• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Checkmate Emaillary Deleton

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/...nsa-architect-agency-clintons-deleted-emails/

PHILADELPHIA – The National Security Agency (NSA) has “all” of Hillary Clinton’s deleted emails and the FBI could gain access to them if they so desired, William Binney, a former highly placed NSA official, declared in a radio interview broadcast on Sunday.
Speaking as an analyst, Binney raised the possibility that the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s server was done not by Russia but by a disgruntled U.S. intelligence worker concerned about Clinton’s compromise of national security secrets via her personal email use.

Lol.

The only damn thing that Trump seems to have any claim to know is building and construction. So some news outlet needs to challenge him on this damn wall. How long will it take to build? How many people will need to work on it? Where are you going to get those people from? Just bash him on the quantity-surveying stuff - how much concrete, how much rock, transport costs, where to house the workers?

Part of John Oliver's thing on Trump's wall was about how the damn thing doesn't have its own length or height planned out, let alone what it's made of, or who will build it. It's a sham.

LLLLLLOOOOOOLLL

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

He can't let anything go. I bet he mumbles this shit at night like fucking Arya Stark.

Trump will be bleeding endorsements within 7 days.

Johnson will be at the debates.

Trump will win <100 EV

I can buy all of this, honestly.

If Johnson ever gets on that debate stage, I'd think he and Clinton agree not to go at each other. It would benefit both of them.

Yeah, his best strategy would be to realize he can't win the Presidency (he definitely doesn't have the votes), and to use that stage to shill the Libertarian Party every chance he gets.

johnsmith

remember me
tumblr_nzqa8cq3ri1ufyxleo1_500.gif
Michael Cera sure is looking good these days

Fox318

God remember like six months ago when everyone was so sure that Trump was going to pivot center after the primaries

He kinda did on some issues.

He didn't start going after gays or things like Christmas or Prayer in school like a Cruz or Pence would.

CCS

Banned
The best thing about the Trump campaign falling to pieces is it allows me to forget about British politics for a bit

:(

Newt Gingrich &#8207;@newtgingrich 4m4 minutes ago
Media has wildly misinterpreted my critique of a bad week for Trump. Trump is vastly better than Hillary as President.

Poor Newt.

I did my best, we need more minority voters in Britain. We have too many angry white guys.

I'm pretty sure the angry white guys are going to do everything possible to make sure you don't get more minority voters. :p

UKIP! Make Britain Hate again!

What will actually happen if say Trump drops out of the fight? Will Hillary automatically win?

Depends on when it happens. If Trump does it now, then it's a clean replacement on the ballots. But Texas has a deadline of August 26th, so if Trump were to drop after that date, their ballots won't be changed. It would be ceding Texas in the Electoral College, which is basically a free win for the Democrat.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
sorry but i can't help but keep watching that clip from Joe Scarborough / Squints N Giggles about Trump asking why we can't use nuclear weapons.

I've watched it maybe 20x today. Every time I recoil in horror and every time the room goes silent -- even for that brief moment -- I can't help but wonder how many Americans are having a simultaneous existential crisis.

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/status/760790261370753025

I know there have been a lot of 'oh, this is the moment' moments in the past 7 months. This is the moment. Oh my god.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The best thing about the Trump campaign falling to pieces is it allows me to forget about British politics for a bit

NO. You will remember and you will feel shame.

To be fair, we got our political turmoil from unexpected popular revolution all done and dusted with a new Prime Minister and all in, what, three weeks?

In the 90-something days until November we could fit in two general elections. Probably four by the time of the inauguration.

No regrets. Except maybe the outcome of the vote. :(

CCS

Banned
To be fair, we got our political turmoil from unexpected popular revolution all done and dusted with a new Prime Minister and all in, what, three weeks?

In the 90-something days until November we could fit in two general elections. Probably four by the time of the inauguration.

No regrets. Except maybe the outcome of the vote. :(

I like our system more. I just don't like the results :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What will actually happen if say Trump drops out of the fight? Will Hillary automatically win?

Officially? No. But I think Trump dropping out, forced or otherwise, would signal the GOP giving up on the White House.

To be honest though, I don't buy any of this "dropping out" talk. Trump's ego is too big to allow it, and the GOP I don't think would have any way to force him out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm really curious about what comes next for Trump. Does he try to start his own channel, like Palin did? Get another ghostwritten book out there to cash in?

I doubt he'd want to, or be able to, fade out of the public eye, so what does he do? Start a new religion?

In theory, I like your system better. It would be hell here, though. The GOP would be able to gerrymander a permanent majority without any problems whatsoever.

Fox318

Pence would probably take over but nobody with a real chance would want to handle a campaign after that.

More likely there would be a push for Gary Johnson to be included in the debates.

TopDreg

sorry but i can't help but keep watching that clip from Joe Scarborough / Squints N Giggles about Trump asking why we can't use nuclear weapons.

I've watched it maybe 20x today. Every time I recoil in horror and every time the room goes silent -- even for that brief moment -- I can't help but wonder how many Americans are having a simultaneous existential crisis.

I know there have been a lot of 'oh, this is the moment' moments in the past 7 months. This is the moment. Oh my god.

That really should be the moment that makes anyone switch their vote from Trump. It should. Anyone who lived in the Cold War era. Sigh.

Local news in Cleveland is covering the potential of Trump dropping out. Supposedly confirmed that a lawyer for the GOP has advised them it needs to happen by early September to get the new names on the ballot.

Never going to happen, but the fact that ti's being talked about in local news is amazing.

Joe has definitely been in a state of somewhat silent horror lately and same with Mika and the part about the nukes. Disappointing to see Joe going down the rabbit hole of "there's a conspiracy theory saying that Bill Clinton might have set this up!" and then about an hour later "Yeah Bill totally set this up! WHAT THE HELL?!" To be clear I've only been watching lately to see the GOP crumbling before their eyes but still disappointing.

Michael Cera sure is looking good these days
I know you're kidding John.. But you should apologize to Gene.. Right now.

At least Boris isn't PM?

I was thinking the same thing too. Even I was taken aback and how everyone was shitting their pants on set.

gcubed

Local news in Cleveland is covering the potential of Trump dropping out. Supposedly confirmed that a lawyer for the GOP has advised them it needs to happen by early September to get the new names on the ballot.

Never going to happen, but the fact that ti's being talked about in local news is amazing.

Asking Trump to drop out basically solidifies the fact that Trump will stay in

Maledict

In theory, I like your system better. It would be hell here, though. The GOP would be able to gerrymander a permanent majority without any problems whatsoever.

That's one thing I don't get. British MP constituency borders are set by a politically neutral committee that reports into parliament as part of the business of parliament, and they get redrawn every 10 years normally. The idea of gerrymandering seat boundaries in the way the states allows it is both horrifying and deeply perplexing - it's clearly corruption and a travesty of democracy yet it's allowed to happen freely.

That's not to say the British boundaries are perfect - they often slightly favour one party over another. But they are never drawn in the same politically motivated way the house is in the USA.

said it before, will say it again. Despite the "ratings" of Fox and CNN and everywhere else on cable, most people get their nightly news for local news stations and broadcast nightly news (and online of course) and Trump is not winning that media battle.

And that does matter.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
They don't have to get him to drop out of if Trump does. He just gets thrown back into the pool with everyone else.

No no, I mean whether they could get Pence to join a potential mass exodus as they all step away from Trump in unison. Your VP nod leaving the campaign would be a huge first step toward that.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I like our system more. I just don't like the results :p

Give it 40 years CCS, and the system will look even more appealing, though the results will have swung all over the place.

Or, as the great Danish polymath Piet Hein put it:

Piet Hein said:
Put up in a place where it's easy to see
That cryptic admonishment T.T.T.

When you feel how depressingly slowly you climb
It's as well to remember that Things Take Time"

Other way round. We got rid of most gerrymandering 150 years or so back.

gcubed

No no, I mean whether they could get Pence to join a potential mass exodus as they all step away from Trump in unison. Your VP nod leaving the campaign would be a huge first step toward that.

Pence is dead man walking, has nothing left for him in politics so he's kind of married to this shit show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom