• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
White people really needed to have white friends in Kansas.

So impressive that after the GOP set Kansas on fire that they get to have their agenda passed on a federal level.

Paul Ryan is really going to eliminate Medicaid and food stamps and that will suck so badly.

There's a lot of nuance I'm probably missing here, but the fact that half the country didn't vote is a fucking farce.

Voter suppression, lack of excitement to vote...it's a combination of these two things that lowered the amount of votes. People weren't excited enough for HIllary to vote for her unlike Obama the past 2 elections.

Just a sense of dread over me lately. I feel immense pressure. We're all walking into the wolves mouth, and people are letting it willingly happen. "Peaceful transition of power". And what, let this person undo plans that are good for the earth like climate change? For immigration? For lgbt? We're just suppose to sit down and let it happen?

"Wait till 2018"

By then they can undo everything. By then it won't matter.

This is a joke right? We're just going to sit down and take it up the ass?

We can make it to 2018.

Do what GOP always does... Cram it down their fucking throats. Bog down their call centers... Create bots to send mass emails telling representatives to fuck off on bills. Spread mis information like wild fire. Drown out what they want to do...

We can make it to 2018.

Do what GOP always does... Cram it down their fucking throats. Bog down their call centers... Create bots to send mass emails telling representatives to fuck off on bills. Spread mis information like wild fire. Drown out what they want to do...

"We go high"

MIchelle Obamas statement is damaging. Dems will never stoop to GOPs levels. Not after a mandate from her stuck to everyone. "When they go low, we go high". Good luck getting Democrats to do dirty tactics to try and stall what the Republicans do.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Voter suppression, lack of excitement to vote...it's a combination of these two things that lowered the amount of votes. People weren't excited enough for HIllary to vote for her unlike Obama the past 2 elections.

I am almost wondering if Bernie going too far in the primary created irreversible damage to Hillary in the eyes of his supporters. Trump used his words against her

benjipwns

Banned
Hillary wasn't as good of a candidate as John Kerry, but I liked her a lot.
Good god man. I hate Hillary as much as America apparently but John Kerry? JOHN KERRY AND I'M REPORTING FOR DUTY JOHN KERRY?

I once had a theory and I actually charted it where I compared John Kerry's frontpage mentions on the NYT compared to his poll numbers. They went down everytime he actually appeared to give a speech or had a big campaign event and then went back up as became the faceless Anti-Bush.

"We go high"

MIchelle Obamas statement is damaging. Dems will never stoop to GOPs levels. Not after a mandate from her stuck to everyone. "When they go low, we go high". Good luck getting Democrats to do dirty tactics to try and stall what the Republicans do.

I'm not saying we abandon our principals... But we start calling what it is what it is. They want to say they aren't racists and sexists... Well guess fucking what... you are and you abide by it and I will be there to remind you everytime that you are when you say you're not. That's what I mean by drown them the fuck out.

Good god man. I hate Hillary as much as America apparently but John Kerry? JOHN KERRY AND I'M REPORTING FOR DUTY JOHN KERRY?

I once had a theory and I actually charted it where I compared John Kerry's frontpage mentions on the NYT compared to his poll numbers. They went down everytime he actually appeared to give a speech or had a big campaign event and then went back up as became the faceless Anti-Bush.

I LIKED JOHN KERRY, OKAY. :mad:

John Kerry's debates were pretty sharp performances I thought.

Fair.

I think that's really really stupid. But hair enough.

image.php

Trump knew who he was talking to with the "rigged".bullshit. And the anti-media bullshit. Didn't "Clinton News Network" start as a Berner thing?

He kept saying Rigged

He kept mentioning the DNC rigged it against Bernie

He knew what he was doing. Or maybe it was a fluke. Either way the email leaks for the DNC fucking hurt.

Totakeke

"We go high"

As if we need to find more reasons for Michelle Obama to despise politics. She doesn't owe this America anything, she shouldn't disguise herself as Hillary did for politics. She's too good for America. She should just be herself and do whatever she wants, and I'm guessing her family comes first.

benjipwns

Banned
The funny thing is that Hillary is the only of the last five first ladies to not absolutely despise politics. She enjoys it. But I think every single one of them except maybe Nancy could have been an really capable politician. Barbara, Laura and Michelle were all pretty great at it when forced into it.

I LIKED JOHN KERRY, OKAY. :mad:

John Kerry's debates were pretty sharp performances I thought.
First the Graham avatar, now this. It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Trump knew who he was talking to with the "rigged".bullshit. And the anti-media bullshit. Didn't "Clinton News Network" start as a Berner thing?
Oh god no, that came from the 1990s. Rush Limbaugh may not have started it but he certainly popularized it on his radio/TV show.

First the Graham avatar, now this. It's like I don't even know you anymore.

I have to pretend that Graham's certain failure in protecting Ukraine and the rest of Eastern Europe isn't going to happen and that Graham will keep NATO together.

I need one more Republican to let me down completely in life.

CNN has been Clinton News Network from the days of Bill as Pres. Keep trying to blame Bernie or whatever Berner stands for.

It was a pretty common term for Bernie supporters in the primaries. And not like a derogatory one either it was used in a self-identifying context often.

I'm not blaming Bernie but I think it's fair to say he caused some irreparable damage to Clinton'a turnout and some of his supporters ended up going for Trump instead.

mackaveli

*votes for Stein/Johnson/Write-in Bernie/No one*
"See, told you she would lose!"

Yeah I just still don't understand why the bernie or bust movement is all perfectly fine in their eyes and everyone else who voted for Hillary would just be fine with it and not create the Hillary or bust movement if the nomination was snatched from Hillary.

What failed the democratic party is that the coalition broke down because we weren't as united as we thought.

Republicans all came home on election day. When it mattered they came out so they may have second thoughts in the polling but when it mattered they voted for their guy.

When it mattered for Democrats they either got voter suppression, voted third party, stayed home or worst voted for Trump.

Weren't there more democrats voted for Trump then republicans voted for Hillary which in everyone's mind before Tuesday would have been the complete opposite.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Now wait, John Kerry now or John Kerry twelve years ago.

Both? I definitely like him a lot more now and in retrospect because of what he has done as SoS

I voted for him over Bush, too so there's that. He's my first and only presidential vote in a polling booth

So let's see.

Rudy stop-and-frisk vampire Giuliani will be AG.

Newt ethics violation cheated on his cancer patient wife Gingrich will be Sec State.

Steve profited on foreclosures and Madoff fraud Mnuchin man of the people will be Treasury Secretary.

Oh and a climate change denier as Sec Energy.

So let's see.

Rudy stop-and-frisk vampire Giuliani will be AG.

Newt ethics violation cheated on his cancer patient wife Gingrich will be Sec State.

Steve profited on foreclosures and Madoff fraud Mnuchin man of the people will be Treasury Secretary.

Oh and a climate change denier as Sec Energy.
And a GOP supermajority in 2 years yeah.

numble

She shouldn't have. I think it was dumb to deny she supports free trade.

This populist protectionist routine people are proposing isn't going to work. Because the Trumps do it better with a heavy dose of yummy nationalism, racism and xenophobia to go with it.

Trade liberalisation hurts selected areas while benefitting the whole. Democrats should do something about those impacted better. That doesn't mean 30% tariffs.
Obama did it very well in 2008 and 2012. He campaigned against NAFTA in 2008. He had ads accusing Romney of outsourcing Rust Belt jobs in 2012.

The exit polls showed Hillary lost Rust Belt union voters that had gone for Obama.

Obama, Biden, Sanders, Warren, John Edwards (before he was doomed by scandals), even Bill Clinton all pandered very well to these voters.

ObamaNAFTA_resize.jpg

Obama_NAFTA.jpg

aflmccainback.jpg

OutsourcingadMay1.png

hqdefault.jpg

These positions and voters were a part of the Obama coalition. Ceding them to Trump was a mistake. No other national Republicans run on such positions, and it really doesn't make political sense to abandon them in the future.

mo60

Even though I don't like that trump is now going to be the next president of the US I just recognized that trump winning this election delayed the inevitable lesson republicans have to learn to win elections in the future. Trump may make make things worse for the republicans after his presidency.The republicans can't rely on democrats being demoralized in presidential elections to win them in the future if they are going to be capped around 59 million votes.

Even though I don't like that trump is now going to be the next president of the US I just recognized that trump winning this election delayed the inevitable lesson republicans have to learn to win elections in the future. Trump may make make things worse for the republicans after his presidency.The republicans can't rely on democrats being demoralized in presidential elections to win them in the future if they are going to be capped around 59 million votes.

Especially as demographics continue to shift. If I recall, white voters as a percentage of turnout were 2% lower than 2012, even with depressed dem turnout. Down to 70% from 72%.

Logically, I get why that's a good thing in the future, and why if Dems have a candidate with far less baggage than Hillary in 2020 they have a very good chance. But I will also make the assumption that Trump will win in 2020 because he is a magical orange man who defies logic.

So I guess liberals do just want a super "authentic" person to lie to them. President Obama has been pro-trade liberalisation. And there's no point telling the Rust Belt their old economy jobs are coming back. Because they aren't.

I've only slept 3 hours since Tuesday morning and I'm still just like too pissed off to relax and fall asleep. The ACA isn't even repealed yet and this election is already affecting my health.

pigeon

Banned
Especially as demographics continue to shift. If I recall, white voters as a percentage of turnout were 2% lower than 2012, even with depressed dem turnout. Down to 70% from 72%.

Demographics won't continue to shift in a country that oppresses people of color, allows their victimization, and ends immigration. People of color will simply leave or stop coming.

White people wanted to remain the majority and they voted for the solution.

Demographics won't continue to shift in a country that oppresses people of color, allows their victimization, and ends immigration. People of color will simply leave or stop coming.

White people wanted to remain the majority and they voted for the solution.

You can't stop people from making babies.

Alright one last time I don't get how the guy who lost the primary by ridiculous margins is suddenly Savior of the party and now we need like purity tests and shit.

But hey what do I know I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom