• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why OT seems so worried about it then. Trump as the nominee seems like the best-case scenario of the GOP completely imploding given that he's not even a part of the party apparatus and is completely unelectable.

The worry about Trump is that on the off chance he wins the presidency, he could cause massive harm to the world and country through his instability. Who knows what happens when Putin "disrespects" him?

But, all of the Republican candidates other than Kasich (who would just be normal bad) are potentially unhinged so Trump isn't unique in regard.

Crocodile

I don't understand why OT seems so worried about it then. Trump as the nominee seems like the best-case scenario of the GOP completely imploding given that he's not even a part of the party apparatus and is completely unelectable.

I'd be lying if I said I was the grand-puba know it all about politics, but a lot of people have recently shown they have no idea what they are talking about.

Expect republican establishment to make a huge deal about Trump's tax returns tonight. That's their big attack point now after coalescing behind Rubio.

Man that #WhichHillary thing has been trending on Twitter all day. I wonder if it does end up doing some damage.

lmao it's been co-opted by Rand Paul. Of course it has.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
My facebook is full of people terrified of a trump nomination, and I keep trying to calm them down, that this is the best possible outcome for the democrats.

Please jesus, don't prove me wrong America.

Expect republican establishment to make a huge deal about Trump's tax returns tonight. That's their big attack point now after coalescing behind Rubio.

Yeah, Marco "I have no idea how to do finances" Rubio is sure going to look good going after Trump's tax returns. That's an attack that will work also.

My facebook is full of people terrified of a trump nomination, and I keep trying to calm them down, that this is the best possible outcome for the democrats.

Please jesus, don't prove me wrong America.

Tell them to be afraid. If it gets them to vote, I'm all for saying Trump is going to win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd be lying if I said I was the grand-puba know it all about politics, but a lot of people have recently shown they have no idea what they are talking about.

The concept of Trump winning a general seems like fantasy world, so if you gave me the option of inserting anyone in the GOP field as the candidate, I would pick Trump because he doesn't seem electable at all.

Rubio might come off as slightly less unhinged, but I absolutely do not want him as the nominee. Considering what the President's actual power is, I don't know that I buy that he would be less destructive than Trump, and he's a lot more likely to actually become president. FWIW, I'm pretty sure Trump is actually smarter than Rubio is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Subbed!

Quick hot takes:

1. Bernie is going down so hard on Super Tuesday.

2. Pretty sure GOP is staring down the barrel of a brokered convention with echos of DNC 1968.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WI Marquette Poll

Bernie 44
Hillary 43

Trump 30
Rubio 20
Cruz 19
Kasich 8

Seems like Minnesota is going to be close.

87 percent of the Wisconsin dem primary turnout in 08 was white... If Bernie can't actually crush her in this state he doesn't have much of a path left

Cerium

I dunno, but they should be classy and luxurious tags. The kind that make everyone jealous.

Who needs tags when you got this?

Nh8fKja.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
New thread, but I still want to know about this:

When he said he wanted to place farmers on the Board for the Federal Reserve I knew for a fact he had absolutely no clue what to do about our present situation but instead just promise rainbows, unicorns and good old fashioned horseshit to naive youngsters who don't live in the real world

Because that is fucked up.

Armaros

New thread, but I still want to know about this:

Because that is fucked up.

Bernie Sanders said:
If I were elected president, the foxes would no longer guard the henhouse. To ensure the safety and soundness of our banking system, we need to fundamentally restructure the Fed’s governance system to eliminate conflicts of interest. Board members should be nominated by the president and chosen by the Senate. Banking industry executives must no longer be allowed to serve on the Fed’s boards and to handpick its members and staff. Board positions should instead include representatives from all walks of life — including labor, consumers, homeowners, urban residents, farmers and small businesses.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/2...rein-in-wall-street-fix-the-fed.html?referer=

For what I was referring to in my previous post.

Yeah please keep him faaaaar away from Wall Street reform

From the previous OT

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LOL like this matters to anybody on that side.

"Are you kidding? I've tried to release my tax returns--I've got to rent two semi-trucks to haul them over here. The only taxes we should be talking about are how we're going to fix the average American's taxes."

*Laughs, applause*

Oh wait--it's the crowd stacked by the RNC

*Boos, hissing, tomatoes thrown*

I said it on Twitter and i'll say it again:

No one gives a shit about Trump's tax returns except people who think people care about Trump's tax returns.

Armaros

Hmm on this thread title.

If Bernie can't win in Wisconsin...

He doesn't need to just win, he needs to run up the score, like she is doing in the south.

Tying in heavily white states is not going to get him anywhere, especially when depending on how it is run, she might come out with more delegates even with a tie or a slight lose.

I think "Donald Trump Loves Us" would have been a better, more self-deprecating take on the same joke. But I'm okay with what we got! Try not to burn through this whole thread in a month, guys.

This cowardly dude on the 538 podcast "Sure, almost all Trump supporters want to ban Muslims from the United States, but there are plenty of them who are just white working class people that feel left out" said without irony.

Cerium

This cowardly dude on the 538 podcast "Sure, almost all Trump supporters want to ban Muslims from the United States, but there are plenty of them who are just white working class people that feel left out" said without irony.

538 is a joke but I thank them for depressing Trump prices through the fall.

Couldn't have done it without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom