• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Keep polling in Colorado at least for the Senate. Though last I checked Bennet was up something like 15 points over the Republican challenger

Let's run a far right opponent in a light blue state. Genius.

I'm glad Gardner finally supported Trump, now we can bury him when he's up for reelection.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Not politics related, but I'm gonna be registering for classes in the upcoming semester and I have to pick 3 from the following:

- Ancient Greek history

- Jewish history (17th century to present)

- Women’s history (1920 - present)

- U.S. History (1877-1920)

- Modern Germany (from the French Revolution to present)

What should I take, Poligaf?

This dude on CNN - "how come the democrats haven't supercharged the economy after the worst recession since the 20's. Failure!"
Was also lauding 4% growth during Reagan administration but failed to explain why similar growth was not achieved during Bush tax cuts.

Not politics related, but I'm gonna be registering for classes in the upcoming semester and I have to pick 3 from the following:

- Ancient Greek history

Obviously women's, us, and Germany.

CqFMw5jW8AANnFp.jpg:large

Slizeezyc

- Ancient Greek history

Them power rankings:

1. Women's history
2. Modern Germany
3. U.S. history

- Ancient Greek history

I'd pick Womens, then Jewish then Greek.

Pixieking

Banned

- Ancient Greek history

That's my pick. Nice spread of subjects, giving a good overview of three very important points in history. Different enough to not all be "more of the same", but could possibly be used to give insight into each-other.

Dan Pfeiffer ‏@danpfeiffer 23m23 minutes ago
The Trump shakeup has zero to do with winning the election and everything to do with preserving his brand for life after he loses

Oh wow, those Q polls are LV.

- Ancient Greek history

Those are what interests me. They all sound pretty cool though!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

- Ancient Greek history

Ancient Greek, German and Jewish for sure.

Greek good for politics of war, German good for politics of power, Jewish good for the really broad sweep. The Women's history starts about 40 years too late to get the picture, and the US is a sort of slice-of-life thing with too much Roosevelt.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

- Ancient Greek history

I'd grab that US History course and Women's History. The US History because that's a really interesting time in our history and the Women's History because that shit's important.

Greek good for politics of war, German good for politics of power, Jewish good for the really broad sweep. The Women's history starts about 40 years too late to get the picture, and the US is a sort of slice-of-life thing with too much Roosevelt.

The history of Teddy could be instructive since we're essentially seeing what happened back then happen again, in relation to the Republican party.

Those are my picks as well.

- Ancient Greek history

I would take Greek, Women's, and U.S. but that's just me

@LPDonovan
Why is Trump losing? Same old song.

College Whites
IA HRC +10
CO HRC +15
VA HRC +18

White Women
IA HRC +15
CO HRC +9
VA HRC +5

God bless African-Americans and college educated white women, or as I like to call it, Obama & Hillary: The Electorate.

Teggy

Was also lauding 4% growth during Reagan administration but failed to explain why similar growth was not achieved during Bush tax cuts.

Not to mention ignored that Reagan had huge tax increases - you can argue about how they were achieved, but you can't argue the end result.

Grief.exe

This article is lit

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...off-funding-for-trump/?utm_term=.29e041c18f19

• Donald Trump has two people, Kellyanne Conway and Steve Bannon, running his presidential campaign who have never run a presidential campaign. Bannon has never worked on a campaign. Of any type.
  • Bannon is the former chief executive of a propaganda outlet that embraced the so-called alt-right (indistinguishable from white supremacists) and attacked a critic in anti-Semitic terms.
  • Paul Manafort is still on the payroll. The Times reports a Ukrainian prosecutor alleges Manafort was instrumental in staging “a series of anti-NATO, anti-Kiev protests in Crimea led by Viktor Yanukovych’s pro-Russian Party of Regions — now designated a criminal organization. The protests forced planned NATO exercises there to be cancelled.”
    All of this would have been in conflict with U.S. foreign policy, which supports a free and independent Ukraine.
  • The Associated Press adds: “Donald Trump’s campaign chairman helped a pro-Russian governing party in Ukraine secretly route at least $2.2 million in payments to two prominent Washington lobbying firms in 2012, and did so in a way that effectively obscured the foreign political party’s efforts to influence U.S. policy.” This raises a question of legality. (“Under federal law, U.S. lobbyists must declare publicly if they represent foreign leaders or their political parties and provide detailed reports about their actions to the Justice Department. A violation is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.”)
  • Trump is campaigning in blue states such as Connecticut, where he has no hope of winning. He has not used funds already raised to set up anything resembling a presidential-level ground game.

It's terrible timing. He could have just fired him last night! Now he has to wear this shit!

Trump himself essentially conceded by hiring Bannon. He knows this is over, don't panic.

I am not panicked about Trump winning, I am worried about the damage he is going to do to this country over the next 80 days.

It's going to get bad and there is no floor.

Piecake

That time period in US history is really important. I would definitely recommend taking it.

During that period we saw the establishment of Jim Crow, the rise of jingoist nationalism, and the desire for overseas imperialist conquest.

It was also one of the most violent and turbulent political time periods in our history with massive labor strikes, violent responses to those labor strikes, anarchist terrorist plots, assassinations, bombings, massive corruption, populism, women's rights movements, temperance movements, etc.

After that, we begin to see the rise of progressiveness in response to the corrupt corportist/laizzee fair government that we had before. This is an extremely important period because we get to see how America dealt with the huge dislocations of industrialization that gave enormous wealth to business leaders, put millions in squalid working conditions in a factory and not on a farm, and how this new wealth influenced and shaped our politics.

Progressiveness was not without its problems because they largely favored everything scientific and what was scientific at the time was also scientific racism, social darwninism, and eugenics. The connections to these ideas and Hitler/WWII are pretty obvious. I think this is important because we shouldn't pretend that these ideas were not accepted anywhere else besides Germany. Hell, even pogroms against Jews were rather common in Europe, especially Eastern Europe and Russia before Hitler took power.

My other choices would be Women's history and Germany

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
And President Obama is still in the bullpen. Think about that for a minute. October is going to be great.

Yup! I get more optimistic by the day. She's had this thing locked down since at least the convention, but I think it will just get better from here on.

Mike M

Nick N
I'm honestly at about 50:50 on him calling her a bitch or something else like "look here, sweetheart...".

And I can't wait to see Clinton's giant grin when he does.
Something dismissive or condescending like "sweetheart" or "darling," sure.

But he's never going to call her a bitch on TV, no matter how rattled he gets. His direct insults are purely G-rated.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Something dismissive or condescending like "sweetheart" or "darling," sure.

But he's never going to call her a bitch on TV, no matter how rattled he gets. His direct insults are purely G-rated.

You say that, but I wouldn't bet against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom