• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ask Obama.

I think I need to go back to bed. I'm a mess today. Very low energy. No stamina. Sad!

Cp3ZEa9W8AAIn3H.jpg

Tobor

Better to lose as Trump's Veep than to lose reelection in Indiana? Like, he can argue he was the party man, toeing the line and doing whatever to try and keep Trump on message. I doubt the parties that be will hold any of this against him. He gave it the good old college try, but Indiana is a terrible school, and their football team is terrible And they should feel bad.

Yep, that's it exactly. Pence was going nowhere. Now he took one for the team and can make a run at something else later with an IOU from Preibus for falling on the grenade.

Hillary (and Obama) benefitted a great deal from her time as Secretary of State.

I was happy to hear Dad was in NC this tomorrow but he's only going to Asheville (pretty smart) and Fayetteville (not so smart). He should be in the south Raleigh suburbs.I don't know what voter they are trying to get from the Sandhills by going to Fayetteville but it's NOT happening.

Slayven

The drudge report site design is still one of my favorite things on the internet. It's like aggressively, intentionally terrible. It's daring you to to actually be at the website before you even see the terrible content therein.

Just reminds me of my geocities days

giphy.gif

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...st-poll-race-governor-remains-tight/84616830/

Dead heat as of May 20. Prevailing wisdom was he was going to lose. Ironically, Trump's destruction of the downballot would have iced Pence.

This way he doesn't have to face the home state loss. Losses don't end careers, I agree with you, but there are better losses. Losing as VP is a step up for Pence.
Yeah, I think Pence would have lost, from what I see here in Indiana. Pence should lose, he's been an awful fucking governor who clearly would have rather been a more powerful Congressman. Thought being governor was the same job but it totally isn't. I'm glad Trump isn't going to win because if Pence was a heartbeat away from the Oval Office, I would be very scared. Pence doesn't know how to govern. He knows how to be political and how to make the words he says seem nice (he was on the radio for a while, after all), but he would really rather just represent a small portion of Indiana and the US, not govern over the whole country. Everything he did in this state showed that, minus HIP 2.0 as his Medicaid expansion.

Better to lose as Trump's Veep than to lose reelection in Indiana? Like, he can argue he was the party man, toeing the line and doing whatever to try and keep Trump on message. I doubt the parties that be will hold any of this against him. He gave it the good old college try, but Indiana is a terrible school, and their football team is terrible And they should feel bad.

Italics is true, but the bold? What the fuck is this shit?

I think I need to go back to bed. I'm a mess today. Very low energy. No stamina. Sad!
I realize that comment could be taken as snark about his 08 loss in the popular vote, but I was actually referring to his 00 congressional primary loss to Bobby Rush, the only opponent in an election Obama's ever lost to.

Slayven

Does anyone remember Expages? I had like 30 websites. I made an entire Animorphs text based RPG game using the site.

I did one for Harry Potter too.

Nope, but I remember Xoom, and Homestead. I read the first few books of Animorphs and fell off. Years ago I googled to see how it ended. Shit got really dark...like wow

Some funny things in that Sienna poll of NY.

AA Voters:
Hillary-85%
Trump-8%

Latino
Hillary-76%
Trump-10%

NYC
Hillary-70%
Trump-15% (He has lived there most of his fucking life!)

Oh my gawd I had so many Expages. So. Many.

My man! :D

Nope, but I remember Xoom, and Homestead. I read the first few books of Animorphs and fell off. Years ago I googled to see how it ended. Shit got really dark...like wow
Oh ya, Animorphs got dark as fuck. By the end, Rachel was basically addicted to fighting. Cassie had betrayed the entire team twice (for the same reason), Jake ordered a hit on his own brother, the Andalites were going to wipe out the entire planet, they recruited disabled kids to fight the Yeerks because they would have been useless to them as hosts, Jake commits genocide by killing millions of Yeerks by flushing them into space.....shit got dark mane.

Yeah I can't endorse that sideswipe at Indiana (the school). Really nice place.

At least they are aware their football team isn't that good and don't try to think they are top-25 material every year like the NC State fans around here do.

You've caught a case of the Jeb(!). *airhorn*
Adam was a mistake. Adam is a mess. :(
Yeah I can't endorse that sideswipe at Indiana (the school). Really nice place.

At least they are aware their football team isn't that good and don't try to think they are top-25 material every year like the NC State fans around here do.

I'm a B1G fan, specifically a fan of the only B1G team that matters....THE Ohio State. I'm required, by law, to lovingly tease every B1G school. Except Michigan, which I'm required to loathe entirely.

I just hate this idea that Clinton never means what she says. It's super disrespectful and not based on anything
Sometimes she really doesn't mean what she says at all. In 2008, during a democratic debate hosted by Tim Russert, Hillary promised she would renegotiate NAFTA and would actually opt out if she could not get favorable terms for American workers. But before the primary, and during the current election, she has praised NAFTA and has certainly not called for renogotiating it even though it clearly resonates with many people in the country.

So why would someone who means what they say do that?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Adam was a mistake. Adam is a mess. :(

I'm a B1G fan, specifically a fan of the only B1G team that matters....THE Ohio State. I'm required, by law, to lovingly tease every B1G school. Except Michigan, which I'm required to loathe entirely.

I lived in Michigan and never got into the U-M/MSU rivalry garbage that plagues that state. That said, I knew to hate Ohio State. Every time I think of them I picture Jim "The Human Sweatervest" Tressel.

I had a long conversation with my Dad yesterday. He's a construction inspector in PA, was a construction worker his whole life until recently. My dad considers himself independent, he's Catholic, huge hunter. Hunting is his life. Member of the NRA. His granddaughter, my niece, is mixed race, black and white. She lived with my parents through most of her childhood. My Mom and Dad are like her best friends. She's 17 now, senior in highschool. I think she changed my Dad's perspective on a whole lot of things. Bigotry, in any form, infuriates him. He is angered by Christians that morph the New Testament teachings away from love and acceptance to hate and intolerance.

My father despises Trump, can't stand the bigotry the is the core of his following. My Dad has to deal with a lot of Trump supporters at work but he goes on and on about one guy in particular. Conspiracy theorist, end times, religious, racist type. The guy apparently doesn't shut up. He supports Trump obviously but he's also convinced that there's a apocalyptic event coming, Obama is the anti-Christ, blah blah blah. The thought of going to work and dealing with that on a daily basis sounds like pure hell. But it makes me proud though, knowing my father could have easily slipped right into Trumps demographic but he sees through the fascist bullshit. He recognizes the hate and fear that he used to get to where he is and rejects it fully.

My mother is a teacher, union member and a democrat to the core. There was no worries there.

I lived in Michigan and never got into the U-M/MSU rivalry garbage that plagues that state. That said, I knew to hate Ohio State. Every time I think of them I picture Jim "The Human Sweatervest" Tressel.

scUM/MSU rivalry is just sad. It's basically arguing over who can be second best to THE Ohio State. When I was three, my mom taught me to gag myself every time someone said Michigan. Having said that, THE Ohio State fans don't hate, hate MSU. They're mildly annoying, but there's not flat out loathing like with Michigan. Ohio State fans have two favorite teams: Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan. And Appalachian State. Always. ALWAYS.

I don't think being down that much in NYC is all that out of line though. Especially given how far the GOP value set is from urban cultural norms.You could probably put a traditional Republican there and not get too much more.

Moving the urban bar for Republicans will require a transformational candidate, but their nominating process that ensures that will never happen.

Sometimes she really doesn't mean what she says at all. In 2008, during a democratic debate hosted by Tim Russert, Hillary promised she would renegotiate NAFTA and would actually opt out if she could not get favorable terms for American workers. But before the primary, and during the current election, she has praised NAFTA and has certainly not called for renogotiating it even though it clearly resonates with many people in the country.

That's not what people mean. I'm talking about this idea she's really a conservative and doesn't like progressive causes. Which is bullshit.

Some funny things in that Sienna poll of NY.

AA Voters:
Hillary-85%
Trump-8%

Latino
Hillary-76%
Trump-10%

NYC
Hillary-70%
Trump-15% (He has lived there most of his fucking life!)

My man! :D

Oh ya, Animorphs got dark as fuck. By the end, Rachel was basically addicted to fighting. Cassie had betrayed the entire team twice (for the same reason), Jake ordered a hit on his own brother, the Andalites were going to wipe out the entire planet, they recruited disabled kids to fight the Yeerks because they would have been useless to them as hosts, Jake commits genocide by killing millions of Yeerks by flushing them into space.....shit got dark mane.
"I could see Trump winning NY" - OT

Will never cease to be hilarious to me.

I had a long conversation with my Dad yesterday. He's a construction inspector in PA, was a construction worker his whole life until recently. My dad considers himself independent, he's Catholic, huge hunter. Hunting is his life. Member of the NRA. His granddaughter, my niece, is mixed race, black and white. She lived with my parents through most of her childhood. My Mom and Dad are like her best friends. She's 17 now, senior in highschool. I think she changed my Dad's perspective on a whole lot of things. Bigotry, in any form, infuriates him. He is angered by Christians that morph the New Testament teachings away from love and acceptance to hate and intolerance.

My father despises Trump, can't stand the bigotry the is the core of his following. My Dad has to deal with a lot of Trump supporters at work but he goes on and on about one guy in particular. Conspiracy theorist, end times, religious, racist type. The guy apparently doesn't shut up. He supports Trump obviously but he's also convinced that there's a apocalyptic event coming, Obama is the anti-Christ, blah blah blah. The thought of going to work and dealing with that on a daily basis sounds like pure hell. But it makes me proud though, knowing my father could have easily slipped right into Trumps demographic but he sees through the fascist bullshit. He recognizes the hate and fear that he used to get to where he is and rejects it fully.

My mother is a teacher, union member and a democrat to the core. There was no worries there.

This is a really heartening, beautiful, fucking AMERICAN story. Thanks for sharing.

All this B1G talk just makes me want to see (sad!) Donald Trump alone on a golf cart eating pizza after he loses.

edit: I don't think the Manafort thing really comes together until/unless someone clearly can find evidence where he knowingly took cash improperly or undermined American foreign policy. It'll just be a cloud lost in the giant tempest that is the Trump campaign.

Hey, Indiana's a great school. How many places do you get to walk through woods on your way to class? And as for the football team, OK, yeah, it's terrible. Last season they went 6-7. It was Coach Wilson's 5th year and the best record he's had. They gave him an extension. And the reaction of the fanbase (to the extent that such a thing exists) is largely, "yeah, he deserves an extension." My solution was largely not to follow college football until I got to grad school (On Wisconsin!)

But, yeah, Pence was probably going to lose to Gregg, so may as well roll the dice with Trump. It was his only shot at becoming a national politician.

Could be any time all dia, no tenemos la hora.
I could make that out. I just wanted to use this

All this B1G talk just makes me want to see (sad!) Donald Trump alone on a golf cart eating pizza after he loses.
I don't think BYU of all schools has any reason to making references to a dark moment of Saint Urban's life.

Have you no sense of decency?

Why would you say his name? It's like Voldemort. He should be referred to as "He-Who-Must-Never-Win." Rookie mistake.
sorry boss.. I tried throwing shade and it didn't work.

Hey, Indiana's a great school. How many places do you get to walk through woods on your way to class? And as for the football team, OK, yeah, it's terrible. Last season they went 6-7. It was Coach Wilson's 5th year and the best record he's had. They gave him an extension. And the reaction of the fanbase (to the extent that such a thing exists) is largely, "yeah, he deserves an extension." My solution was largely not to follow college football until I got to grad school (On Wisconsin!)

But, yeah, Pence was probably going to lose to Gregg, so may as well roll the dice with Trump. It was his only shot at becoming a national politician.

Absolutely disgusting. Made a shiver run down my spine. Sad.

Hillary up to 88% on Upshot. Two weeks post convention. This ain't a baby bump no more. We takin' this to term fellas. HELLS YA!

KHarvey16

I always wonder why people never seem to leave room for a politician changing their mind. It certainly could be that she didn't mean it then (or did and doesn't mean it now). But it could just as easily be that times changed and her thoughts about it have as well. Or that the voters have shifted priorities and she, as a representative of the voters, has as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom