• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Lololol:

TUal3eK.png

Seriously if Bernie loses Mass the radical supporters will proclaim her guilty of being a counterrevolutionary.

Called it.

Holmes

TBH this may actually make him the strongest GE candidate. All the minorities will vote for whomever the Democratic nominee is, whether it's Bernie or Hillary, but Bernie has much more support with the white vote than Hillary does.
It goes both ways. The Democrats' base is non-white voters. If they're rejecting a candidate, by near-unanimous margins in the case of African-Americans, they'll be less enthusiastic to turn out in November.

NeoXChaos

My poor poor former Jeb Bush aide friend said he's hearing lots of disappointment from major Florida donors concerning Rubio tonight. His camp talked big all week only to get dominated by Trump and Cruz. Lots of donors aren't convinced he's the guy, and they don't want to get on Trump's bad side now that he's the likely nominee.

Also hearing Romney might not endorse now. If Rubio had done decent or well - ie if he had won the four states his campaign pointed to - Romney would have endorsed him before the Idaho and Michigan contests next week. But now it looks like people recognize Rubio is about to get trounced in his home state and they don't want to jump on a sinking ship.

One more Trump thing: various GOP folks were initially pointing to Arkansas as proof that Trump was deflating, but as the night played out they got more and more quiet. It's looking like Trump is going to be the guy unless they steal the nomination at the convention.

I bet they are angry at kasich. Is Jeb endorsing Rubio or the blood is too bad between them?

Seems like Jeb does not want to endorse then see Rubio get trounced by Trump and reflect/look terrible on him.

I think Rubio will deeply regret not running for Governor in 2010.

Teggy

So 115 delegates still need to be allocated in states Clinton won, versus 48 in states Sanders won.

Any idea how those are gonna pan out?

my favorite thing about that image is the fact that half of those states don't even have projections

Yeah, what? 538 is most definitely not predicting Bernie wins in NY and Penn.

If Kasich wins Ohio and Rubio loses Florida, he'll basically have caught up to him by then LOL.

None of their strategies have actually winning WTA states so it's not really conceivable that any of them could prevent a trump delegate win.

Now that Bernie isn't going to drop out I'm going full on against him.

He has no chance, he's fucking done. The longer he stays in this race the more toxic it's going to get and there is no need to do that when you already have the L.

So strange how I've been for Bernie, to undecided, to for Hillary and now against Bernie, but I guess that's what happens when you basically declare war on an entire political party.

Gruco

Banned
Wasserman's back of the envelopes for Moderate Poised To Surge Establishment Hero Marco Rubio are absolutely incredible. An absolutely miserable night for him. Winning OH and FL both won't even make it up.

Pretty annoyed as well by the TV people selling this as a great night or comeback story or whatever for Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is DONE. He needed to win the night tonight, and he has no such wealth of viable states in the future.

Tonight was a huge win for Trump, but even then the pool was able to stop him from getting a majority. They may not be able to stop that as we move to winner take all, but overall the GOP still looks like they're on a clear path for a contested convention. Insiders in the GOP who see the results must be freaking the fuck out. There's no way to read it other than Trump nomination nightmare fuel, but there's just enough there to continue the madness of trying to stop him at all costs.

Also, even though I was hoping for more clobberings in the Democratic primary tonight, I suppose I shall have to live with the clobberings we got. Bernie wasn't going to drop tonight no matter what.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

He has no chance, he's fucking done. The longer he stays in this race the more toxic it's going to get and there is no need to do that when you already have the L.

So strange how I've been for Bernie, to undecided, to for Hillary and now against Bernie, but I guess that's what happens when you basically declare war on an entire political party.

It speaks to your ability to be rational above all else. I like to think i'm that way, but I sometimes get caught in the same traps.

Yesssss, but Trump win was expected with Palin endorsement.

Another 3rd place Rubio win!

So what happened tonight? Worked from 5-11 during all the fun.

Pretty much went as expected, the one big surprise was Cruz winning Oklahoma, nobody had that projected.
Trump and Hillary both expanded their leads significantly.

If you count pledged and Supers:

Hillary 1001
Bernie 371

She has a 630 delegate lead. She has 42% of the delegates that she needs to win the nomination.

Sounds like Bush is cooling off and will endorse Rubio eventually...but time is running out. I think it'll happen before March 15th now. Will ask my friend about it tomorrow.

The sense is get is that Jeb is devastated and upset. Losing is one thing...being completely rejected is another.

Reiterating John's point, from TYT's live feed; in 08, "Liberal" Obama got crushed in the Massachusetts primary, at 38 / 55, where as Bernie is currently only losing by 1%, so he'll run away with around 49% of the pledged delegates.

So, after tonight, he'll be a couple hundred delegates behind, but, assuming Cenk is correct, that future states will be more favorable, and given that his campaign's cash raising ability is proving highly successful ($40+ million in February), as more and more people #FeelTheBern, Bernie can totally make up that shortfall, and those superdelegates would be very wise to head my solid-gold prediction ;).

P.S. On the "nuke" video, which totally failed to go critical, despite the undeniable purity of its elements (Cornel, Nina, Killer and Bernie), and subsequent premium endorsements (Danny, Spike etc), it appears we are clueless on how to win over African Americans, en masse, to our righteous cause :(. However, if the campaign hadn't tried its best, it would likely have been way worse (Bernie did manage to win an average of 29% of the delegates, in the seven southern states).

P.P.S. We had a narrow win in my VA county, for Bernie, and if the yard signs at my polling place, and dotted around town, were anything to go by, our volunteer office proved its worth (our small march made the front page of a local paper) :).

Gruco

Banned
Wasserman is also rightly pointing out that the right way to stop Trump is not to consolidate the field around a useless propped up empty suit failure. The best case Republicans can hope for is denying Trump a majority. In order to do that, they need a two front war and should keep Cruz, Rubio and maybe even Kasich in as long as possible. The winning game is collusion, not consolidation.

I'm old enough to remember the embarrassing panic on this forum from 6:00 to 8:00 PM EST when people were convinced that Dems had been tricked by the MSM into voting for Rubio and that Rubio was going to dominate tonight.

Kasich dropping out after Michigan on March 8th could actually be good for Trump. It'd make it easier for Trump to win Ohio and Kasich's votes are unlikely to make a difference in Florida. Though I suppose it could hurt Trump in Missouri, another big winner-take-all prize on March 15th that no one talks about for some reason.

He's fine as long as he makes his attacks anti Trump

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh the things I see on Facebook.

Massachusetts declared a tie between Hillary and Bernie.

Hillary is using backdoor deals to steal delegates.

White people expressing befuddlement over minorities not voting for Bernie for no other fact than that he marched several decades ago.

hawk2025

Daniel B·;197307197 said:
Reiterating John's point, from TYT's live feed; in 08, "Liberal" Obama got crushed in the Massachusetts primary, at 38 / 55, where as Bernie is currently only losing by 1%, so he'll run away with around 49% of the pledged delegates.

So, after tonight, he'll be a couple hundred delegates behind, but, assuming Cenk is correct, that future states will be more favorable, and given that his campaign's cash raising ability is proving highly successful ($40+ million in February), as more and more people #FeelTheBern, Bernie can totally make up that shortfall, and those superdelegates would be very wise to head my solid-gold prediction ;).

P.S. On the "nuke" video, which totally failed to go critical, despite the undeniable purity of its elements (Cornel, Nina, Killer and Bernie), and subsequent premium endorsements (Danny, Spike etc), it appears we are clueless on how to win over African Americans, en masse, to our righteous cause :(. However, if the campaign hadn't tried its best, it would likely have been way worse (Bernie did manage to win an average of 29% of the delegates, in the seven southern states).

Here's a good first step:

Stop calling your platform a "righteous cause", and stop putting quotes around liberal when describing Obama.

I'll play Devil's advocate for a moment and note that based on this:

Where he did outspend her on the airwaves he did win.
The exception being MA.

Although those places were already identified as places that were favourable.

Given Sanders is Mr Moneybags now, he could blanket the airwaves I guess in upcoming states.

Holmes

Daniel B·;197307197 said:
So is that the TYT spin? Make no mistake, Massachusetts is a state in Sander's backyard. It even borders it. It's full of Independents and white liberals. It's a state that was custom made for Sanders to win. He should have gotten a healthy delegate lead in this state.

So what happened tonight? Worked from 5-11 during all the fun.

Trump did very well
Cruz got an unexpected win in OK, and did even better than expected in Texas
Rubio won MN, but was basically a big mess

Hillary destroyed Bernie in the south, much worse than polling projected
Bernie got wins in a couple caucuses as well as OK to go along with his expected domination of Vermont. The delegate math is really bad for Bernie now

Wasserman is also rightly pointing out that the right way to stop Trump is not to consolidate the field around a useless propped up empty suit failure. The best care Republicans can hop for is denying Trump a majority. In order to do that, they need a two front war and should keep Cruz, Rubio and maybe even Kasich in as long as possible. The winning game is collusion, not consolidation.
There are enough WTA states that Kasich's presence would aid Trump in. Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Indiana, New Jersey. Kasich staying in longer than March 15th would be an asset for Trump. The only place Kasich really hurts Trump is if he wins Ohio.

There are so many delegate rich WTA states that Trump will probably win against a divided field that this argument is probably wrong.

ivysaur12

Banned
Look at the Alaska results, seems as if Cruz and Trump are pretty tied in Anchorage precincts, but Trump is winning the more rural ones. If that trend continues, I think Trump could eek out a win.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Trump did very well
Cruz got an unexpected win in OK, and did even better than expected in Texas
Rubio won MN, but was basically a big mess

Hillary destroyed Bernie in the south, much worse than polling projected
Bernie got wins in a couple caucuses as well as OK to go along with his expected domination of Vermont. The delegate math is really bad for Bernie now
Thank you. I would say tonight went mostly as expected than.

How many more people break rank and support Trump after tonight?
Basically whichever Senators and Governors okay with a candidate that says overtly racist things and won't disavow the KKK immediately, probably for fear of alienating his racist base.

Christie looked like a hostage to his stupid decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom