• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
In which case, may you live in interesting times! Good time to get into it though, you'd learn bugger-all there if there were nothing interesting going on.

Reminds me of my brother-in-law who ran a bank (a long time ago and in a different country) at a particularly difficult time. He described all his troubles in some detail over a few beers and I asked him what he did next. "Well, we panicked ..."

I am certainly glad I picked this time to go into it. I'm pretty sure that that particular phase is how all the best stories begin!

How's the shop doing?

Actually, supporting Johnson is probably a strategic mistake for the NeverTrump crowd. They wouldn't want the Libertarian Party to get the 5% they need to qualify for federal funding, since that means they'll stick around to hurt their percentages in 2020.

Honestly, their best course of action is to support Hillary. But most of them just can't bring themselves to do it.

Supporting Johnson won't end their political careers, endorsing Hillary will.

1470254754722.jpg

posted!?!?

FAIR AND BALANCED!

Big bump. Trumpkins in suicide mode. No liberal media BS to save them!

Emarv

These are some of the last major polls before the Olympics. This is what they have going into this period. It's beautiful.

What the hell are you talking about Mark Halperin? That Trump rally that happened today sounded like hot garbage. Halperin said he did much much better today.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 44s45 seconds ago Washington, DC
Clinton+10 in Fox News poll. She's outperforming Obama '12 in every major cat, including whites wihout a degree

loooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll

She's up 9 with Gary Johnson in the mix.

Hillary winning foreign relation, too. Tied on terrorism.

Killing Trump in foreign relations and nuclear weapons, actually.

She's winning on SCOTUS, too.

65% think Hillary is qualified to be President. That's like huge. 58% think Trump is NOT qualified. Yikes.

Hillary's trustworthiness has gone up a bit, tying Donald who has since dropped.

61% think Donald doesn't have temperment to be President. Hillary over 60% for yes.

60% Trump lacks knowledge to be Pres.

60% of voters know about the Trump-Khan thing and 70% of them think Trump was out of bounds. lololol

Just looking at H2H numbers now:

54-28 among <35
57% female
87% Dems
39% white (this is good for her)

Disastrous numbers for Donald Trump.

KMS

Trumps son's have went on a hunting trip at a time when they are the only ones who could probably talk sense into their dad. LOL! Why would they kids leave to the Yukon with a dumpster fire raging in their own house?

Emarv

On the anniversary of Trump's Megyn Kelly comments, I can't imagine this Fox News poll will make him happy.....

Yes, reminder Fox News is a balanced pollster. The have 2 different groups, one Dem leaning and one R leaning join together to do the polls together to get fair polls.

As shitty as their coverage is, their hired pollster group is solid. Doesn't mean a poll can't be an outlier since all pollsters have to have outliers, but Fox News polls do not weigh poorly and have proper methodology. As long as the sample isn't accidentally shit, it's a good poll.

Trump is going to be FUMING when he sees this.

Trumps son's have went on a hunting trip at a time when they are the only ones who could probably talk sense into their dad. LOL! Why would they kids leave to the Yukon with a dumpster fire raging in their own house?
I dislike the Trump boys hunting animals.

Grexeno

Probably to get away from the dumpster fire raging in their own house.

Also some "Who can best handle" questions. Queen's numbers first

Climate Change-59/28
Race Relations-60/32
Education-58/35
Drug Addiction-54/35
Foreign Policy-55/39
Healthcare-53/42
Immigration-51/44
Terrorism/National Security-47/47 (Previous poll was 40/52, so that's a 12 point swing)
Deficit-44/49
Economy-45/50 (was 41/53 previously)
Nuclear Weapons-56/34
Looking out for you family in a tough economy-51/40
Supreme Court-51/43
Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution-49/42
Restoring trust in the government-43/43
ISIS-42/51

Those are problematic for the GOP. LOL. These should be Trump home runs.

Effect

Is there video of Fox News when that poll was announced on air? Would love to see the reactions of the people on the panel if there was one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yes, reminder Fox News is a balanced pollster. The have 2 different groups, one Dem leaning and one R leaning join together to do the polls together to get fair polls.

As shitty as their coverage is, their hired pollster group is solid. Doesn't mean a poll can't be an outlier since all pollsters have to have outliers, but Fox News polls do not weigh poorly and have proper methodology. As long as the sample isn't accidentally shit, it's a good poll.

Thanks for the education.

daedalius

Just watched the morning joe clip where he talks about Trump asking multiple times during an hour briefing about nukes.

Could this guy be any more terrifying?

Tarkus

Their coverage is not shitty with the exception of O'Reilly and Hannity. You're basing this off of a comparison to MSNBC and CNN?

Emarv

Alex Seitz-WaldVerified account
&#8207;@aseitzwald
All that messaging on nukes seems to be paying off. Clinton's edge on this Q grew11 pts.

Co97FSdWgAUww35.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am soooooo close to responding to something on Facebook, someone talk me off the ledge.
Nooooooooooo! It's never worth it. Type the response out then close the browser if that is cathartic. but otherwise never engage.

In a 3 way race, Trump is losing the African American vote to Johnson. Trump gets 1%. Johnson gets 7%
It wasn't a mistake when trump said "where is my African American at?" in the singular and not plural. There is legit only 1.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I am certainly glad I picked this time to go into it. I'm pretty sure that that particular phase is how all the best stories begin!

How's the shop doing?

As you might imagine post-Brexit vote. Margins under horrible squeeze below from low pound and from above by worried customers.

This is, of course, good news (as I am an irredeemable optimist). Seven competitors within 100 miles have bit the dust, UK wholesalers are under severe pressure, and as I do all my own importing I am so far gobbling up all the spare customers! Once I get around to doing online as well I shall be rolling in it - though what "it" is precisely is yet to be determined.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still too early for me to get excited.

Found this funny:

Better choice for:

Making decisions about Nuclear Weapons--H 56%, T 34%

Nominating the next Supreme Court Justice--H 51%, T 43%

Preserving the Constitution--H 49%, T 42%

Trump also has 45% of people saying he is "Not at all qualified" to be president. That's a HUGE number.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I guarantee this is the poll that had republican insiders freaking out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom