• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

so many people are going to go down because they coveted having a Republican administration (and being part of it) over their own country

even if he resigns i wnat to see him in cuffs.

I mean if all this is true, and we have a kompromat president, shouldn't we roll back all legislation and appointments? cause what can we prove wasn't directly ordered by kompromat?

Luckily we have none.

These people must be pretty confident in the power of the pardon seeing as all of them except Trump and Pence could be arrested at any time.

Zolo

Legislation and appointments still have to be dictated by congress. I assume most roles can also be rolled back by congress aside from the Supreme Court pick.

Legislation and appointments still have to be dictated by congress. I assume most roles can also be rolled back by congress aside from the Supreme Court pick.

Right. Congress has passed no real legislation, and Gorsuch hasn't changed the balance of the Court. The cancer hasn't metastasized too far, so I hope we can remove it in time.

even if he resigns i wnat to see him in cuffs.

I mean if all this is true, and we have a kompromat president, shouldn't we roll back all legislation and appointments? cause what can we prove wasn't directly ordered by kompromat?
We probably should, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that we'll still see "Trump appointee" in news reports about judicial cases for the next 30 years.

NC redistricting decision on July 27, including whether there will be special elections this year. Wonder if the assembly will impeach Cooper before then.

jtb

Banned
We shouldn't even dignify people like Abramson by calling them crazy.

They know exactly what they're doing. They're fucking con men and grifters, gleefully looking at a sea of easy marks.

I mean Eric Garland is probably legit crazy, but I blame him more on idiots in the press slavishly RTing that idiotic game theory thread without a modicum of thought.

And his proof is where exactly? Can we stop posting crazy people's twitter shit? Just post the NYTimes story itself, not crazy conspiracy guys tweeting about it without providing a link.

We should be better than crazy people like Abramson.

I'll take your advise, can't get to excited gotta wait until a real link pops up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We shouldn't even dignify people like Abramson by calling them crazy.

They know exactly what they're doing. They're fucking con men and grifters, gleefully looking at a see of easy marks.

Either way they should be summarily ignored.

I'll take your advise, can't get to excited gotta wait until a real link pops up.

I'd just take him off my follows and add the NYTimes itself. Along with the WaPo. Abramson has been crap since forever.

How can Sessions basically ignore a court order?

It's probably a test to see who actually enforces it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding fairly mild stuff and it's only a check to see if somebody calls his bluff. That way when somebody asks for something really incriminating, they'll have a better idea of how to proceed. Then again, they are extremely dumb so maybe I'm giving them too much credit. Either way, I'm anxious to see the response to this.

We probably should, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that we'll still see "Trump appointee" in news reports about judicial cases for the next 30 years.

NC redistricting decision on July 27, including whether there will be special elections this year. Wonder if the assembly will impeach Cooper before then.

Speaking of NC, did the assembly ever impeach Elaine Marshall? She's been SoS for twenty (!!!) years, so I imagine she must be fairly popular with the public. An impeachment might not work out that well.

I hope we get the special elections this year. Cooper could do so much more if he just had even a Republican legislature with a smaller majority.

ivajz

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/sources-trump-lawyers-knew-russia-emails-back-june-000320831.html

Sources: Trump lawyers knew of Russia emails back in June

President Trump's legal team was informed more than three weeks ago about the email chain showing that his son Donald Jr. met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer last June, two sources familiar with the handling of the matter told Yahoo News.

Trump told Reuters in an interview on Wednesday that he learned just ”a couple of days ago" that his son, Donald Trump Jr, had met with the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, after receiving emails that she would supply him with information that ”would incriminate Hillary" and was ”part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump." That was the day after Donald Jr. released the email exchanges himself, after learning they would be published by the New York Times.

Trump repeated that assertion in a talk with reporters Air Force One on his way to Paris Wednesday night. ”I only heard about it two or three days ago," he said according to a transcript of his talk when asked about the meeting with Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in June 2016 attended by Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, then Trump's campaign chief, and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner.

But the sources told Yahoo News that Marc Kasowitz, the president's chief lawyer in the Russia investigation, and Alan Garten, executive vice president and chief legal officer of the Trump Organization, were both informed about the emails in the third week of June, after they were discovered by lawyers for Kushner, who is now a senior White House official.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

Maengun1

Gorsuch dramatically changed the balance of the court compared to Merrick Garland.

If things turn out as badly for Trump & co. as they should, I want the dems to figure out a way to boot Gorsuch off the court. I don't care, fuck precedent. The Rs are probably trying to figure out a way to do the same thing anyway. There are no norms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom