• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armaros

No. Just CO, MA, OK, and MN.

Okay, but still pretty bad, those numbers are similar to the south, and yet he should have a stronghold in NoVA and yet she is crushing him.

I don't understand the VA polling AT ALL. Like AT ALLL.

VA is a wierd state, its extremely conservative outside of the liberal strongholds, its just the liberal strongholds have so much of the population, but it doesn't look like its translating to Bernie support. Might be the fact that NoVA has huge connections to the Federal Government and they like how its going currently.

CCS

Banned
Both races are done by the end of Tuesday. I doubt either Sanders or Rubio will have the dignity to accept that though.

Both races are done by the end of Tuesday. I doubt either Sanders or Rubio will have the dignity to accept that though.

Just give the revolution a bit more time. Just a few months. Like, if the trends keep continuing, he can overtake her in delegates by October or November. It's all good.

Could the VA numbers have to do with defense contractors who vote democratic? I can't imagine they would support Bernie by huge margins. Dude has zero foreign policy credentials.

Bowdz

Rubio's going to get eaten alive tonight. I can hardly wait.

I doubt he'll receive as much incoming as Trump will. Cruz is going to hit hard at Trump and I'm sure Rubio will pile on to add to Trump's pain. I'm just hoping Trump doesn't have any Rubitron moments. That will be a win for me tonight.

CCS

Banned
Just give the revolution a bit more time. Just a few months. Like, if the trends keep continuing, he can overtake her in delegates by October or November. It's all good.

Could the VA numbers have to do with defense contractors who vote democratic? I can't imagine they would support Bernie by huge margins. Dude has zero foreign policy credentials.

The revolution will not be energized.

That's an interesting point, hadn't really thought of that angle.

Those South Carolina numbers have to feel redemptive to Hillary after getting her shit pushed in by Obama last time, and then having to apologize for Bill's shit talking.

That Marquette Law poll also has some GE heats:

Clinton is tied with Cruz, +1 against Rubio, and +10 against Trump. So there's that.
Still they dont mean anything until the primaries are over. But I'm thinking that we will start seeing better head to head matchups from now on, as the assumed frontrunners start grabbing more and more mediashare.

HylianTom

Banned
I think it's too late. Trump is going to be the nominee. There's no way to put the genie back in the bottle. They let him get too many wins and control the narrative. There is nothing they can do to stop him. He is their king, and we need to tie his bloated orange corpse around every one of their necks.

I tell ya what: Trump is probably the nastiest, most reprehensible politician for whom I've ever cast a ballot.. but if those negatives hold-up to anywhere near that level, it will have been totally worthwhile.

Now excuse me, I need to go wash my voting finger again.

jtb

Banned
is it too early to say Rubio is just an awful candidate? if Trump wins the nomination, he won't even be able to get that VP spot he's been gunning for all campaign long. "lose every state" would be the most embarrassing campaign strategy since Guliani if Jeb didn't exist right alongside him.

538 dude: "Democrats try to make everything about race sometimes." -Centrist journalists say after getting clowned by Democrats in predictions for the last 6 months after Democrats said that a white nationalist candidate could win the GOP nomination.

didn't Nate say the opposite? that the "centrist" media isn't reporting about Trump's supporters enough?

Methinks that defense contractors don't give much of a shit about how much FoPo cred one has, and are more concerned with how likely one is to blow up some foreign people (which, as W. oh so recently showed, isn't linked with considerable FoPo expertise at all).

I want Trump to pick Jeb Bush as his running mate. Then we can get a few more months of Trump relentlessly bullying the dude, and Jeb will just have to suck up to him.

Tesseract

Banned
So Bernie's rhetoric about being fact and down to the issue based campaign falls apart when he gets criticism using facts and his own campaign points?

I was saying that neutrally, concepts containing not dank variables obv need to be called out

It's more the NoVA Democrat's are classic fiscally moderate, socially liberal Democrat's who loved Bill. Also, NoVA's a little more racially diverse than you'd think due to the federal government and such.

But how can Clinton win with negative favorables!

I mean for a reliably blue state, those are really bad numbers. They just look good in comparison to Trump's Armageddon level popularity. I do think a decent amount of her low favorables are from Sanders supporters who would come in the general.

Armaros

It's more the NoVA Democrat's are classic fiscally moderate, socially liberal Democrat's who loved Bill. Also, NoVA's a little more racially diverse than you'd think due to the federal government and such.

Yup, NoVA was basically built around contractors that are connected to the Federal Government in Virgina and Maryland.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The gloating here Tuesday will be easier to stomach that I'm no longer volunteering or giving money to Bernie's campaign.

If it's truly over I will vote for Hillary in November even if I don't like her and think she's bought. Trying to get my mother to bite the bullet will be a task onto itself.

I mean for a reliably blue state, those are really bad numbers. They just look good in comparison to Trump's Armageddon level popularity. I do think a decent amount of her low favorables are from Sanders supporters who would come in the general.

Wisconsin isn't as blue as its reputation. Cook Partisan Voting Index has it D+2, and I think that's a pretty good way to think about the state. It leans a little towards the Democrats nationally, but only a little. It hasn't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1984, but since 1992 every presidential election has either been a Democratic victory or a close Republican victory, so it's not that surprising for a state that leans just a little bit towards the Democrats to nonetheless have gone Democratic in every election in that time frame. 1988 was a bit more of an unusual case but, aside from being 28 years ago, Dukakis ran relatively well in Upper Midwest.

The gloating here Tuesday will be easier to stomach that I'm no longer volunteering or giving money to Bernie's campaign.

If it's truly over I will vote for Hillary in November even if I don't like her and think she's bought. Trying to get my mother to bite the bullet will be a task onto itself.

I give you my word I will not gloat, but I will celebrate. I've waited 8 years for this....but I know how much it sucks when the person you really want to win doesn't. So, no gloating...just a bit of celebrating. And a few drinks.

And ivy's Twitter.

CCS

Banned
I give you my word I will not gloat, but I will celebrate. I've waited 8 years for this....but I know how much it sucks when the person you really want to win doesn't. So, no gloating...just a bit of celebrating. And a few drinks.

And ivy's Twitter.

A few drinks, a few gays, our queen slaying, and Ivy's twitter. What more does a man need?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These polls for Rubio...I mean, come on. How is this guy going to win ANY state?

Kyosaiga

Banned
Bernie Sanders said:
If I were elected president, the foxes would no longer guard the henhouse. To ensure the safety and soundness of our banking system, we need to fundamentally restructure the Fed’s governance system to eliminate conflicts of interest. Board members should be nominated by the president and chosen by the Senate. Banking industry executives must no longer be allowed to serve on the Fed’s boards and to handpick its members and staff. Board positions should instead include representatives from all walks of life — including labor, consumers, homeowners, urban residents, farmers and small businesses.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/2...rein-in-wall-street-fix-the-fed.html?referer=

Repost for any who missed it last thread

Replace Rubio with these politicians and do they beat Trump?

Richard Nixon
George Wallace
Raygun

Nixon and Wallace I think do, but I'm not sure about Reagan.

is it too early to say Rubio is just an awful candidate? if Trump wins the nomination, he won't even be able to get that VP spot he's been gunning for all campaign long. "lose every state" would be the most embarrassing campaign strategy since Guliani if Jeb didn't exist right alongside him.

didn't Nate say the opposite? that the "centrist" media isn't reporting about Trump's supporters enough?

Turned it off after a few minutes so maybe Nate said something different later on.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Correct. Had he posted the rest of the actual audio, he would have pointed out that Silver said that the NYT article about the PPP polls is showing that there is a bigger racial / white nationalist component that the media has been not understanding or comprehending, and how that white nationalist faction plays into Trump's broader plurality.

But don't let the facts get in the way of posts, ya know. ;)

I know Trump said on Howard Stern that he didn't like anal. I didn't know about the oral thing, though.

God, this has become the weird part of the internet, hasn't it?

Isn't Bernie actively campaigning in VA? If so, those are damning numbers and not much room for undecideds.

Black and Hispanic vote plus a lot of white suburban areas where Hillary will do well.

Watch Sanders dismiss the losses and run the risk of sounding like he's dismissing the black vote. Fun times ahead.

CCS

Banned
I know Donald "You won't see another black president for generations" Trump said on Howard Stern that he didn't like anal. I didn't know about the oral thing, though.

God, this has become the weird part of the internet, hasn't it?

Reason #1374 he wouldn't do very well on here :p

Replace Rubio with these politicians and do they beat Trump?

Richard Nixon
George Wallace
Raygun

Nixon and Wallace I think do, but I'm not sure about Reagan.

In 2016? I mean, Wallace is basically Trump, so I'm not sure how he'd do. But, yeah, Nixon was a political genius, so he'd find the way to knife Trump. I think Reagan might be able to make himself look like a victim due to his charisma. He might be able to pull off "I paid for this microphone" moment.

Kangi

Um

: raises hand :

I like giving oral just fine. But...I'm ambivalent about getting it.

I've heard that, statistically, gay men like giving more than receiving.

In case guys didn't already know which team's more fun to bat for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom