• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
3RT3Pze.jpg

I don't think that is the one, the one I saw was about all blacks on the field being "silenced", as it was supposed to shut all black people up because he marched with MLK

Thanks anyways!

Brinbe

And I think that's a rhetoric that wins in the end.

It's kind of poetic. This stirring message that Clinton gave as her father (whom she had such a complicated relationship with) that was mocked by the press will be the message she uses to win against Donald Trump.
This is 100000% on point.

It's funny how prescient this buzzfeed piece on Hillary was.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/hillary-clinton-wants-to-talk-to-you-about-love-and-kindness

Here is Hillary Clinton as seen by many: calculating, lacking principle, lacking conviction, driven by power and ambition. After eight years in the White House, two Senate races, and a term as secretary of state, she is followed by the popular image of a candidate willing to do whatever or be whoever, so long as the polls say she should.
Here is how Hillary Clinton sees herself: radically consistent, motivated by a core philosophy — voiced now through two words rarely associated with her. “Love and kindness.” If this sounds unlikely, she knows it. For 50 years, she’s struggled to explain the values that motivate her — in public life, as a candidate, as a person. The one time she really tried to, in the early 1990s, she was brutally mocked. In the view of some of her closest aides, Clinton never fully recovered from the critical backlash....

...As Clinton sees it, she’s really talking about a “shorthand” for her personal and political beliefs, for all the impulses that shape what she does and how she does it. She is talking about the core of “what I believe and who I am.” Even if no one views her that way. Even if she’s never been quite able to explain it. Even if she still isn’t known for the vision she’s been trying to share for decades, going back to the beginning. Even if her earnest efforts to connect with people are hampered not just by her image, but by the actual barriers of public life. After so many years, how do you convince a nation full of people who think they know everything about you that they don’t?
“I can only just be the person I am and continue to stand for what I feel like I have always stood for, in terms of values and in terms of my core beliefs,” Clinton says. “And of course, policies come and go, policies change. I mean, good grief, of course that’s the case. But who I am is pretty much who I’ve always been.”

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I told everyone that New Hampshire didn't mean jackshit. But people love their "the sky is falling" narratives.

Would be nice if the first primary was something more representative of the general election.

Crocodile

It's a pretty shitty joke. Be real. Saying "can't you take a joke" is not a good look.

I think a "roll eyes".gif, "C'mon Son" or "SMH" are better responses than "Are you calling Sanders racist! *list of achievements*" spiel. Because the later was obviously not a thing that was happening. Just my opinion.

Well, that about wraps it up for Bernie's campaign.

Fun hypothetical: if each white vote counts as 2 votes, would Bernie have won the primaries?

I think he still loses South Carolina in such a scenario, but he would would win big in Iowa, win big in New Hampshire, and probably carry a narrow victory in Nevada.

This would never happen under the current political climate though. Oh well.

Ekai

Originally, it was reported that he only had issued a statement and wasn't going to give a speech. He made sure he was on a flight (and not in the state) when the polls closed.

As I said, I don't care who the politician is, anyone who doesn't come out and thank their supporters is wrong. Period. Full stop. That goes for Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or the guy who lost my mayoral race by 30 points.

I'm being consistent here.

That doesn't change that you were pretty quick to jump on it.

At the very least you are being consistent so my apologies there.

Hey guys, the only reason no african americans like Bernie is because they don't know who he is!

Right? Right? lol

I had responded to this before but it bares repeating: Glad to see that some people are claiming youth AA voters don't exist. Or that the many prominent names in the AA community who support him don't exist either. And Hillary supporters are the ones claiming they don't weaponize or mock minorities. I will never take that seriously.

Ok I lost it for a bit with this one.

How in the world do you interpret an obvious joke as a sincere declaration of Sanders as being racist (you could argue its a shitty joke if you wanted to though)? You are being way too thin skinned for your own good right now. The voting bears this truth out - Sanders was unable to get his message to resonate with Black voters and while his lack of presence on SC and other minority heavy States may make sense from certain perspectives (have to conserve cash, concession speech might not look much better), it was bad optics. It made it seem like he gave up on their vote and left them - something that joke touches upon.

I edited my post between your viewing of it and your post to reflect how I believe it to be a very poorly made joke at best. At worst it reads as claims of racism (I mean, that's literally how it reads) which is patently ridiculous. Either way, it's a shitty joke.

danm999

This margin is almost 2x what many polls in the last week or so predicted.

There's a single Clemson university poll that had Clinton +50 and I thought it was an outlier but apparently not...

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I know I'm just a lurker, but I wanted to say how much you guys improve my life. PoliGAF in full swing during an election year makes me so happy. Nights like this are great. I'm sitting on the porch watching the sun go down, drinking heavily and hitting refresh on this. There are very few things that make me happier.

I know I'm just a lurker, but I wanted to say how much you guys improve my life. PoliGAF in full swing during an election year makes me so happy. Nights like this are great. I'm sitting on the porch watching the sun go down, drinking heavily and hitting refresh on this. There are very few things that make me happier.

Join us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.

:)

You in the Boise area?

ivysaur12

Banned
And I think that's a rhetoric that wins in the end.

It's kind of poetic. This stirring message that Clinton gave as her father (whom she had such a complicated relationship with) that was mocked by the press will be the message she uses to win against Donald Trump.

This should've said "as her father was dying". But it's so fucking incredible. I don't know why. This is something she's been talking about since her commencement speech. I love it so much.

SE is one of nature's greatest tragedies. So hot, but so damn wrong about everything.

She cried when gay marriage was legalized and made a plea for her party to realize that gay people aren't monsters and how happy she was, so she's not ENTIRELY terrible.

Mac_Lane

Not an expert here, but do you guys think Hillary might be able to actually put some Southern States in play in the general election ?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I give Bernie credit for giving Hillary a wake-up call that she needed a message. She had nothing after New Hampshire. Her theme of "breaking down barriers" is perfect for her as a candidate. It pulls together her activism, her gender, and her experience into one. What a speech by the Queen. I am blown away!

Not an expert here, but do you guys think Hillary might be able to actually put some Southern States in play in the general election ?

She's going to be favored in VA, and have a good shot at NC but after that it gets harder. If Trump really implodes Georgia would be in play. After that it would be South Carolina, but that would take insane black turnout and some white Republicans either staying home or voting third party.

My mom who's been apprehensive about supporting Hillary all cycle her just sent me a text saying she was really impressed with Hillary's speech and that she loves her now. My aunt said the same too.

Bring this shit to the GE and give us a glorious win, queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom