• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
@realDonaldTrump:
The so-called angry crowds in home districts of some Republicans are actually, in numerous cases, planned out by liberal activists. Sad!

(Yes, it is real. Sad!)

This is toothless even coming from him. Like... no shit they were planned and organized, that's what makes it a movement.

chadskin

mo60

The lack of Charisma is the reason we don't win national elections. There will always be infighting. And the far left will always be unhappy.

And yes, Sanders was clearly charismatic to a number of people, since his policy plans amounted to a grand total of jack and squat yet people were following to the ends of the earth anyway.

But it worked. Hillary's numbers in suburban/urban areas indicated she was flipping moderate Rs. The issue was that it couldn't offset losses in rural areas. (VA is essentially the template for this.)

Yeah. Even in some states like Michigan which she lost or won in California's case you saw counties like kent county turn into slightly leaning republican counties or blue counties(like Orange County in CA and Front Bend County in Texas).Speaking of Michigan if the democrats want to win that state again I think one of the counties they should target is kent county. Obama won that county in 08 by like a percent and hilary lost it by 3% in 2016.

@realDonaldTrump:
The so-called angry crowds in home districts of some Republicans are actually, in numerous cases, planned out by liberal activists. Sad!

(Yes, it is real. Sad!)

He had a tweet like this before, only in that one he said that protestors weren't "the Republican constituency" of the legislators being booed.

I cannot tell which belief is more pathetic:

A) That organized political action is wrong or strange (implying that he thinks that his own rallies just happened because people naturally loved him so much)

B) He really thinks that if one side wins an election, then only constituents for the party in charge are allowed to say anything or get what they want, the others all have to sit in time out for the term

He had a tweet like this before, only in that one he said that protestors weren't "the Republican constituency" of the legislators being booed.

A) That organized political action is wrong or strange (implying that he thinks that his own rallies just happened because people naturally loved him so much)

B) He really thinks that if one side wins an election, then only constituents for the party in charge are allowed to say anything or get what they want, the others all have to sit in time out for the term

The second one is less "pathetic" and more "terrifying" tbh.

WA governor is being floated as 2020 candidate.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...d-with-states-legal-victories-on-immigration/

BUT
Citing two sources close to the Trump administration, the New York Post reported last week that top Trump adviser Stephen Bannon had asked GOP consultants to start tracking some potential 2020 Democratic challengers.

Atop that list were Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown, Connecticut Sen. Chris Murphy, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

Inslee was not mentioned.

I actually hadn't really though Murphy would be a candidate for 2020 but I guess it's possible he could run. His most famous moment is about gun control though, which is important (especially for him) but I don't think it would make him a good fit for a presidential candidate. He's decently progressive and young though so I guess that would make him stand out in a crowd of old people if the freshman senators don't end up running this time.

Man, this NYPost article is silly.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/12/trumps-white-house-eyes-potential-foes-in-2020-election/

Gillibrand, 50, has been raising her profile thanks to a series of ”no" votes on Trump's cabinet picks, but White House officials view her as ”too young" and believe she lacks the network in the party to run a nationwide campaign, the sources said.

A lot of this reads like what Democrats said about Republicans this year. I mean, how much of this stuff hurt Trump? All it takes is the right candidate.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Obama was 47 and had four years as a junior senator under his belt.

Kirsten will have nearly two full terms as senator and several more in the House. Come onnnn.

Trump's looking down on her because she's a woman. I mean, look at everyone else listed. Outside of Warren, who is also brushed off, it's a list of men.

Man, this NYPost article is silly.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/12/trumps-white-house-eyes-potential-foes-in-2020-election/

A lot of this reads like what Democrats said about Republicans this year. I mean, how much of this stuff hurt Trump? All it takes is the right candidate.

Weird article given her NY donor connections. That being said I'd expect tri-state money to flood to Booker over her as he's a safer bet. I don't think she'll be a factor, especially if Warren runs and sucks up pro-choice group endorsements.

Money wise I think it's going to be Booker, Warren, and Kamala Harris; maybe Gavin Newsome if he loses the CA dem nomination. Not saying they're the best candidates, I'm just talking about donors. Booker with Seattle (and NY/NJ), Warren with MA, Harris with CA.

In terms of white guy underdogs I'd go with Sherrod Brown and Jason Kander. Dunno what Brown will do but Kander really seems like he's going to run. Can't help but feel Kander is going to do well in Iowa if he runs.

He definitely believes B. That's why he's always talking about the fact that he won.

royalan

Holy shit Kayleigh on CNN getting grilled.

When is she not.

The surprise statement would be, "Wow, Kayleigh on CNN just made a reasonable and salient point that doesn't make you want to put your own head through a wall because, as you hear her words, you realize that this unrepentant moron has a law degree."

Money wise I think it's going to be Booker, Warren, and Kamala Harris; maybe Gavin Newsome if he loses the CA dem nomination. Not saying they're the best candidates, I'm just talking about donors. Booker with Seattle (and NY/NJ), Warren with MA, Harris with CA. .

If Newsom doesn't win the gubernatorial election I don't see him running for president - it would mean he lost a race in his home turf despite being the clear favorite and frontrunner. Plus I imagine there will be plenty of people/donors that are leery about him anyway (since he will have some issues appealing to folks that might see him as the epitome of the California/San Francisco liberal out of touch with America). Combine that with losing the nomination or election for governor and I don't see much interest in him.

I don't think money matters at all in a presidential primary. You get 9 months to get people to notice you before the voting starts and that's extremely easy to do.

I am very confused why liberal TV media are talking to so many Hispanic politicians and activists today when Trump's deportation plan will largely target people of Chinese origin.

Do we have anyone who is Chinese to talk to about these things? Most recent undocumented immigrants are not Hispanic.

royalan

I don't think Kander runs. He's too green. And outside of political nerd circles, he has less than 0 profile, and I don't see how he changes that anytime soon.

I am very confused why liberal TV media are talking to so many Hispanic politicians and activists today when Trump's deportation plan will largely target people of Chinese origin.

Do we have anyone who is Chinese to talk to about these things? Most recent undocumented immigrants are not Hispanic.

Because Hispanic communities are facing ICE raids right now.

kirblar

Weird article given her NY donor connections. That being said I'd expect tri-state money to flood to Booker over her as he's a safer bet. I don't think she'll be a factor, especially if Warren runs and sucks up pro-choice group endorsements.

Money wise I think it's going to be Booker, Warren, and Kamala Harris; maybe Gavin Newsome if he loses the CA dem nomination. Not saying they're the best candidates, I'm just talking about donors. Booker with Seattle (and NY/NJ), Warren with MA, Harris with CA.

In terms of white guy underdogs I'd go with Sherrod Brown and Jason Kander. Dunno what Brown will do but Kander really seems like he's going to run. Can't help but feel Kander is going to do well in Iowa if he runs.
I don't think Kander runs here, mostly because if he does have presidential ambitions, it is best for him NOT to run - you need to take it on your first shot.

Warren also won't run.

Barzul

Most undocumented immigrants are Chinese? Visa overstays are not considered undocumented are they?

tbm24

Most undocumented immigrants are Chinese? Visa overstays are not considered undocumented are they?
Given that undocumented is no different to Trump and this order as Illegal Immigrant, whether they were once documented or not is pointless.

I don't think Kander runs. He's too green. And outside of political nerd circles, he has less than 0 profile, and I don't see how he changes that anytime soon.

Because Hispanic communities are facing ICE raids right now.

Yes.

But there should be Chinese and Indian activists on these reports too when the topic is "respond to Trump's new order on deportation which pushes for deporting people who have been here for less than two years."

your grandparents from either side didn't have any brothers?

A ton. Like holy crap my grandpas both had like half a dozen each. And my grandpa is the only son left in his family, and my entire other grandpa's side is gone.

I have no living great uncles, unless you want to count husbands of aunts and great aunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom