• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've commented on it before, but the development of the "breaking down all the barriers" message has been very good for her. The first time she used that in a debate was probably a turning point.

It turns her tendency to be all over the place in terms of talking about issues, her laundry list approach, into a positive.

And it lets her underscore her gender without talking specifically about it.

And she can thank Sanders for making her hone that message down.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Like you would expect
My Facebook has been a lot more quiet since Nevada surprisingly. I've got a good five or six Bernie people that have been real outspoken, but nothing since last week. I'm sure the reddit hive is still active, but it seems like the people I know in the real world seem to know that the revolution has been canceled.

Gruco

Banned
This is even more brutal than the most brutal of smackdowns I dared imagine.

Bernie can't seriously pretend to be a national candidate after this.

I mean, he will, but still.

Maybe he needed to send more dank memes to the south. That would probably fix it.

So is Bernie going to go out there and talk about his political revolution again tonight? That's a real tough sell with him losing 3/4 and turnout being down everywhere. He desperately needs another phase to his campaign

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Isn't that basically betting on a brokered convention?

I'm thinking he could do well next week, maybe win a state or two as he outperforms polls (Minnesota?). Then obviously he can win Florida if these blows keep landing and Cruz flops. I figure the ceiling here is 40c, but that's doubling your money.

Rubio is at 21c, is this really not a good buy? It seems like he should be higher than that.

I could see it rising with a Cruz collapse on Super Tuesday, but then there's also the risk it goes down if Cruz wins Texas and doesn't drop out (which is the likely scenario).

Y2Kev

Returns_Chart-1024x456.png

isn't it "gross income"

not "growth income"

Y2Kev

I wonder if Trump is really hiding something in his taxes. I mean...rich people basically have to!

danm999

I prefer to imagine Cruz's people didn't want the word gross anywhere near their candidate lest they give Trump more material.

With this sort of blowout, I'm curious what happens to his fundraising machine.

On the one hand, I guess it could galvanise optimistic supporters into needing to contribute to not see a repeat.

On the other probably more likely hand, I would probably expect it to collapse or at least start drying up.

Although, I guess people if people are still giving to Ben Carson, so who knows.

Tesseract

Banned
This is even more brutal than the most brutal of smackdowns I dared imagine.

Bernie can't seriously pretend to be a national candidate after this.

I mean, he will, but still.

Maybe he needed to send more dank memes to the south. That would probably fix it.

Not enough dankness, I called it!

Trump is probably hiding that while he's still rich, he's not actually a very good businessman (which isn't that big a secret) and not as rich as he pretends to be.

Trump is probably hiding that while he's still rich, he's not actually a very good businessman (which isn't that big a secret) and not as rich as he pretends to be.

wouldn't the financial disclosure statement do a better job of demonstrating that than a tax return?

if most of trump's wealth is in real estate for instance wouldn't that not show up on a standard tax return?

Oltsu

Banned
Yeah, I've commented on it before, but the development of the "breaking down all the barriers" message has been very good for her. The first time she used that in a debate was probably a turning point.

It turns her tendency to be all over the place in terms of talking about issues, her laundry list approach, into a positive.

And it lets her underscore her gender without talking specifically about it.

And she can thank Sanders for making her hone that message down.

And most important of all it lets her ignore the issues that her donors would like her to ignore.

I think Sanders not attacking her hard on her faults was the wrong move. It allowed Hillary to go into "yes here's how much I agree with mr. Sanders on this issue" mode in debates etc. She wasn't challenged enough. And as can be seen from her 9-11/women donors response a while back she would have been an easy target for those attacks. Making her look foolish due to more answers like that would probably have hit her hard.

And most importantly the attacks would have come from the left. But Sanders didn't really attack. And because of that clinton gets to mostly disregard anything too uncomfortable in favor of being the socially progressive candidate.

So now I look forward to seeing whether Trump is going to go for it. Probably yes. How the media frames those attacks is an interesting question though. But I really do hope (even though I'd hate to see either trump or clinton in the WH) that Trump with his media savvy is able to steer the conversation into economic issues and money in politics. Because no matter who wins Hillary actually deserves to be grilled on those issues, with margins like in SC the Sanders campaign wont be able to move her enough in those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom