• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Classy

oAR7yGj.jpg

jevity

The UTTER sadness of the state of the Trump campaign is so horribly horrendous, that I'm
almost about to switch the channel to FOX, to avoid feeling like a person who keeps looking
at the carnage of a fatal car accident.

I really wanted to like the Nightly Show, but it never really got good. Larry's supporting cast was pretty bad (apart from that one short woman whose name escapes me) and he seemed to be trying harder and harder in his desk segments. Panel was OK but I was never into panel shows.

Wilsongt

Someone finally coming out and calling David Clark on his shit.

https://thinkprogress.org/milwaukee...police-fix-the-ghetto-b96108d80a96#.b1foa3ovt

On Sunday, Clarke — who’s repeatedly said there’s a war on police — called on Gov. Scott Walker to activate the National Guard. He also blamed the protests on people from the “ghetto” and slammed those who criticize police.

“Stop trying to fix the police, fix the ghetto,” he said during a press conference. “We have a growth of the underclass here in Milwaukee. And we saw some of their behaviors on display (Saturday) night.” Clarke also claimed that the protests weren’t spontaneous, and pointed out that homicides in the city happened on Friday and Saturday.

During an interview with Fox News on Monday morning, Clarke said that “tribal behavior” took hold of the city over the weekend. After commenting on poverty and poor education in Milwaukee, he continued to blame protesters for the chaos that ensued.

“Some of this is self-inflicted. All the kids with no fathers around — father-absent homes. When fathers are not around to shape behavior of young men, they often times grow up to be unmanageable misfits,” he said, adding, “I won’t be happy until the creep rioters crawl back into the hole.”

Crocodile

Hear me out on this.

I was watching that 'Trump says this now, but said this then' video, and beyond the fact he used to have less deluded opinions (The economy does better when the democrats are in charge, etc) what struck me was how... you know... like a human being he sounds. He's still got some Donaldisms, but he's not yelling. He sounds thoughtful.

So I wonder, what happened? Now I know it isn't the case that Donald used to be this super intelligent liberal who turned into this idiotic conservative. One major through line throughout his life sure seems to be racism. Don't want blacks handling money. Targeting blacks in various other ways.

I really think it was Obama being elected that turned him against the Democrats. I think it's really deep seated racism. Look at his reaction to the birther stuff, and now he hates everything a democrat might want to do, whereas before he didn't.

Speculation on my part obviously, but that's what I've come to believe.

We'll never know the full truth but I can buy this. Not a bad hypothesis.

Oh, Larry Wilmore's show was cancelled.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom