• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

That AMA is going well...

In response to:

I think Hillary killed his dog or mother or something. No true progressive has that much unjustifiable hate pent up for a person at his age. That's the type of hate you develop in your early teens towards someone because you're an idiot and don't know how to research facts.

Maxim726X

From the AMA:

'Jim Webb was against Iraq. Trump is less hawkish. Also, Webb was critical of Clinton's various links to the DNC early on in the primary. Webb also believes Clinton scandals are a threat to national security, so he doesn't LOVE Trump, he's picking the lesser of two evils.

The delusion is strong... I find the bolded particularly hysterical because he has never held fucking office, so we'd have no idea about his 'hawkish' attitude, or lack thereof.

We could also of course, go with the fact that he has advocated ground troops in the ME, killing the families of terrorists, and advocating the use of nuclear armaments.

But yes, Hillary is more hawkish. Wow.

CCS

Banned
I think Hillary killed his dog or mother or something. No true progressive has that much unjustifiable hate pent up for a person at his age. That's the type of hate you develop in your early teens towards someone because you're an idiot and don't know how to research facts.

Speaking of, can someone run me through how his response makes any sense at all here?

[–]druuconian [score hidden] 48 minutes ago

Can you please explain why you believe 4 years of Trump would be worth it in order to stop Clinton? Specifically, how is that going to advance progressive policy goals?

[–]HAGOODMANAUTHORH.A. Goodman [score hidden] 27 minutes ago

Because we get 8 years of a Democrat, since Trump will end the planet. With Clinton, we already have endless scandal, BEFORE election day. She barely beats Trump now in polls, and she cheated Bernie. In terms of structural issues, Trump is actually less hawkish, and ultimately, the big issue is she merges neocons and Kissinger into a Dem White House. This is the end of two parties on war and foreign policy, if a Dem is advised by Bush's neocons.

Just... what is he even trying to say?

Wilsongt

Speaking of, can someone run me through how his response makes any sense at all here?

Just... what is he even trying to say?

Clinton is the antiChrist and will kill us all, but with Trump Congress will block everything he does.

That is his justification. If Trump is president, he expects there to be real checks and balance and for Congress to reign in his crazy. Verses Clinton who will sell our secrets to Russia for Clinton foundation donations, get hacked on an hourly basis, and usher in the progressive apocolypse.

Unjustifiable hate because he is an idiot with no real, substantial reason for having such a hate boner, so he manifests it as snarky and sarcastic hyperbole.

I was banned from r/politics because I asked Goodman this question.

"What is it like to have your head so far up your ass that it is in the small intestine?"

I did my part. #revolution

CCS

Banned
Clinton is the antiChrist and will kill us all, but with Trump Congress will block everything he does.

That is his justification. If Trump is president, he expects there to be real checks and balance and for Congress to reign in his crazy. Verses Clinton who will sell our secrets to Russia for Clinton foundation donations, get hacked on an hourly basis, and usher in the progressive apocolypse.

Unjustifiable hate because he is an idiot with no real, substantial reason for having such a hate boner, so he manifests it as snarky and sarcastic hyperbole.

Honestly it would be kindest if someone took his computer and TV away and just never let him have them back.

Teggy

CNN did, but the doc didn't respond. Tells you evetything you need to know.

Maddow contacted him about the fact that the he was using fellowship initials some 25 years after he stopped paying his fellowship dues. He responded by saying that all you have to do to be a fellow is pay, so he isn't taking them off and also sent a picture of his 25 year old certificate that he hangs on his office wall.

You crazy.
I saw DJ Shadow when he was doing pretty much the Live! In Tune and On Time set and it was one the best shows I've ever seen in my life.
Generally speaking, early aughts Shadow is some of the best shows I have ever seen (and I have seen him a bunch of times doing different things with different people).

Then hyphy happened :(

Oh no, don't get mo wrong. He's THE BEST at that time. I listen to that In/Flux break in that set like once a week. But in between songs he's just so nerdy!!!

I saw him before UNKLE came out and he played the Lonely Soul break and I died.

Clinton Nov. win probability: random drift 94%, Bayesian 96%

giphy.gif

All over my face. Just....all over.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Remember when morning Joe was complaining about Obama and Iran stacksofcash and then everyone immediately got mad at Obama and

Wait

lol so subtle:

Cqo4JD2WIAE53Su.jpg:large

Andrea Mitchell ‏@mitchellreports 11m11 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
BREAKING: @NBCNews confirms @HillaryClinton will get her first intelligence briefing as a nominee this Saturday near her New York home.

Chichikov

Oh no, don't get mo wrong. He's THE BEST at that time. I listen to that In/Flux break in that set like once a week. But in between songs he's just so nerdy!!!

I saw him before UNKLE came out and he played the Lonely Soul break and I died.
Only nerds bin dive as hard as shadow.

BTW, for people who didn't watch the video and/or listen to the lyrics, I would like to point out that "Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest" is a line in that song.

Only nerds bin dive as hard as shadow.

BTW, for people who didn't watch the video and/or listen to the lyrics, I would like to point out that "Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest" is a line in that song.

And I'm so glad that had
someone "read" that line in the video.

A Siena College poll last week showed Hillary Clinton with a 30-point lead over Trump in New York, 57 percent to 27 percent, leading the Trump campaign source to quip, ‘’We have nowhere to go but up, baby.’’

I would not place money on that, Donny.

Dierce

Clinton is doing a terrible job at fending off criticism and negativity that has been swung her way lately. I know most if not all of us here want her to win and can't fathom orange turd but I just can't help but be concerned at how complacent her campaign has been. Orange turd is getting away with his pivot which is built upon lies and nobody is calling him out loud enough. This is something that needs to be done immediately or even before he starts to pivot on other matters which he will since all he cares about is winning, nothing else.

I know Clinton's campaign probably runs polling every day which shows them ahead but the fact remains that these last 2 weeks have not been kind to her and the media has been much more positive of orange turd.

Teggy

Clinton is doing a terrible job at fending off criticism and negativity that has been swung her way lately. I know most if not all of us here want her to win and can't fathom orange turd but I just can't help but be concerned at how complacent her campaign has been. Orange turd is getting away with his pivot which is built upon lies and nobody is calling him out loud enough. This is something that needs to be done immediately or even before he starts to pivot on other matters which he will since all he cares about is winning, nothing else.

I know Clinton's campaign probably runs polling every day which shows them ahead but the fact remains that these last 2 weeks have not been kind to her and the media has been much more positive of orange turd.

I want them to do a presentation on the charity work the Clinton Foundation does. There must some reason they have not done this. Waiting for the debate?

It's like the second coming of the ACORN takedown.

Like we saw during the Sanders campaign, as much as the person she was running against gained, Clinton never really seemed to lose any support. Look at that yougov poll covering the post 'pivot' period. Whatever support he's gained didn't come at her expense.

The debates are coming up soon. Those will be the next real chapter of this campaign I would bet. We know the two candidates really well at this point. What we don't know is what happens when you put them in a room together.

With NC I feel like if you are not leading the polls chances of winning on election day are slim. Especially with the changes on voting precincts still in place.

Dierce

Like we saw during the Sanders campaign, as much as the person she was running against gained, Clinton never really seemed to lose any support. Look at that yougov poll covering the post 'pivot' period. Whatever support he's gained didn't come at her expense.

The debates are coming up soon. Those will be the next real chapter of this campaign I would bet. We know the two candidates really well at this point. What we don't know is what happens when you put them in a room together.

But this is also risking a lot and there is no certainty that she will come ahead during the debates. Maybe she is sick during the first one or orange turds shows up with a demeanor that was not expected. The problem here is that Orange turds campaign can figure out Clinton's strategy but it doesn't work the other way around. They have the element of surprise.

This is also a one in a lifetime opportunity to ruin the republican party and there is absolutely nothing more they deserve than absolute ruin for all they done have over the years, culminating with the disgrace of picking orange turd. Orange turd was never meant to be a viable candidate and it is an utter disappointment and embarrassment that at least 40% of likely voters will pick such a pathetic and demented individual as their leader.

I want them to do a presentation on the charity work the Clinton Foundation does. There must some reason they have not done this. Waiting for the debate?

I agree, this must happen. Have people understand what the foundation does.

hawk2025

I really don't get this.

They just take every Foundation hit and *never* point out what it actually, you know, does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom