real GOP rep in the white house and will be there to move things along nicely for the GOP.

smurfx

get some go again
Honestly I think it's mostly going to be the other way around.
yup he is going to be a bigger puppet than bush was to cheney. we can only hope his puppet masters aren't as horrible as cheney and his cronies. god damn obama's legacy is going to be completely and utterly ruined. there isn't anything he did that the republicans won't want to dismantle. in fact their stupid voters will demand it. democrats being the cowards that they are will go along with much of it instead of putting up a fight.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Because she had worse results in the districts that actually mattered. This should be self-evident.

Oh, so it's only the Rural districts that actually matter now?

Here's my conclusion:

Republicans have been depressing their own voter base by dog whistling....

Had they just ran openly racist/sexist/etc... instead of implicitly racist they might have won 2012 or even 08...

This is gonna string them along until, if we're lucky, the young gen really takes over and by then it'll be too late....

Hazmat

Thank you, media, for focusing nonstop on emails and then looking around confused tonight like "What? How did this get so close?"

Sorry. Fuck half this country. Fucking hope their racist asses end up in fucking bread lines.

I hope automation takes their fucking jobs so there is no fucking safety night.

Fuck. Country is fucked for 30+ years.

Paches

Our only hope is the Russian Orgy tape dropping and an impeachment. Even then, Pence is the prez, but at the world isn't at risk of nuclear war.

benjipwns

Banned
We just elected a fascist who controls every branch of gpvernment. I don't feel like I'm exaggerating by saying there will not be an election in 2020. This is it. This is the end.
Well, of course you don't feel like that. You went off the deep end some time ago probably.

Thanks for desiring compromise so much Obama.

I legitimately believe Comey's last minute partisan bullshit is what put Trump over the top.

Your desire to believe in Republicans will destroy your legacy.

ugh, just who are these people that waited until a week before the election to say "THESE EMAILS ARE TOO MUCH"

fuck comey

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Trump is winning because of record Republican turnout. That isn't Hilary's fault. That is Trump finally giving the rural white racist fucks exactly what they wanted all along in a political candidate.

This is fucking beyond the pale at this point. It is always the responsibility of the losing candidate that they lost. We *knew* that Trump was giving rural white racist fucks what they wanted. We've known that for ages. So why did we run a milquetoast candidate who most Democrats aren't enthused by and doesn't connect to the labour movement?

Seriously, look at yourselves.

I keep thinking I'm going to loose my shit but remember guys some of us lived through Bush. This is going to be as bad or worst but we made it out stronger than before I mean we survived a second depression sure we might be on our way to another but we know how to handle it. We shall overcome.

Bush didn't run on a platform of trying to make white people fear and hate minorities. I think America will still be there at the end of a Trump presidency (however it ends), but serious damage will be done.

kmag

"Don't blame Clinton."

Obama has sky high approval and generic D and generic R are neck and neck. It's obviously Clinton's fault. Like, don't pretend it isn't.

I don't know. Her votes seem commensurate with Obama's 2012 totals, it's the republican rural vote which has went through the roof. That might be in direct opposition to her I suppose but it looks to be more

This looks like the Brexit 'disenfranchised' vote turning out in unprecedented numbers and stopping the Urban Democratic vote from tipping the states.

Here's my conclusion:

Republicans have been depressing their own voter base by dog whistling....

Had they just ran openly racist/sexist/etc... instead of implicitly racist they might have won 2012 or even 08...

This is gonna string them along until, if we're lucky, the young gen really takes over and by then it'll be too late....

people keep saying that

But the young generation has racists just like the older generation. People have been saying 'Wait until the old people die' for the past 40 years or here.

rjinaz

Hitler and Putin both seized absolute power in their countries by staging false flag terror attacks on their own soil. You are delusional if you think Trump won't try the same thing.

The republic is over.

Let's not go alt right like with conspiracies. For years they said Obama would not give up the presidency and we laughed at them rightfully so. Let's not make them laugh.

Wow. It just keeps getting worse. Detroit Free Press rescinded their projection for Clinton in MI. Now it's "too close too call."

Just honestly sick to my stomach right now.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think he will be assassinated by then by someone. Too much hatred.

2 things why I am and am not worried about that.

1. There is tons of hate for President Obama and he had 2 full terms. That gives me hope.

2. A large portion of the voters think Trump is actually Hitler reborn. Out of all those people, if you were to ask them, "if you had a time machine, would you stop Hitler?", how many of them would say yes? That worries me. That's where this shitty discourse has taken us.

Maddness

Has nothing to do with her.

I don't see how you can even say that though. Not "nothing". If you just go look at even the shittiest republican boards you can see that some of these fuck sticks didn't care that it was even Trump. They would vote for a fucking rotten banana just so Clinton wouldn't be elected. You can't give her none of the blame. I don't think she deserves all of it, but holy shit don't go the other extreme also.

What's sad is that I'll be fine.

I'm white, straight, married, work in a growing job market, and I have a white kid with a white name.

It's everyone else who is fucked.

That's the tragedy. Everyone who isn't me or who looks like me.

this is me fam, minus the marriage or child (but have a house). i can't muster the appropriate amount of empathy for others but i'm trying. it's a tragedy all around and my state (nc) went fucking red and has me seeing red

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
We just elected a fascist who controls every branch of gpvernment. I don't feel like I'm exaggerating by saying there will not be an election in 2020. This is it. This is the end.

I hate to say this, but I kinda agree. These republicans aren't exactly interested in doing what's fair or civil and have proven time and time again to prefer the undemocratic route if it helps them keep power.

And there's zero question that trump as a person would have the character flaws to discount a democratic election.

Sianos

Well, looks like I'll be considering switching my trajectory towards a master's degree in machine intelligence.

Those jobs aren't coming back. Believe me.

I can redistribute the wealth myself!

So, we've got record turnout on both sides, but is it still even a majority of the whole eligible population? I mean don't national elections still clock in less than 50% of the voting-age public in actual votes?

If so, I gotta wonder how everyone who didn't bother to even register is going to feel tomorrow.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm not going to be able to sleep; I feel sick and can't focus right now.

Even Hillary would feel fucking awful for being responsible for setting back the country so far back. She didn't do this for shit and giggles.

Tbh.

She wanted to help this country and build on what Obama left; she didn't want this shitshow to be a reality.

Really do hope somehow Hillary pulls through. I'm a single dad of 2 young girls. To have someone of Trumps character as president is just sad. I sensed it coming, but I fuck I would rather be wrong.

It's crushing me that my 4 year old daughter will be 8 in 2020 her child ages are going to be with president Trump.

sazzy

People are morons confirmed

Sam SteinVerified account
‏@samsteinhp
Had my first Jill Stein supporter tell me he regrets his vote. Anyone else?

Fuchsdh

I get people are crushed, but shut the fuck up with this "he's going to turn dictator" bullshit. You guys are fucking loony conspiracy theorists. There's plenty to be upset about and real damage that can be done without freaking out on November 8 that he's gonna blow up the goddamn Reichstag.

BriGuy

People told me to "calm down," but my pessimism seems well-founded. It doesn't bring me any consolation.

I mean, the fucking laundry list of terrible things this guy has said and did and will do... and absolutely none of it mattered. I hope the democrats use whatever little power they have left to obstruct the shit out of his administration. They have a pretty good playbook to follow, and apparently you get rewarded handsomely for being despicable shits.

I'm not going to be able to afford healthcare. I won't be able to afford my epilepsy medicine. And I'm Latino. Things aren't looking good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom