• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

Edit: the Senate doesn't actually have to rework the bill into something moderate. They could just time it so its most harmful effects are *delayed* past the midterms, to protect the moderates.

The MacArthur Amendment already does that. The availability of a state waiver for essential benefits only starts after 2020. And states can allow insurers to charge higher premiums for pre-existing conditions starting in 2019, I believe.

The CBO report couldn't even be applicable to this shitty bill because you'd have no idea which states would opt-in and opt-out. This also makes factoring in Tax Reform impossible so what the hell is the point?

In general, people aren't going to care that the CBO report is outdated. That's what they were told was going to happen, so that's what's going to happen to them.

CBO score will estimate those things I believe. And they would have best case scenario estimate, worst case scenario estimate.

Looks more and more likely that the bill will pass tomorrow though.

I think the situation is still a win-win for Dems if they use it properly.

Owzers

Grassley should come out and call all this fake news if he's going to bring up buzzfeed being sued like that matters.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Grassley should come out and call all this fake news if he's going to bring up buzzfeed being sued like that matters.

Seriously.

Jenna Lifhits‏ @jlifhits 4m4 minutes ago

Grassley at FBI oversight hearing: "Where is all this speculation about collusion coming from?"

Yeah, OK.

Owzers

Instead of talking solely incidental collection and unmasking to avoid the actual investigation, we're adding Hillary and "shouldn't you be focusing on terrorism?"

CBO score will estimate those things I believe. And they would have best case scenario estimate, worst case scenario estimate.

Looks more and more likely that the bill will pass tomorrow though.

I think the situation is still a win-win for Dems if they use it properly.

Vote coming "as early as Saturday" now

Obviously it's going really great

Vote coming "as early as Saturday" now

Obviously it's going really great

We're voting on Monday!

Uhh... no maybe by Thursday

Next week I guess?

No, we're totally doing it this Friday!

Oh... well cancel that vote, sorry guys, bill's dead

Let's do it on Saturday, I think we're closer

Wait no, I guess we'll try again some other time

This is repeat of the last time almost exactly lol

PBY

Banned
Not sure what you guys are talking about

Its not happening yet, but AHCA is closer to passing the House now than its ever been.

Mike M

Nick N
Coded white supremacist tats are getting fucking obscure.

the_hemogoblin_by_rumpelstilzchen-d6iv14j.jpg

DC Database said:

From a distance you'd think they were a really big fan of Deadman lol

Actually, even up close I thought that was Deadman until I read the caption. Thought it was some odd 80s versions of him or something.

Barzul

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/new...-passes-house0306PMVODtopLink&linkId=37149295

The measure, backed by Republicans, would let employers give workers paid time off instead of time-and-a-half pay the next time they put in extra hours. The vote tally was largely along party lines, with no Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Six Republicans also voted against it.
G.O.P. leadership has touted the legislation, called the Working Families Flexibility Act, as an attempt to codify flexibility for employees.

But Democrats stand in strong opposition. Their chief concern is that employers have the final say on when comp time can be used, which means bosses can defer compensating employees for overtime work.

Fucking evil. So you change overtime laws but don't workers the control they need on when to take it.

Tamanon

Banned
Upton and Long just switched back to yes with the inclusion of their wholly inadequate admendment of money for HRPs.

They were basically yeses I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing wasn't manufactured so they could act like they were fighting for something and Trump could be seen as an influencer.

They were basically yeses I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing wasn't manufactured so they could act like they were fighting for something and Trump could be seen as an influencer.

They were marked as No on all whip counts I've seen.

C-1JPQEWsAAXEKc.jpg

Still need a few more lol

Also I think this is actually missing a few nos.

At this point, changing those moderate nos will likely cause some of the tea partiers to shift back to no.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The whole amount of amendment money basically screams "We helped! Sure, we didn't put anywhere near enough in...but we still care!"

barber

I see some people saying it's fine because if the year expires or your quit it gets paid out, but I think those posters are missing the point.

Imagine doing an 80 hour week for work, and then never given the permission to actually use those hours throughout the year. That's an entire year you have to wait for you to be paid for working so much OT, and some people end up relying on that fatter paycheck to help keep afloat.

Workaholic culture is so toxic, not to mention how workers are conditioned to feel bad for taking time off!

Or the fact that the positive (creation of flexible time) is a lie as the free hours created by doing overtime are not in your control thus being another way for employers to fuck with you.

Teggy

A villain who runs on cocaine and another that infects people with HIV? Really gives you a window into those times.

Are those superheroes on AZT?

Kevinroc

A lot of these reps. got in on "repeal and replace."

And a lot of these same reps. will lose their jobs by voting for "repeal and replace."

Slayven

A villain who runs on cocaine and another that infects people with HIV? Really gives you a window into those times.

Are those superheroes on AZT?

It was the 90s and comic writers was trying to handle social shit, without knowing how to handle social shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom