• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What the heck are the polling aggregates going to do for the future. Even Nate's model was crazy off.

Polling in general was insanely off. There isn't a statistical model in the universe that could have caught this outcome with the information we had. Had we known this is how the race looked in the summer, I can guarantee you it would have been played differently. Clinton's team was running the most data driven campaign we've ever seen and their inputs were wrong the whole time. If they made a mistake, that was it. Maybe they should have gone more traditional and not tried to expand the map at all.

I'll message you tomorrow

Don't leave dude, but hit me up if you do. Or at least stay in touch.

sazzy

Epic failure on Clinton's campaign on missing this

1iyEzZ.png

LMAO. The electorate just rejected an old liberal white woman. Good luck with that.
And 4 years before they rejected an old, conservative white man and here we are.

Warren also doesn't have the (unfair) baggage that Clinton has. I don't know what to do at this point, but it's clear policy is less important than we ever thought considering Trump did a 180 on some popular Republican positions and still came out unscathed.

"Economic anxiety at brown people."
Sure.

Trump launched his political career on the back of calling the first black President a foreign-born Muslim.
He launched his campaign calling Mexicans rapists.
He celebrates being "right" about a Muslim shooting up a gay nightclub to justify his ban on them.
He talks about "these people" i.e. black people, brown people, taking the election stoking fears about how "there's something going on here."

On the plus side, look, all those poorer voters who don't vote that liberals are always talking about came out and voted. For Trump.
And 4 years before they rejected an old, conservative white man and here we are.

Warren also doesn't have the (unfair) baggage that Clinton has. I don't know what to do at this point, but it's clear policy is less important than we ever thought considering Trump did a 180 on some popular Republican positions and still came out unscathed.
Yeh. I'm sure Donald Trump wouldn't be able to get his coalition of the shittastic to come out against a Warren.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
People talking about polls. Nationally speaking, Clinton performed basically in-line with the national polls, exceeding many of them: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/national-polls/

The problem was undecideds. There is nothing polling can do if people haven't decided or are unwilling to commit an answer.

The problem with polling is that the aggregates underestimated undecided votes.

It wasn't so much the undecided as the unreliable. Trump won thanks to the unreliable voters who almost never turn out.

I fucking hate that Obama has to go through the final humiliation of being present in Trump's inauguration event.

Scary part. White majority exists. race traitors exist. anger and fear wins over rationality. I've been told minorities will rise as the majority. white people aren't as many. It feels like it's bene a lie. I always believe mexicans would be a force in america. it was a lie. My race is a failure. mexico bene fucked, fucked further.

pigeon

Banned
I think it's just more likely that millenials are still a massively progressive block but that those supporting trump turned out while more stayed home because Hillary

They were probably too busy on Election Day working on their hot takes on how Bernie would have done better.

Observation: The tea party weirdos of the House might actually step up and oppose Trump proposals with Democrats since alllllllllllll of them drive the deficit and debt up. Though I don't hold out hope on this. They'll cave to get most of what they wanted and suffer no consequences for it.

mo60

Scary part. White majority exists. race traitors exist. anger and fear wins over rationality. I've been told minorities will rise as the majority. white people aren't as many. It feels like it's bene a lie. I always believe mexicans would be a force in america. it was a lie. My race is a failure. mexico bene fucked, fucked further.

Looking at election results in some places like in the south and southwest they did vote in big numbers but it was not enough to prevent trump from winning this election

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
My girlfriend told me tonight that tonight's results is questioning whether she ever wants to have kids, anymore. Which would devastate me if true.

My wife and I have been trying to conceive our second but we are having reservations at the moment. We both still want another kid but we want to make sure we can afford it...

I just don't know if I can get excited for an election to stop him. At least with someone like Kerry there was always some doubt even though election day gave some hope. I don't think I'll ever be able watch election day the same way again.

I will do my best to fight him but it feels so futile at this point. I hope everyone here can stay together as a community through thjs

Looking at election results in some places like in the south and southwest they did vote in big numbers but it was not enough to prevent trump from winning this election

the white majority was just ibgger

it just was

every minority may ahve voted but white majority was greater and more fueled to vote than minority. Minorities were insulted and yet the white majority was more fueled to vote.

Record turnouts sure, but that didn't mean anything. Record turnouts for minorities, the majority eclipsed them. Please trump don't sleep on climate change. its' a real thing. I don't want my children to live in a world where the heat will kill them.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Observation: The tea party weirdos of the House might actually step up and oppose Trump proposals with Democrats since alllllllllllll of them drive the deficit and debt up. Though I don't hold out hope on this. They'll cave to get most of what they wanted and suffer no consequences for it.

LOL

They don't care about either of those things...

mo60

I just don't know if I can get excited for an election to stop him. At least with someone like Kerry there was always some doubt even though election day gave some hope. I don't think I'll ever be able watch election day the same way again.

Look at it this way. The GOP and trump can't ignore how bad trump did in some states today especially in the southeast and southwest. Trump and the GOP are lucky that none of the traditional red states he won by like 4 or 5 points in the south flipped this election.

PInk Tape

Banned
I am considering this. The idea of violent people trying to track me down from my angry posts on the internet seems absurd, but at this moment it turns out I don't understand the limits of white nationalism in America.

I totally understand and can't blame you for considering that. I'll miss your posts and opinions of certain subjects though :(

Good luck and I hope for the best for you and your family if you choose to leave.

Seriously though, how are we expecting the dollar to do tomorrow?

Honestly? Not very well.

Phased

I will do my best to fight him but it feels so futile at this point. I hope everyone here can stay together as a community through thjs

With a good charismatic candidate I can see myself being hyped. Who that is going to be is going to be the real question.

I hope the DNC does some serious soul searching. I'm convinced a solid candidate who is also charming like Obama can win.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Going to crash. Stock market will too.

Ours won't be the only one either. No one is going to like this development.

With a good charismatic candidate I can see myself being hyped. Who that is going to be is going to be the real question.

I hope the DNC does some serious soul searching. I'm convinced a solid candidate who is also charming like Obama can win.

Obama's a once in a generation politician. We won't see anyone like him for a long time. People need to learn that hardly anyone is Obama level.

Jooney

EIther they.

A) Try to work with senate republicans
and
B) Try to wait until the midterms or next presidential election

A) I think this will happen.

B) 2018 senate map not good for dems - which would mean there would have to be drastic change in the electorate

Pixieking

Banned
Hassan is closing in on Ayotte. Just short of a 1500 votes, with about 7% left. It seems unlikely, but if it does go Blue, then that's not too bad... Just a couple of Repubs short of stopping legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom