• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Democratic nominee for 2020 is going to be a total curveball. I just hope they're more Sanders than Corbyn.

Almost too gracious for this not being the birth of fascism in the North American continent.

Lets hope he is a closeted democrat. Let's hope he doesn't destroy the lives of my family, the economy and future of my country.

Let's hope.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Obama didn't have to worry about the huge unexpected turn out of white rural voters. It's possible hatred of Clinton could have been the motivating factor, but it seems more likely a liking of trump is the bigger factor.

I know economic populism doesn't sell to minorities or general republicans, but it could sell to these forgoten rural voters. Racism and sexism also sells to those voters, but I don't think we want to go that route.

Edit: And it's not even really about progressive vs conservative, it's just about promising something they can get excited about as something positive worth voting for.
Again, I just don't know how you sell these ideas to voters who continuously reject union rights, Wall Street reform, healthcare reform that could actually make the market function properly, etc, especially when the right can simply use those policies to stoke fear.

faisal233

Pretty sure they were still wrong. They amount of systemic error in the polls was historically bad. They are a poll based prediction site. If they had any inkling that the error could be that bad, they wouldn't trust their own model.

They gave trump a 30% chance and cited systemic polling error as a reason. They will come out the data winners of this because everyone else had it dead wrong. I'm sure this is not how Nate wanted to come ahead.

BTW, some of you need to log off for the night.

Cyriades

538 was the only site pointing out something was wrong, and there was too much uncertainty
360_russia_hacker_0407.jpg

He has no party loyalty. We don't know where this is going.

This is what I'm wondering. He wants to be popular. he may move back left and pick and choose things that are loved by most the nation. Only place I think he is gonna have a hard time bullshiting is foreign policy.

Zackat

Dems have been very mobilized this election and just got decimated by someone with ZERO ground game

What can we even do right now?

who knows, but we have to do something. I can't stand for this in the white house. Like our moral fiber was tested tonight, and we were found wanting.

Crosseyes

Banned
Almost too gracious for this not being the birth of fascism in the North American continent.

Lets hope he is a closeted democrat. Let's hope he doesn't destroy the lives of my family, the economy and future of my country.

Let's hope.
Hope is all we can have now.

Because the power to do anything is gone.

So, uh...what happens to data analysis industry in presidential elections, now?

Polling, ground game, voter data file analysis...it all meant nothing. They were all wrong. Even Trump's team was wrong.

And political ads mean nothing, too? At least in Presidential elections?

kmag

Looking back, the lack of a concrete simple central theme seems bizarre. "More of the same" and "not him" are hardly barnbusters.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
clinton fucking failed in 2008

why the fuck did she run again

The question isn't why did she run again.

It's why the party let her run almost unopposed. The fact that an unknown like Bernie was able to amass as much vote as he did should have been a tell.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Polling, ground game, voter data file analysis...it all meant nothing. They were all wrong. Even Trump's team was wrong.

I don't know

Magni

you're gonna have to

what happened tonight

is that all the racist people, all the 'invisible' voters came out to vote for trump. They outnumber us. They will continue outnumbering us. Even black people and mexican people voted for trump despite what he said. fingers feel light now. race traitors against dems. we have to reach across the aisle cause we ain't winning any other way. obama had a troubled presidency because of republican obstruction. clinton was the last presiden who kinda did ok?

it's fucking horrific. You can try to keep your morals, the truth is those morals mean shit against the majority.

Do they outnumber us? It seems more like our side couldn't be bothered to vote. Trump has less votes than Romney did. (Granted, there's still some votes to count, but it doesn't look like he's getting to Obama's 2012 levels).

kirblar

It's why the party let her run almost unopposed. The fact that an unknown like Bernie was able to amass as much vote as he did should have been a tell.
Because of what happened w/ Bernie in the primaries where he hurt her badly with parts of the base.

All worthless crap

Because no one could tell her no.

Arrogant and selfish.

fucking

trump is right

fucking elites, jerking off their own. Clinton is part of the elite unfortunately. And the people said no.

fuck them all

fuck the dnc

fuck fuck fuck

Do they outnumber us? It seems more like our side couldn't be bothered to vote. Trump has less votes than Romney did. (Granted, there's still some votes to count, but it doesn't look like he's getting to Obama's 2012 levels).

No they outnumber us

they do

Angry Fork

clinton fucking failed in 2008

why the fuck did she run again

Ego and entitlement, something the Clinton's have always had. It's sad the lefties/activists in the party weren't strong enough to prevent her from running and choosing Warren or Bernie instead.

For all the shit about Bernie being the better choice, Warren would've done even better than Bernie imo. I wish so bad it was her instead.

stupei

we had the best ground game

we outspent trump at every turn

we had an incumbent party

and we failed

it doesn't fucking matter

you can say 'oh we'll mobilize' THAT IS A FUCKING LIE. LOOK AT US TODAY. WE ALL CALLED TRUMP THE WORST. AND WE FUCKING LOST.

To be fair, America really hates women and minorities.

Trusting America to not be deeply awful was our real mistake.

Hillary will have this hanging over her for the rest of her life. I doubt she'll recover from this.

As much as I'm sad for myself and my country, I feel honestly awful for her. Already seeing so many people call the woman heartless and selfish for just trying to do her job, as one of the most qualified people to ever attempt it.

I get that people are pissed, but imagine how she feels. This is her legacy: that America hated her so much that they picked the least qualified candidate in history instead.

Ego and entitlement, something the Clinton's have always had. It's sad the lefties/activists in the party weren't strong enough to prevent her from running and choosing Warren or Bernie instead.

For all the shit about Bernie being the better choice, Warren would've done even better than Bernie imo. I wish so bad it was her instead.

Isn't the story that Warren didn't want it and thought she'd do more good in Congress?

I guess at the time she wasn't aware we'd be facing the end of days.

bomma_man

Term limits were a terrible idea.

Yep, there're gonna be some great books about this (provided the first amendment survives).

bachikarn

Think it was a fluke year. Pollsters will also try and figure out who the under sampled and compensate.

I guess when only 33% of your population votes, there is always a possibility that a large group of voters will come out of no where to vote.

Turnout was 112 million, the lowest since 107 million in 2000.

Dems didn't show up.

kirblar

To be fair, America really hates women and minorities.

Trusting America to not be deeply awful was our real mistake.

As much as I'm sad for myself and my country, I feel honestly awful for her. Already seeing so many people call the woman heartless and selfish for just trying to do her job, as one of the most qualified people to ever attempt it.

I get that people are pissed, but imagine how she feels. This is her legacy: that America hated her so much that they picked the least qualified candidate in history instead.
It's more "completely lacking in self-awareness" (this is part of why she's bad at being a politician)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom