• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

David PlouffeVerified account
‏@davidplouffe
Never been as wrong on anything on my life. Still a beating heart in WI and the 2 CDs. But sobriety about what happened tonight is essential

Dana Bash pretending like the FBI director's last minute bullshit had very little effect. It completely fucked with her messaging the last two weeks.

tbm24

Feel a heavy weight on my chest right now. This country showed me what it cares about. Not sure where to go from here.

The only counter for Racial Pandering, that is not countered by people who typically vote for said canidate sitting things out, is Racial Pandering. So I don't know.

Those people who disagreed with Trump yet still voted for him are the problem, they make it so Dems have no real options but to move to the right and start blaming immigrants and foreigners.

Clinton's turnout numbers leave me with no other suggestions...

No, racial pandering isn't the trick. It's anti-establishment. You got Obama winning and it's because he was a mix of change in the first election, and he was up against someone who was establishment who many Republicans would never want to back.

If anything, they should just continue to stick it to their won base, and get them fucking angry over the results of this year, and tell them to stick the fucking game plan. And keep them angry like how Fox News keeps their base consistently angry enough to vote when it counts.

And again, voter turnout is going to be another thing that killed Hillary's chances - if it was widely believed she'd win, that automatically decreases voter turnout. Same as if she doesn't motivate youth, which is ultimately something Bernie had but I don't think Hillary successfully utilized afterwards. We all know Bernie supporters were more or less split on how they would vote for Hillary.

I used to laugh whenever I saw those statistics about fundamentalist Christians who believed the end-times would happen in their lifetimes. Significantly more believable tonight.

I am so sorry for what everyone here is going through... I haven't seen more of my American friends and family more devastated as they are now. 2016 is the absolutely the worst year. I was thinking of migrating to the US for some job opportunities but I now I'll be staying in Canada... This is seriously the darkest timeline

Finalizer

That's what I'm hoping.

Privately, Repubs HAVE to know Donald is insane for the country.

It's not like they have to play ball with Trump themselves. God, how low it's come that we have to hope there's enough moderate conservatives in Congress to keep a leash on Trump.

AniHawk

I'm shocked to see this.

absolutely everything we could expect from this campaign and election should have given it to clinton. there was really no way it would be close at all.

she's going to lose wisconsin by 100k, michigan by just about as much, and she could lose pa and nh. 253 might be her best map and that seemed impossible this morning.

VariantX

Dana Bash pretending like the FBI director's last minute bullshit had very little effect. It completely fucked with her messaging the last two weeks.

Yep, people were already casting votes while this incident was fresh and stayed in the media cycle for a full week.

I know I shouldnt say this but I am considering suicide over this. This shit is causing me so much pain. I can never come out of the closet with the damage Trump will do.

I once asked myself, what's the point in living in a world where half of people are hateful hypocrites and other half doesn't seem to care? My answer to myself was, "Because if I was gone, the world would win".

Later in my life I have found a more optimistic view of people, because I have found out that people can change. Ultimately anger is born out of fear and you can fix that. Do not give up.

Toxi

Banned
I have no idea what I did for the rural white man to hate me so much, but so be it. I don't know what to do right now. I don't have the money to move out of Louisiana. Just looking at my situation right now, I'm fucked.

Making a list of what I need to do tomorrow. But I'm so depressed right now I can't even think straight.
At this point, I am pretty through with white rural America.

If you're going to make life shitty for us to send a message, then maybe it's time cityfolk send them one back.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I know I shouldnt say this but I am considering suicide over this. This shit is causing me so much pain. I can never come out of the closet with the damage Trump will do.

Call a helpline - they'll have someone willing to talk. It's not worth it. Presidents come and go, a life is once. Drop me a PM if you need a chat.

No white dudes should be committing suicide right now, we need to do everything we can to help Muslim Americans now. We have to fight and protest in the streets for their safety and humanity. Never Again.

Piecake

This is fucking beyond the pale at this point. It is always the responsibility of the losing candidate that they lost. We *knew* that Trump was giving rural white racist fucks what they wanted. We've known that for ages. So why did we run a milquetoast candidate who most Democrats aren't enthused by and doesn't connect to the labour movement?

Seriously, look at yourselves.

Labor movement? Lol. That doesn't exist. And your point would only make sense if turnout for Clinton was below average for a democratic presidential candidate, and it doesn't look like that is the case. She seems to be exceeding Obama's turnout.

Trump tapped into what the Republican voter actually wants and got record turnout. Clinton got good turnout for a democrat. Did she get amazing turnout like Trump? No, and we can fault her for that, but don't pretend then that some standard Democrat could have beaten Trump when Trump is exceeding the turnout of the standard Republican by a significant degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom