• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
The best part?

IT'S DEAD AND EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE IS ON THE RECORD FOR HOW THEY VOTED.

"Do you know how your elected representative voted on the Repeal? [Insert Name Here] voted to take away your coverage for [Insert Ailment Here]. Don't give them a second chance."

Absoluely amazed by this. They're the dumbest bunch of "politicians" I've ever seen.

Gruco

Banned
The best part?

IT'S DEAD AND EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE IS ON THE RECORD FOR HOW THEY VOTED.

Maybe the strategy of constantly rushing process regardless in spite of continuous setbacks on substance was not, in fact, the work of a legislative supergenius.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
YYAAAAAASSSSS

giphy.gif
Omg this gif!
Perfect

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, that McConnell Aye to proceed.

He's completely breaking up.

sangreal

So when McConnell left the chamber for a few and then came back in and immediately started the vote -- I assume that was to call Trump and see what he wanted to do?

Ryan is gonna be pissed. He probably went to bed assuming this was a done deal.
Chuck Schumer is a god and we never should've doubted him.
People talk shit endlessly about Schumer and Pelosi, but they get shit done when it matters. There's a reason they're in those positions.
Oh, how I miss Boehner. He got out at the right moment, knowing what shitstorm was brewing (and that was before Trump was even elected!).

So that McConnelll speech seems like the whole thing is dead...this is like a horror movie where you just feel like the monster isn't dead yet

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Unless Trump wants to preside over a shutdown then he will. So I completely expect a shutdown to occur and am saving money accordingly.

Oh god, we may have the bigger shitshow coming up.
I keep forgetting about that.

Slizeezyc

MURKOWSKI AND COLLINS THE ACTUAL MODERATE DARLINGS

YAAAAAAASSSSS QUEEN

(But seriously our healthcare system can be so much better.)

Pixieking

Banned
Hillary's Tell-All about the '16 election has a title and promotional blurb.

What Happened

“In the past, for reasons I try to explain, I’ve often felt I had to be careful in public, like I was up on a wire without a net. Now I’m letting my guard down.” —Hillary Rodham Clinton, from the introduction of What Happened

For the first time, Hillary Rodham Clinton reveals what she was thinking and feeling during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules. This is her most personal memoir yet.

In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterward. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, relationships, and reading that got her through, and what the experience has taught her about life. She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age, and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.

She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analyzing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces are that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future.

The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath—both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation.

broz0rs

Schumer's speech was perfect, no gloating, flipping the page on health care, and expressing Dems desire to get back to regular order. Nice holding back tears when talking about McCain too lol

McConnell's utter disrespect for the process doomed this entire thing. All he had to do is hold hearings, committees, make bills public, not hide CBO scores etc and McCain would have ultimately voted for a bill like this.

Now we wait for Trump to attack McCain.

McConnell's utter disrespect for the process doomed this entire thing. All he had to do is hold hearings, committees, make bills public, not hide CBO scores etc and McCain would have ultimately voted for a bill like this.

If McConnell doesn't lose his job I don't know what could

I updated the top of the OP a little to account for recent events.

I cannot express how good I feel that Murkowski didn't bend to threats and the actual physical intimidation by fellow [male] Senators.

Pixieking

Banned

"What can you expect from someone who was a POW? Loooooooser!"

Or something about how the brain cancer affected his judgement.

Mac_Lane

The Senate had long planned to move on to a defense authorization bill but Rand Paul objected to doing so tonight. The result is that its next vote will be on a judicial nomination on Monday.

Motherfuckers already trying to get back at McCain.

I can see Murkowski going I for the rest of her term if the caucus and the President threaten her any further. Why would you remain loyal to that?! Probably wouldn't caucus with Democrats, but it would still be open (and justified) rebellion.

UberTag

The Maverick had the biggest face turn of this decade tonight. Holy shit.
It's been an incomparable turn of events. What a roller coaster!
Is there a John McCain T-shirt to buy somewhere? I need to reward him for this 11th hour booking by boosting his merch sales.

Trump is about to have a very bad Friday. Russian sanctions? Obamacare surviving yet another assault?

Dude is gonna freak the fuck out in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom