• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
Ugh, I'm actually even more terrified about the people Trump surrounds himself with. I mean, Rudy Fucking Guiliani is probably going to be Attorney General.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Because of what happened w/ Bernie in the primaries where he hurt her badly with parts of the base.

Bernie didn't do that. The damage was already there. She never really lost voters through the primary. She just failed to gain people who didn't automatically pick her.

To be fair, America really hates women and minorities.

Trusting America to not be deeply awful was our real mistake.

stupei I'm sad

in britan the uk they left the UN because they were afraid of minorities

in the us they elected trump becuase fuck minorities

this world is fucking awful

I'm sad

this is sad

I hate this

oppression wins

hate trumps love

fear wins again

Roosevelt

You said we had nothing to fear but fear itself, but it's wrong. hate is something to be feared. Roosevelt you were a great president. Why aren't you hear to fight against the fear. fear wins. fear always wins. Roosevelt why are we here. I looked up to you when I was a child. nothing to fear but fear itself. fear won today. it won

Think it was a fluke year. Pollsters will also try and figure out who the under sampled and compensate.

I guess when only 33% of your population votes, there is always a possibility that a large group of voters will come out of no where to vote.

But who is going to pay for this shit if that's could happen? At the Pres level, of course.

The God

So, uh...what happens to data analysis industry in presidential elections, now?

Polling, ground game, voter data file analysis...it all meant nothing. They were all wrong. Even Trump's team was wrong.

And political ads mean nothing, too? At least in Presidential elections?

Curious about this. Could this change the way we look at data going forward?

Sibylus

Banned
Almost too gracious for this not being the birth of fascism in the North American continent.

Lets hope he is a closeted democrat. Let's hope he doesn't destroy the lives of my family, the economy and future of my country.

Let's hope.

He can afford to be gracious- he's won.

The knives come out later if someone gives him trouble.

Veelk

Banned
Brian Pedaci ‏@bpedaci
BRITAIN: Brexit is the stupidest, most self-destructive act a country could undertake.
USA: Hold my beer.

why

why why why

why why why why why

Its Donald Fucking Trump

everyone I know knew how dangerous he was

enthusiasm for the first woman president seemed to be a real thing

I am aghast that turnout was down

That's the problem right there. "It's Donald Trump, nobody could vote for that idiot. I'll just make a drinking game out of the whole thing and watch."

stupei

It's more "completely lacking in self-awareness" (this is part of why she's bad at being a politician)

She's like an awkward nerd with overly earnest good intentions who is vaguely aware that she comes across poorly but doesn't know how to fix it so she's stopped being overly introspective for fear of what she'll find.

Zackat

why

why why why

why why why why why

Its Donald Fucking Trump

fucking millennials.

I am almost certain it was them with their "both sides" horseshit garbage.

State governments have a little more sway than a president?

I keep thinking to myself that it's ok because I live in California. Is it really??? Honest question

Joeytj

Banned
Nobody on that stage can believe what's happening. Reince Prebius looks like shit.

Trump doesn't even look like he wanted the job in the end.

Angry Fork

Isn't the story that Warren didn't want it and thought she'd do more good in Congress?

I guess at the time she wasn't aware we'd be facing the end of days.

Yea I remember reading that. But then later on when she had a chance to do something interesting by maybe picking her as VP she went for .....Tim Kaine. zzZZzZZz

Obviously we don't know if she asked Warren but I very much doubt she even tried so that she wouldn't have to deal with a progressive person in her ear all the time. I don't think even Warren as VP would've helped her win in this scenario though.

KingBroly

Banned
So, uh...what happens to data analysis industry in presidential elections, now?

Polling, ground game, voter data file analysis...it all meant nothing. They were all wrong. Even Trump's team was wrong.

And political ads mean nothing, too? At least in Presidential elections?

It's very simple as to why this happened. The Bradley Effect, which states that if you sense there's an open opposition to your views, you're going to hide it. Considering the things Trump supporters have been called over the course of this campaign, along with its' volatility, it makes perfect sense why that vote happened. When I started looking into the polling data weeks ago, I could tell that there were oddities that made me think 'yup, he's got a shot at this.'

The mainstream media, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, the Republican party, its' candidates, the Democratic party and Hillary Clinton, got beat by a rookie. For the highest office in the land. It's going to take a long time for the people invested on her side to cope with this result.

Fox318

why

why why why

why why why why why

Its Donald Fucking Trump

She didn't connect and she never won over her own party.

Her being the first female president didn't matter to people and it didn't matter to women who didn't vote for her.

nothign to fear but fear itself

no thats not true

its not true at all

clinton was our firewall. here we are. obama is a black president. he fucking did the impossible. here we are

I looked up to fdr. nothing to fear but fear himself. hatred we should fear. oppresison we should feear. historic moment maybe, but a horrible one. oh my god. here we are. fuck the dnc. fuck democrats. fuck all people who voted 3rd party. nothing to fear but fear itself is a lie

The "Wall Street" stuff absolutely hurt her. He poisoned the well.

She poisoned it herself. Again, why is Bernie's fault that Clinton was so flawed? Because he pointed it out? As if Trump wouldn't have used that attack too?

Time to stop justifying the historical mistake dems made by choosing Clinton lol

sazzy

John McCormack
‏@McCormackJohn
Wisconsin 2012: Obama 1.6 million, Romney 1.4 million

Wisconsin 2016: Trump 1.39 million, Clinton 1.31 million

mjp2417

Banned
That was the least excited I've ever seen someone to be declared president. Like, that was the demeanor I would have expected from his concession speech.

Dierce

America is never going to be the same
Truly the end of an era and in the worst way
This is what people need to understand. trump got away with being a complete racist, sexist, not releasing tax retuns, lying more than any candidate in presidential hitory and pretty much insulting everyone except for dictators. There is no coming back from that, it is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom