• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reflects very poorly on your critical thinking skills.

I treat the argument about Trump as obvious because it actually is obvious. It rests on statements he has actually made on video that
he stands by and his supporters don't deny existing.

If you could produce a video of God saying that global warming was progressing so quickly that we needed to build nuclear power plants then I would happily agree with you that it was straightforwardly obvious. But of course that video does not exist. Instead your argument presumably relies on a breadth of knowledge about the progress of global warming, the connection between that and carbon production, the effectiveness and safety of various power generation options, and a bunch of trendlines and hypotheses about the near-future deltas of all of the above.

You seem to be suggesting that all of that is equally as immediately obvious as the fact that mass deportations is a racist policy. That is a surprisingly crazy position for you to take.

I am pretty offended by the suggestion that the only reason I don't agree with you that we need to immediately build a bunch of nuclear plants is that I don't want to look at the issue fairly. For example, maybe you have information I don't have.

Its only obvious to you because of the perspective you have taken. To Trump supporters they have rationalized that what Trump says will do will make them more safe. The perspective many people here have is that global warming is far more dangerous that any possible nuclear plant risk. It seems a bit hypocritical to immediately jump to opposite side just because you disagree.

Diablos

We're only a few years removed from a large majority of the same party and both of its media arms arguing the president is a Muslim Kenyan that wanted to bring sharia law, create a false flag to take all the guns away, and submit the elderly to death panels. This is not new.
Of course it's nothing new. That's my point. It's a dumb strategy and at best revs up his base. They're not listening to the advice from other Republicans saying that he needs to focus on the real issues such as the economy. He's off in a corner like its primary season during Obama's first term.

We all know Trump is a fool but I never thought his GE campaign would be this bad.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 7m7 minutes ago
My rallies are not covered properly by the media. They never discuss the real message and never show crowd size or enthusiasm.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 16m16 minutes ago
If the disgusting and corrupt media covered me honestly and didn't put false meaning into the words I say, I would be beating Hillary by 20%

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 22m22 minutes ago
The failing @nytimes, which never spoke to me, keeps saying that I am saying to advisers that I will change. False, I am who I am-never said

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 29m29 minutes ago
The failing @nytimes talks about anonymous sources and meetings that never happened. Their reporting is fiction. The media protects Hillary!

That's a winning tactic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow he is melting down.

How are the media not covering his rallies truthfully? They're literally broadcasting the entire things! Again, the whole "crowd size and enthusiasm" garbage is straight from the Ron/Rand Paul supporter handbook.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What never occurs to him to argue just one layer deeper -- even if it was completely disingenuous -- is that if he wasn't such a dick to the media from day 1, maybe this wouldn't be a problem? OR If he's such a genius able to bend the media to his will like he says by dominating headlines through increasingly bizarre antics, maybe he could figure out how to get his message through.

But nope, he doesn't need a campaign or ads or a large national staff because of earned media, yet it's the media's fault he isn't getting the message he wants out. MMMHMMMM. You absolute loser.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am starting to get a gut feeling he walks out in late September/early October if this pattern holds. His mental state seems to be deteriorating. Thr guy cannot handle people talking poorly of him.

Plinko

Then what happens? Pence?

Speaking of Pence, on Fox News this morning he apparently said Trump was "making a serious point" when questioned about Trump tying Obama to ISIS.

The mixed messages on this from the exact same side are crazy. I cannot believe how disorganized the GOP is right now.

But the failing New York Times does report on his rallies.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-supporters.html?_r=0

I think that shows the crowd size and enthusiasm. It's white nationalist enthusiasm, sure. But it's certainly visible.

Sam Bee also showed this really enthusiastic guy.
33831.jpg

Speaking of Pence, on Fox News this morning he apparently said Trump was "making a serious point" when questioned about Trump tying Obama to ISIS.

The mixed messages on this from the exact same side are crazy. I cannot believe how disorganized the GOP is right now.

Pence seems like he has been doing damage control but because trump is so erratic it fails miserably.

Crisco

Banned
Has some psychoanalyst seriously started analyzing Trump's tweets and public appearances yet? What stage of grief is he currently in?

Diablos

Wouldn't mind it. Them being embarrassed by losing in such a devastating fashion couldn't help them. Rubio especially after he endorsed Trump.
I'd rather not have Trump drop out. If they replace him with someone decent then we will have a close race again.

shem935

Banned
I'd rather not have Trump drop out. If they replace him with someone decent then we will have a close race again.

Not if he drops in september! Ballot change dates for major GOP states will have passed, including Texas and Ohio if I recall correctly.

Edit: Yeah https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates they would miss out on Ohio, Florida, and Texas just to name a few if Trump dropped in September. Which is why it won't happen ever.

Diablos

Not if he drops in september! Ballot change dates for major GOP states will have passed, including Texas and Ohio if I recall correctly.
It would be unprecedented if he dropped out tho. You have to wonder if the states would do something, like say the state supreme courts allowing a temporary period for the RNC to put another candidate on the ballot.

Plinko

Has some psychoanalyst seriously started analyzing Trump's tweets and public appearances yet? What stage of grief is he currently in?

Since Fox News is the only channel that puts this stuff on the air, it will never happen.

Plinko

Edit: Yeah https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_for_presidential_candidates they would miss out on Ohio, Florida, and Texas just to name a few if Trump dropped in September. Which is why it won't happen ever.

They cannot force someone to stay in who wants to drop. Trump's ego probably will keep him in, but if he says "I'm done," nobody can stop him.

Krauthammer is a trained physician. He's briefly commented on Trump's personality in his WaPo column.

But there's the Goldwater rule:

The Goldwater rule is the informal name for a precept of medical ethics promulgated by the American Psychiatric Association (APA). It forbids psychiatrists from commenting on individuals' mental state without examining them personally and being authorized by the person to make such comments.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Nooooonnnnnsense. Reagan himself could claw his way out of the seven gates of hell to ascend to his rightful place next to Karl Rove and still not bring the race back to 5 points before the election.

I just heard it. Did a double take. Rewound it and yup he said it.

I don't think these guys can tie their shoes without help.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Eh, I don't think so. At "best" for the GOP, a Trump Drop out might help them salvage down ticket races, but I don't think there's any chance of a replacement mounting a decent campaign against Clinton. Even if Trump left on his own, I don't think his base would stand for it, and would probably start screaming how the GOP forced him out.

This is old but I Googled to find out who had the @donaldtrump handle. (The campaign must have claimed/bought it but it used to be a blank twitter.)

But this is a graphical representation of Trump tweets.

imrs.php

He tweets at random hours.
3AM on Sunday..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom