• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Self-driving trucks are going to radically upend the American way of life.

FOFFY ALERT

No need to alert me. I know this, and I wish more people did. Maybe the alert is that I'd talk about it? S-sorry, fam.

Fun fact: driverless trucks exist in some capacity in Nevada right now for about two years.

3.5 million jobs is not a small number that is being aimed at to eliminate via automation. And that's just "phase one" of the concerns.

"B-but it's not real" one would say. :(

pigeon

Banned
No need to alert me. I know this, and I wish more people did. Maybe the alert is that I'd talk about it? S-sorry, fam.

Sorry, I meant it as an affectionate joke. I agree with you that automation is a major issue and we need to start now in laying the groundwork for a workless economy. (By which I mean much lower average cost of goods and overhead combined with the elimination of almost all labor jobs and an increasing number of service jobs, both of which challenge the norm of needing to find a job and work full-time in order to live. Which is a bad norm anyway.)

I think you might be a little bit ahead of me in terms of how quickly you see this process going, but otherwise we're on the same page.

This is another reason I'm very interested in Hillary's Appalachia plan.

Fun fact: driverless trucks exist in some capacity in Nevada right now for about two years.

Do you have any data on their effectiveness? I guess the middle of a trackless desert is probably the ideal place to start deploying driverless trucks.

Zereta

How is Trump getting away with constantly taking factual research, numbers and statistics and just calling them hoaxes?

Are his supporters just so anti-establishment that they'll listen to anything or are they all just stupid.

I know his primary fan base is the non-college educated white male demo and I don't mean to sound elitist but really only people with so disillusioned with the government and so ridiculously uninformed and ignorant can buy into this shit.

His economic "policy" does NOTHING to help the lower income families he claims to be championing and yet, they applaud.

He calls stats that proves him wrong hoaxes without giving a reason and yet, they applaud.

He says he has a feeling the election is going to rigged, just a feeling, the first time any candidate has even dared to suggest something to destructive and yet, they applaud.

This is all nothing new but how stupid can people get, and how power hungry and desperate was the GOP that they allowed this to happen and sit by and continue to support this mess while he undermines the very basic fabric of this election?

Wow. Just wow.

Also:

edolvmu.png

FOUND THE NEXT ONE GUYS!
Tom Brady's next favorite candidate.

The pitcher?
Yes.

No, the MMO developer.
I forgot he did that.

Isn't that the same guy?
Yes.

benjipwns

Banned
How is Trump getting away with constantly taking factual research, numbers and statistics and just calling them hoaxes?

Are his supporters just so anti-establishment that they'll listen to anything or are they all just stupid.
First election?

If I'm applying for a job at Forever 21, should I take my earrings off or is that a good thing for Forever 21?

If it's an interview, I would take them out and then ask what the policy is. But that's just me. I can't find anywhere online where they have their policy listed.

I gave up on the Trump speech. It's too painful to watch.

Valkrai

I know his primary fan base is the non-college educated white male demo and I don't mean to sound elitist but really only people with so disillusioned with the government and so ridiculously uninformed and ignorant can buy into this shit.

His economic "policy" does NOTHING to help the lower income families he claims to be championing and yet, they applaud.

He calls stats that proves him wrong hoaxes without giving a reason and yet, they applaud.

He says he has a feeling the election is going to rigged, just a feeling, the first time any candidate has even dared to suggest something to destructive and yet, they applaud.

This is all nothing new but how stupid can people get, and how power hungry and desperate was the GOP that they allowed this to happen and sit by and continue to support this mess while he undermines the very basic fabric of this election?

Wow. Just wow.

The only way Trump supporters or Republicans listen to are feelings, not fact. There was an aggravating interview with Newt Gingrich on CNN where he "felt" crime was up despite statistics from the FBI showing otherwise. It's also that he appeals to people who hated Obama's term as well as appeal to bigots.

Grief.exe

Why does this transcript talk about coal mining? If this were in Marquette or Iron Mountain, I'd understand, but this is Metro Detroit.

It's also a strange move from a macro perspective. There is currenlty no new investment in coal in the country, it's just strange to double down on an outdated technology with no future. Considering Natural Gas passed it in price and utility level solar is there as well.

us-doe-utility-solar-costs.png

Crayons

Banned
If it's an interview, I would take them out and then ask what the policy is. But that's just me. I can't find anywhere online where they have their policy listed.

I gave up on the Trump speech. It's too painful to watch.

Yeah, I guess I'll take the out and then ask

The main factor behind the current GOP nominee's underperformance among white voters is his lack of support among white women with a college degree. Trump holds sizable leads among white men without a college degree (31 points; 56% to 25%), white men with a college degree (11 points; 45% to 34%), and white women without a college degree (17 points; 49% to 32%). These point spreads are similar to how Romney did with these groups in 2012 when he won white men without a college degree by 31 points (64% to 33%), white men with a college degree by 21 points (59% to 38%), and white women without a college degree by 20 points (59% to 39%). Among white women with a college degree, though, Trump is actually trailing Clinton by 30 points (27% to 57%). Romney narrowly won this group by 6 points in 2012 (52% to 46%).

Hahahaha

http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_080816/

Also, when we're sharing polls, could we make sure we link to where we get the info even if it's just a Tweet? Makes it easier to follow and we can fact check ourselves? No t, no shade or anything.

Teggy

So Trump

- Repeated lie about Hillary raising taxes
- Repeated lie about TPP
- said BLS is a hoax
- said MI is run by Democrats at all levels
- repeated various lies about supporting wars he's said many times.

Good luck with that reboot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Trump

- Repeated lie about Hillary raising taxes
- Repeated lie about TPP
- said BLS is a hoax
- said MI is run by Democrats at all levels
- repeated various lies about supporting wars he's said many times.

Good luck with that reboot.

Bwahahaha...even rural right wingers in MI know that is not true.

Man, I know polls will tighten as we near election day, but dat lead...

After Monmouth came out the polls only forecast gives HRC a 47% chance on winning AZ and a 1/3 shot in SOUTH CAROLINA. Imagine what would happen if Trump actually got hurt by any of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom