• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

labx

Banned
I'm sorry for USA, acountry thst is lead by a TV reality star. It seems USA never pass the 80s and wanted a cartoonist Bully as president. Since the first days if Trump campaign I asked several times here that what are the odds, people laughed at me and even said that I didn't understand how politics work in USA because I'm not from there. This election wasn't about politics was about basic emotions trigger by a narcissist and sociopath. Never underestimate the willing of a Cluster B Personality person. The more you laugh at them the more you encourage them to succeed in their endeavours. You played yourself by the cockiness and confidence and underestimate the voice of ignorance. USA isn't a country of big stars, great thinkers, the greatest writers, etc., Is a place of TV daytime TV starts and celebrities from the 80s. USA citizen are more eager to smoke weed that to make a good example to the world. Your survivalist bias is in full throttle right now. Thanks for make the world and scariest place. Thanks for showing the world that anybody can be a leader no matter what principles they might have.

For the people who said to me "not a chance", "lol", "you don't understand", "stop cherry picking facts", "stop with the bad sources"... Yep this is what happens when you are so blinded by "logic". Btw I'm from the country that said NO to peace and logic (just like yours)... After 50 years of war.

People in the world are split in half when they look at you: half of the world thin S that you are the finest and the beacon of hope. the other half sees at you like the true evil. And yesterday you gave the second half all the arguments to hate and don't trust on what USA stands for.

You as a nation have to do some internal work and stop saying "we got this". You are far of getting anything right now. And I'm deeply sorry that you were your own worst enemy.

Vahagn

Ok. enough getting depressed. What do we do? What's our plan moving forward?

White liberals have to start leaving coastal cities. Minorities will have a tough time blending into battlegrounds but white liberals have to make the trek. Keep their voices silent and vote religiously for everything.

Any other more practical solutions?

Pixieking

Banned
I don't know what to think about that. I mean is leaving going to fix anything?

Given what some of the hidden Trump voters were saying, yeah, it might help. But also, taking a step back from here, you can reassess, so maybe that's what's happening. I've not really taken a step back all night/morning, but my priorities have changed dramatically with this result. Really wishing I hadn't pre-ordered and redeemed the key for Tyranny, for instance. (And not just because of the irony - Spending £30 on a game after this result seems... morbid. Like videogames are just worth less now.)

Until we see what starts to unfold...nothing.

They literally will control every branch of government within a few months and Obama will essentially be wiped from existence.

Also please stay pigeon. Do what's best for you but this community is helpful to a lot of people.

Trump still leading in New Hampshire. It would be crazy if he managed to turn a new england state red. That Tom Brady/Bellicek speech yesterday may have been the difference there.

diaspora

White liberals have to start leaving coastal cities. Minorities will have a tough time blending into battlegrounds but white liberals have to make the trek. Keep their voices silent and vote religiously for everything.

Any other more practical solutions?

midterms 2018

VRMN

Work with reasonable Republicans to moderate and oppose Trump's agenda and regroup for 2018. Maybe the shitstorm he's going to cause will finally get Democrats to fucking vote in a midterm.

Phased

Rebuild the DNC from the ground up. Their credibility is legitimately messed up with all the help they gave Clinton in the primary's. I think that demoralised a lot of Democrats.

Move the old guard somewhere behind the scenes and start showcasing fresh faces. The nation has been loud and clear they want a change candidate. I think we start looking now.

Vahagn

We never show up in midterms. They're going to systematically dismantle the Obama coalition. What do we do, not, when's the next vote.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
We never show up in midterms. They're going to systematically dismantle the Obama coalition. What do we do, not, when's the next vote.

the senate will have a super majority by the time his presidency is through.

god forbid it is 8 years...

VRMN

Guess what? If that shit don't change, "what do we do?" doesn't either. You have to hope some sane Republicans will work with Democrats to block the more outrageous shit Trump wants. He has near ultimate power; the SCOTUS, the Congress, and the states will largely ratify his decisions unless enough of his party stands up to him.

Track record these past 18 months says they don't.

Eusis

:( :(

:( :(

Stay safe friends.

Fuck fascists and racists.
It's definitely tempting, albeit for other reasons. But I'll sit this out and watch and see what actually happens.

But, fuck, tonight was rough and I had to ask to leave work early. Couldn't handle jumping into retail work right as everything started to collapse. :(

Zackat

I am gonna stay my ass in Florida probably. I was thinking about moving out west but it is fucking clear that liberals need to stay in battleground states.

Tubie

I'm mostly a lurker, but I really loved Adam's posts and gifs.

I'm gonna miss you a lot Adam, I hope you (and all of us really) can recover from this soon.

Eusis

Just occured to me that Assange has almost definitely got his ticket out of the Ecuadorian embassy.
I kinda wish that ends up being a trap. As in his usefulness is over and he's proven that he will act against American interests, so lock him away and throw away the key if we catch him. Pretty much a typical evil ruler type act, but may as well fucking run with it.

Piecake

Guess what? If that shit don't change, "what do we do?" doesn't either. You have to hope some sane Republicans will work with Democrats to block the more outrageous shit Trump wants. He has near ultimate power; the SCOTUS, the Congress, and the states will largely ratify his decisions unless enough of his party stands up to him.

Track record these past 18 months says they don't.

They are proven cowards. I have absolutely no faith in them. The only thing that will save us from any crazy shit is the filibuster.

Well this sucks. I feel so bad for Obama. The guy who questioned his birth if now President.

So now Obamacare will be repealed.
Conservative supreme Court.
Paul Ryan tax plan
Paul Ryan finance stuff

The only hope is that by 2018 the veil has lifted off it all.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I kinda wish that ends up being a trap. As in his usefulness is over and he's proven that he will act against American interests, so lock him away and throw away the key if we catch him. Pretty much a typical evil ruler type act, but may as well fucking run with it.

I hope that he returns and faces the rule of law

VRMN

They are proven cowards. I have absolutely no faith in them. The only thing that will save us from any crazy shit is the filibuster.
Yeah, that thing's probably gone too unless you have a couple Republicans willing to keep it around.

dems have no teeth

never had

always had to reach over aisle. it was always centrist leftists, never nectrist right. democrats never had teeth. They work for minorities, if they bare teeth than they scare minorities. republicans insult all damn day. all damn day. get cheered. democrats try it? "Campaign of hate. Campaign of misleading.'. Democrats are failures. They failed to protect minorites. what do they care, theyr'e majorly white. What do they fucking care. fuck them. fuck them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Since, it's turned a bit into meta-discussion. He has requested this, and is free to come back whenever he wants.

Ah, it did not look like a regular ban as the username was replaced by the userid.

AniHawk

i guess this will probably begin my long absence from poligaf. maybe i'll try to ignore politics for a couple years. i don't think it'll be easy. there's nothing about this that is good.

it's been a crazy time and it helped keep me sane in the last couple months. the one time i didn't meltdown and it was absolutely worthy of one. fuck.

best of luck to all of you. especially if you aren't a white male. take care and stay safe.

Ok what are the chances of roe v. wade and gay marriage getting repealed?

I'm not actually about to live in a country where abortions and gay marriage are illegal am I

PoliGAF is now the resistance. Trump is an illegitimate president. He is going to lose the popular vote. Turnout is the lowest it's been for 16 years. We need a recall or snap election. America made a mistake.

i guess this will probably begin my long absence from poligaf. maybe i'll try to ignore politics for a couple years. i don't think it'll be easy. there's nothing about this that is good.

I just started visiting a couple months ago.

PoliGAF, you're good people, but I wish I never came here.
This country is fucking hopeless. Even during the Bush Jr. wins I haven't felt this bad.

sazzy

Kellyanne is coming up on CNN

I'm interested in seeing if she seems shocked at the results or regretful about what she's helped do to the US.

Piecake

Yeah, that thing's probably gone too unless you have a couple Republicans willing to keep it around.

They would be wise to keep it so they can put forward crazy bills that appeal to their base, but then get blocked by the filibuster. While they are cowards, I don't think a lot of republicans want Trump's crazy legislation to pass. Fillibuster provides them a good reason, and they can continue blaming the democrats for Republicans having no ideas but spending/tux cuts and taking away rights.

Phased

It's a shame to see so many people go or potentially go. I didn't interact with many people here or on discord but it was always pleasant.

The only thing I'd say to everyone leaving is I hope you all come back eventually.

We need all the voices we can get right now because pretty soon the discussion is going to shift towards the future, and we'll be worse off if we have less diverse opinions on where to go from here.

Losing is soul crushing. Perspective helps. Hope to see everyone back here eventually.

PoliGAF is now the resistance. Trump is an illegitimate president. He is going to lose the popular vote. Turnout is the lowest it's been for 16 years. We need a recall or snap election. America made a mistake.

good luck

tonight has shown that white people rule america. they will continue rulling america. everyone wants to be part of the white. It's a sad sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom