• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
WBUR

Massachusetts

Clinton 49
Sanders 44

"People are praying for me" "The U.S. has become a dumping ground" "We need global warming" Donald "My twitter has become so powerful" Trump 40
Rubio 19
Kasich 19
Cruz 10
Carson 5

I'd love this to be true.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Told you Rubio would win this debate and now it is all going to fall apart. I AM SO SHOOK

Trump you shit! You had one job. How can you be stumped by the rubot??
You guys are panicking too much. Rubio just landed a few jabs, nowhere near enough to deal real damage.

You're right. Rubio is swinging wild, but the ship has long sailed. Maybe he if started like this primary would've been different.

HylianTom

Banned
You guys are panicking too much. Rubio just landed a few jabs, nowhere near enough to deal real damage.

Most reporters seem convinced that he's winning, but also seem convinced that it won't change the outcome on Tuesday (i.e., too late).

Maybe not towards Trump, but it sure marginalized Cruz. Dude's toast now.
Yup. Sure does seem like Cruz is being sidelined. What'll be funny is if Rubio still loses Florida while Cruz wins Texas..

Most reporters also think Trump usually loses these debates
They do. But really, Trump came out of that looking bad.

In a more verbose way he basically said "Trump is full of shit." And the audience
plants
ate it up.
I don't think anybody has just frankly said that he doesn't actually say anything of substance.

"I watched him repeat himself five times five seconds ago." Was a good retort.

Now every time he answers a question, or rather doesn't answer it, with "we're going to do many things" it kind of stands out.

HylianTom

Banned
Most reporters also think Trump usually loses these debates

Yup. I'm trying to rack my brain to remember a debate where the press was breathlessly declaring him the winner. Rubio could've farted into the mic for an hour, and they would've been all over his jock.

Ya'll working under the impression that Trump's people care about actual policy positions. As long as no one drops out before Super Tuesday, he's absolutely fine. There's no rhyme or reason why this is working for him.

He's done fine.

danm999

Every so often I see people say that Trump will "destroy" Clinton in the GE debates. Those people are out of their goddamned minds.

Like, if he stumbles on the "Planned Parenthood is terrific cancer treatment imma defund it" in a General debate it would be brutal.

Splendor

Poligaf, I love you, never change. Trump was supposedly destroyed after the first debate, and the one he skipped and the last one were he got booed and the audience hated him. He might take a hit from this but dont expect anything huge. Nothing so far has been hugely clipworthy like Rubio dispelling the notion, and people need a moment to grab from these debates and so far we have not had one of those moments yet imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom