• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
Here's a fun story: http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-08-03/melania-trump-lucky-immigrant

Melania says she came into the US on a work visa and traveled back and forth every few months to get it stamped, as the law requires.

Except H1-B visas are generally three years in duration. You don't have to leave and return every three months.

You would have to leave and come back every three months if you were on a B-2 tourist visa. But on that visa it's illegal to work in America.

So what visa was Melania actually on?

It's like he's never voted before and doesn't realize that once your sticker is off the books you don't get to vote again w/o going through a provisional. Which is then vetted and checked vs. your actual voting record.

Why is he trying to defend voter ID laws? These are things state legislatures pushed under the radar as possible for targeted disenfranchisement.

Wilsongt

On one hand, I am glad Hillary is running against a mad man. On the other hand, Trump is fuckinf terrifying.

Cruz and Rubio are shit weasels, but at least they aren't downright terrifying. Cruz is just a damn troll.

Also, this morning I was perusing the LA Times website and came across their depictions of Hillary and Trump in drawn form to get to their respective political pages. Couldn't help but lol.

YCqOhnh.jpg

edit: I'm thinking about changing my avi to one of these...

Lol Trump kinda looks like my Ashley from The Apple avatar.

So I was doing some really quick math on that Florida article re: hispanics.

If Trump gets 15% of the vote and there's a slight uptick in hispanic turnout and we assume nothing else really changes...

That's an 8-10 point swing in Florida. EIGHT TO TEN.

In order for Trump to win Fla in this scenario, he'd have to pull almost 70% of whites...

L

O

L

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
With the amount of latent racism and right wing media blaming Obama for every wrong in America, I'm legitimately surprised Obama hasn't been shot at.

You and everyone. It's a real credit to the SS that it hasn't happened.

Here's the thing though -- when I see Trump being described as saying 'if we have nukes, why don't we use them?' and then see these heartfelt rants from people who have actually been in that chain of command talking about their base-level dependence on knowing the person making that call is fundamentally sane ... I certainly get worried about this from the other side.

We're talking extinction-level events, catastrophic nuclear war, Russian appeasement, pervasive use of torture, carpet bombing, giant diaspora campaigns, walled-off borders, entire religions being prevented from coming into the country. How many wackjobs among those potentially affected by this guy could snap? It's terrifying how that could play out.

TheFatOne

If Trump gets 15% of the vote and there's a slight uptick in hispanic turnout and we assume nothing else really changes...

In order for Trump to win Fla in this scenario, he'd have to pull almost 70% of whites...

L

O

L
Been preaching this. FL is the key to the campaign both short term and long term. If Dems can lock up FL long term it's over for republicans.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
On one hand, I am glad Hillary is running against a mad man. On the other hand, Trump is fuckinf terrifying.

Cruz and Rubio are shit weasels, but at least they aren't downright terrifying. Cruz is just a damn troll.

Cruz is legit crazy. He is like the acting politician version of Sean Hannity. He truly believes everything he says.

Retro

It's like he's never voted before and doesn't realize that once your sticker is off the books you don't get to vote again w/o going through a provisional. Which is then vetted and checked vs. your actual voting record.

Why is he trying to defend voter ID laws? These are things state legislatures pushed under the radar as possible for targeted disenfranchisement.

The more he shouts about people voting 10 times, the more his base believes him that the system is rigged, the more likely it is there's screams of fraud after Hillary destroys him. He's been talking about the system being rigged the last few days, this is the same narrative from a different angle.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(100% love that discussing how millenials now include people born in 78 has spiraled into a 10 page discussion of the best super mario bros game and where you were when you were 13)

Bill Clinton was just elected to his first term, The Chronic was just released, and Seinfeld was a surprise success.

:eek:

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The only damn thing that Trump seems to have any claim to know is building and construction. So some news outlet needs to challenge him on this damn wall. How long will it take to build? How many people will need to work on it? Where are you going to get those people from? Just bash him on the quantity-surveying stuff - how much concrete, how much rock, transport costs, where to house the workers?

Trump is now making the argument that people tell him "I don't like you but I have to go for you." And he's arguing like this is a good thing.

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 37s38 seconds ago Seabreeze, FL
Trump says Clinton might appoint Warren to the Supreme Court. "What an insult to Pocahontas."

I don't even understand if he means an insult to Warren or the actual Pocahontas...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
They expanded who is a millennial? Why?

Because people born in 78-79 were still kids when the internet was born and that's the fundamental demarcation of the imaginary cultural divide? Who cares, it's nonsense used to describe a certain demo.

Wilsongt

Obama releasing criminals and drug users from prison!!

http://m.wistv.com/wistv/db/330790/content/Ipzllsq6

(RNN) - President Barack Obama shortened the sentences of 214 people serving federal sentences on Wednesday.

That's more than the last nine presidents combined and the most in a single day in over a century, the White House said.

Obama has now commuted the sentences of 562 people, more than any other president.

😡😡😡😡😡

Teggy

Because people born in 78-79 were still kids when the internet was born and that's the fundamental demarcation of the imaginary cultural divide? Who cares, it's nonsense used to describe a certain demo.

My poor wife, kicked out of cool Generation X status.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Barring ramblings he is spending all his time defending stuff. Defending the disabled stuff, the Megyn stuff, the .... all the stuff.

Holmes

If Johnson ever gets on that debate stage, I'd think he and Clinton agree not to go at each other. It would benefit both of them.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(thinking about how post-2016 fallout and Trump pledging to go after everyone that screwed him with PAC money could eventually unite the two parties to bring a constitutional amendment to undo Citizens United)

(brb dreaming)

mo60

L

O

L

At this point it's likely hilary does way better than GW Bush did in Florida in 04.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom